hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcinnes

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could also argue they were two up against a poor side, with very little confidence and blew it.
    In a one off game.

When you look at his overall record he's undoubtedly one of the best managers in the Scottish league over the last decade or so.

Saying he ended up with a draw after being 2 up is very shortsighted when you consider his record on the whole

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yes but it is HIS team, he flirted with relegation last season after the benefit of 2 transfer windows and a 3rd midway through. Hibs fans (such as youself) wouldn't stick by a manager with an equivalent level of underperformance. NM is 4 weeks into his 1st transfer window so he's only just starting to build his team. McInnes is in his 5th window.
    I don't want McInnes at Hibs, never have really. But he's definitely doing a good job at Killie right now. As you say though, it's absolutely his team. People mention the difference in budget etc, and again that is true. But McInnes has absolutely been backed at Killie and has signed players to suit his play style. We're hopefully starting to get that now with Montgomery and I do think we'll start to improve.

Yes but it is HIS team, he flirted with relegation last season after the benefit of 2 transfer windows and a 3rd midway through. Hibs fans (such as youself) wouldn't stick by a manager with an equivalent level of underperformance. NM is 4 weeks into his 1st transfer window so he's only just starting to build his team. McInnes is in his 5th window.
    I'm not sure saying he "flirted with relegation" with Kilmarnock is that much of a negative. They were newly promoted, which he achieved for them in one season, and then safely navigated them to safety in the first season back.

If that's the worst that can be labeled at him it's not bad going.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'm not sure saying he "flirted with relegation" with Kilmarnock is that much of a negative. They were newly promoted, which he achieved for them in one season, and then safely navigated them to safety in the first season back.

In fairness to Mcinnes he has built a team to play on that awful surface which is undoubtedly an advantage and plays to their strengths.....however away from home on grass.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    In fairness to Mcinnes he has built a team to play on that awful surface which is undoubtedly an advantage and plays to their strengths.....however away from home on grass.......
    Done pretty well with Aberdeen over about 7 or 8 years on grass...

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hopefully someone at Hibs was asking about his availability today
    Killi had 36% possession and one shot on target at home against a struggling Hibs side. They then lost a two goal lead. Yea..amazing

McInnes is not the answer.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    In a one off game.

When you look at his overall record he's undoubtedly one of the best managers in the Scottish league over the last decade or so.

Saying he ended up with a draw after being 2 up is very shortsighted when you consider his record on the whole
    He’s failed to beat Monty in 3 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He’s failed to beat Monty in 3 attempts.
    I suppose that fact negates everything else then, like having Killie 4th and doing a very good job with Aberdeen over a long period.

He's not beaten Montgomery though, or to be more accurate Hibs, in 3 games so I suppose that trumps that.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 27-01-2024 at 05:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Hoofing the ball from one end to the other and kicking the opposition off the park.

It might win games, but not the way I’d enjoy watching us win games. I’d prefer to continue to strive to be a footballing side.
    Agree totally only one team trying to play football today

Done pretty well with Aberdeen over about 7 or 8 years on grass...
    He did no better than okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    You could argue that his team with a much smaller budget is above us in the league and managed to take a point with 10 men.
    They were two up and should have lost after Doidge headed wide. No thanks

Important context. Ridiculous looking to get rid of the manager. Give him a chance

The equivalent underperformance would be more than enough of a negative for many Hibs fans to want a manager replaced.

He achieved promotion where the nearest challengers were part-time Arbroath and he only pipped them by a couple of points. Wonder how many times Arbroath's budget Killie had.

Yes kept them up, he avoided the relegation playoff spot on the last day of the season. The point is that Hibs managers are not allowed that level of support.

As others have mentioned, the plastic pitch gives him a huge advantage. I looked up the stats not long ago and the points earned at home conmpared to away are a lot more heavily skewed to points at won at home than average.

McInnes may not be the answer, but I'm totally done with these experiments.
    This manager like the last two is an absolute dud.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    McInnes may not be the answer, but I'm totally done with these experiments.
    This manager like the last two is an absolute dud.
    Don't think he is. Fans need to be much more patient

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I suppose that fact negates everything else then, like having Killie 4th and doing a very good job with Aberdeen over a long period.

He's not beaten Montgomery though, or to be more accurate Hibs, in 3 games so I suppose that trumps that.
    I didn’t say it negates anything but then again I wasn’t thr person saying it was just a one off match.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I didn’t say it negates anything but then again I wasn’t thr person saying it was just a one off match.
    Every game in the league is a one off match. Unless I've missed the deciding leg scheduled?
    Last edited by Since90+2; 27-01-2024 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Are you saying a Hibs team shouldn’t slow the game down and manage it when 2-1 up and down to ten men? Are you really turning your nose up at that?
    They were doing it at 2-2. At home. Never even pushed to kill the game and get a third or fourth. At home! Parked the bus and shat it.

Do I want that. No. I want a team who plays to win. Plus, I've seen no evidence what so ever that he is the messiah that he's made out to be. Failed to beat this poor Hibs team twice. The love in is cringey.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    They were doing it at 2-2. At home. Never even pushed to kill the game and get a third or fourth. At home! Parked the bus and shat it.

Do I want that. No. I want a team who plays to win. Plus, I've seen no evidence what so ever that he is the messiah that he's made out to be. Failed to beat this poor Hibs team twice. The love in is cringey.
    yea, he wouldn't last half a season here, and by here i mean on hibs.net. We already have a problem hanging on sometimes so last thing we need is someone who shuts up shop against anyone that isn't the old firm.

Monty needs to be given time. We need to stop jumping from manager to manager. It’s damaging the club.

Player recruitment has been our biggest failure but hopefully that’ll be given a huge boost in the coming months!

Please keep the faith comrades!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post

It’s only a negative on his CV if you believe the Hibs team is poor of course. Even at 2-2 the better team were pushing to win the game. If roles were reversed I would 100% want my team to be managing it to get away with a point. You’re kidding yourself on if we were at Easter Road playing any of the top three and we’re trying to keep it square for a point. You’d be delighted with it just as everyone else would.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    Good comeback today.
    Papers over the cracks. I want whoever the manager is to compete and be given a chance.
    The revolving door system just produces angst
    This is a great point for me. We’ve tried continually replacing managers, look where it’s left us.

NM hasn’t even had a full transfer window and folk want him punted, it’s insane IMO. Yes the football, and results, aren’t what we would want but hitting the reset button now just starts the cycle all over again.

What we need is a little patience and Perseverance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    He is at a club with half the budget of Hibs.
    Yes and he’s adapted his play to suit that and not try to be Man City.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Roaster.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Aye he's never a hibs manager, imagine winning football matches.
    Did he win?
    I must've missed that.

According to bbc the messiah lines up 4-4-2 today. Mcinnes out

Knew this would resurface today.

Hibs may have been frustrating in sectors of today's game there is no way we'd accept that style of play at ER. We hounded out other managers for less. His team are a gang, aided and abetted by one of the worst playing surfaces in top flight football. We'd not be happy with it no matter what the results.

Whether NM pans out poorly or otherwise, the man with more tan than BK isn't the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don't think he is. Fans need to be much more patient
    I sincerely hope you are correct.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensunshine View Post
    Monty needs to be given time. We need to stop jumping from manager to manager. It’s damaging the club.

Player recruitment has been our biggest failure but hopefully that’ll be given a huge boost in the coming months!

Please keep the faith comrades!
    I admire your optimism and wish I had it. Just don't think Montgomery will come good and that's a worry.