hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safe Standing

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Safe Standing

Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Amazing how much things we get right off the pitch. Well done

Great news.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Good news, really the only solution to the FFL lower being empty half the time. Didn’t look great on PPV the other night.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Do we reckon everybody “loses” their ST seat and it becomes a free-for-all at renewal time?
    Kinda seems like the only fair option.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Great news.

Will be rammed no doubt going forward and look great in the stadium and on the telly.

J

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we reckon everybody “loses” their ST seat and it becomes a free-for-all at renewal time?
    Kinda seems like the only fair option.
    I think existing STs who want to stay should get first pick and the rest goes to general sale.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I assume that the family section will now either be the wings of the East or Section 25 in FFU.

Good News. This will hopefully get the East going again too.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's Cinema View Post
    Good News. This will hopefully get the East going again too.
    Yep, best thing to come out of this for me personally is Block 7 and their TikTok songs out of earshot in the East

In all seriousness what a difference this should make. I won’t make the move but I’m all for it
    Last edited by .Sean.; 26-01-2024 at 09:19 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Good news

Does this mean our capacity is also increased?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Doubt it. Each person standing will still have a seat folded up behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Well done Hibs, a far better use of that area given that it’s half empty in the vast majority of games. Sounds like areas will be assigned for families in other areas of the ground. Not going to please everyone I’m sure but I think it’s what’s for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Unlikely.

In areas specifically built for safe standing you can get extra wide rail seats and extra deep rows to allow either 1.5 or 2 persons per seated space. We don't have that so it's more likely we'll have to work on a 1:1 ratio.

That's guesswork on my part but it was certainly the case for Newcastle when they were exploring safe standing and the layout of SJP in terms of space and so on is broadly comparable to ER.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Family have a group in block 18 since 2002 and we currently go from the age of 4 years old to 80. Heard absolutely nothing from the club.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I take it this will be the full lower tier?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Unlikely.

In areas specifically built for safe standing you can get extra wide rail seats and extra deep rows to allow either 1.5 or 2 persons per seated space. We don't have that so it's more likely we'll have to work on a 1:1 ratio.

That's guesswork on my part but it was certainly the case for Newcastle when they were exploring safe standing and the layout of SJP in terms of space and so on is broadly comparable to ER.
    Celtic Park standing looks like there are much more in there but not sure if it’s an illusion or there really are more in there?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I assume that the family section will now either be the wings of the East or Section 25 in FFU.
    Great. Braced for them trying to turf us out of our seats again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Family have a group in block 18 since 2002 and we currently go from the age of 4 years old to 80. Heard absolutely nothing from the club.
    Not sure that’s true given there has been an extensive consultation and they’ve announced the outcome of that today.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    There was an emailed survey to everyone on the mailing list a good while back, as they mentioned in the post. I'd be surprised if that was the only thing to the existing STs there.

First Team Regular
    Brilliant, amazing potential for big games in regards to displays, atmosphere etc

@hibs.net private member
    So instead of lots of empty spaces in the ffl for TV we'll now have lots of spaces in the east instead directly in front of the cameras. Not sure how that's any better.

Do we know whether there will be an priority given to anyone looking to purchase ST in that area? I’m aware Block 7 want to move there, are they being allocated some of that space?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Unlikely.

I don't know how a terrace can be structured differently to accommodate more people but the new Everton stadium will have a seated capacity of roughly 53,000. They have said previously that it has been designed in such a way that it may be possible to accommodate up to 60,000 with safe standing.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 26-01-2024 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    There was an emailed survey to everyone on the mailing list a good while back, as they mentioned in the post. I'd be surprised if that was the only thing to the existing STs there.
    The only thing any of us received was a link to that survey from my group.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

Safe Standing

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Do we know whether there will be an priority given to anyone looking to purchase ST in that area? I’m aware Block 7 want to move there, are they being allocated some of that space?
    I’m sure Block 7 will get whatever location they want.

Great news. The indecipherable nonsense will continue, but the drum getting banged randomly will no longer give me a headache.

Still would rather have spent the money on a decent player personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    I don't know how a terrace can be structured differently to accommodate more people but the new Everton stadium will have a seated capacity of roughly 53,000. They have said previously that it has been designed in such a way that it may be possible to accommodate up to 60,000 with safe standing.
    This is from the Newcastle consultation and explains the different construction:

To understand this, let’s look across the North Sea at mainland Europe. There, in Germany especially, safe standing areas have long been configured to accommodate more than one standing fan per rail seat place. That’s done by running an extra step along the back of each seating row, so that some fans can stand on that back step, while others stand in front of them directly behind the rail. Because these areas have invariably been built from scratch, the seating rows have been designed to be very spacious, and the rail seats fitted have been very wide. This combination of wide seats, deep rows and a rear step often provides room for up to two standing fans per seat space. But that won’t be possible at SJP. At least not without major rebuilding work. And a change in the law.

Not sure if that is the way the Everton stadium has been designed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by scottish_sleepy View Post
    So instead of lots of empty spaces in the ffl for TV we'll now have lots of spaces in the east instead directly in front of the cameras. Not sure how that's any better.
    There already are plenty empty in the East, but yes there will be more of them going forward.

I'm broadly in favour of the standing section, if its handled correctly but unlike others understand that it won't miraculously conjur up another couple of thousand supporters to fill empty seats.