hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maolida

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor debut but no worse than Vente. Weren't given much to play off but when they did get the ball neither was able to do much with it.
    Agree

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Really don't know what some expect.

His most recent games have been played in the Bundesliga 4th tier. This 7m euros talk was over 6 years ago.

Dismal start to his time at Hibs last night.

Really don't know what is more frustrating. His performance last night or Montgomery's decision to start him.
    The fact NM thought he was fit to start is a tad worrying. Unless he decided that minutes were the only way to get him fit. In an earlier interview NM seemed champing at the bit to get him in the team. These are the actions of a manager that's either put of his depth or clutching at straws.

See how the player does over the next handful of games.

Maybe starting him last night will help get his fitness up for games we have a chance of winning?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireHibs View Post
    The fact NM thought he was fit to start is a tad worrying. Unless he decided that minutes were the only way to get him fit. In an earlier interview NM seemed champing at the bit to get him in the team. These are the actions of a manager that's either put of his depth or clutching at straws.

See how the player does over the next handful of games.

Or maybe a manager who has realised that the players on the books are nowhere near good enough and won’t become so and is prepared to give someone else a run to see if they can do better?

Far too early to be making judgements

After 4 years or more of Joe Newell there is no real consensus amongst the support if he is the messiah or just a very naughty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I don’t like criticising players on their debut but that was really poor.

Maybe sharpness and a big step up in opposition was why but dearie me, I genuinely think he kept the ball twice.

His touch, awareness and passing was poor.

He never gave the impression he was out to prove a point or trying to get rid of the lazy tag.

Also expected him to drop into pockets of space more than he did, he just kind of slowly jogged all over the place. No real pace or aggression shown.

Then obviously he missed a huge chance at a crucial time of the game, funnily enough that’s one I can sort of accept
    Totally agree and I just hope he can get better and sharper but I would imagine Monty wasn’t too happy other
    He did make up good ground to get on to yo and pass but just hit to where goal keeper has come from and it’s a goal That move showed we can break at pace we just don’t do it enough

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Alright then, tell me one good thing he done in the entire game.

Levitt was poor but early on played a superb through ball to Youan at 0-0.

The debutant was poorer but drew a great save from Butland when it just might have got us back in the game at 1-2.

Jair done sfa
    Jair had a shot that took a decent save from Butland as well, was in the first half.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Jair had a shot that took a decent save from Butland as well, was in the first half.
    He was offside and the whistle had already gone?

Maolida looked miles off it. Not surprising really.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Maybe starting him last night will help get his fitness up for games we have a chance of winning?
    The bookies gave us a circa 30% chance of a draw last night - never understand this mentality that we simply cannot hope to lay a glove on the OF, bonkers.

Small time mentality IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Quite possibly the worst debut (or even performance actually) ive ever seen from a Hibs player. How he never got hooked at half time i’ll never know.
    poor post slating our own players, get behind him

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Quite possibly the worst debut (or even performance actually) ive ever seen from a Hibs player. How he never got hooked at half time i’ll never know.
    Then you can't have seen many debuts or performances then.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Or maybe a manager who has realised that the players on the books are nowhere near good enough and won’t become so and is prepared to give someone else a run to see if they can do better?

Far too early to be making judgements

After 4 years or more of Joe Newell there is no real consensus amongst the support if he is the messiah or just a very naughty boy
    Or a manager that hasn't got to grips yet with what players will work in our league. For all of LJ's faults, something seemed to click in January last year with him and he recognised what sort of player would work. Hopefully it clicks soon with NM.

Coaching Staff
    Well that must be one of the shortest welcome to Hibs for a new recruit. The excitement of signing him didn't last long. Way to go guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Well that must be one of the shortest welcome to Hibs for a new recruit. The excitement of signing him didn't last long. Way to go guys.
    Yep absolute appalling welcome. Clearly the guy needs to get up to speed however clearly has ability.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yep absolute appalling welcome. Clearly the guy needs to get up to speed however clearly has ability.
    I’m no saying he doesn’t have any ability but he didn’t show it last night. He was awful. I didn’t think it was a huge surprise that he was off the pace.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    It’s a very weird take imo. He looked like he wanted far more time on the ball than he will get in Scotland but I’ve seen far worse debuts than his last night.

It’s only anecdotal and from one player but I was told he’d impressed that said player in training. He clearly has something about him, though the hit his parent club are taking on his wages is a definite concern. It’s up to him whether he knuckles down with us or he’s another Feruz.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Jair was worse than him tonight and unbelievably got 96 minutes on the park.

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.
    Agree on both major points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Not a great debut but the OP is hysterical to the point of ridiculousness. Maolida was unlucky not to score - denied by an excellent save - but other than that he was kept pretty quiet and not much came off for him. Have seen much MUCH worse debuts than that though - Shefi Kuqui and Ed Van De Graff both spring to mind.

Give the guy a chance FFS!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Not a great debut but the OP is hysterical to the point of ridiculousness. Maolida was unlucky not to score - denied by an excellent save - but other than that he was kept pretty quiet and not much came off for him. Have seen much MUCH worse debuts than that though - Shefi Kuqui and Ed Van De Graff both spring to mind.

He's probably thanking his lucky stars that it's only a loan signing till the end of the season, especially if he's silly enough to read some of the expert assessments on here.

Coaching Staff

Eh ? Did Eddy not score two on his debut which was a Euro qualifier ?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Eh ? Did Eddy not score two on his debut which was a Euro qualifier ?
    Apart from that it was *****.

When Old Firm managers say that playing us is welcomed ( similar ) because of our expansive game , time to change it a bit ???

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    100%. Maolida got almost no service, long balls mostly - his one chance was brilliantly saved by the best keeper in this league.
    Even if he actually had been the worst player ever it's still pathetic. The guy is trying to do his ****ing best, it's not like he turned up and work and went "I'm going to be pish today". We're not in high school any more.

Was Kuqui the full back described by some as looking like he was wearing 'concrete boots'? Or was that someone else, I think in the Pat Fenlon or could have been Calderwood days?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Was Kuqui the full back described by some as looking like he was wearing 'concrete boots'? Or was that someone else, I think in the Pat Fenlon or could have been Calderwood days?
    Think that was Zarabi.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    He was a striker. Pretty good one at that. Until he joined us.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Kuqi was a striker.........apparently.
    Some people say I display apathy, but I don’t care what they think.

Kujabi?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Kujabi?
    Wouldn't ever accuse Kujabi of having concrete boots - accuse him of other things but he wasn't slow

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    The bookies gave us a circa 30% chance of a draw last night - never understand this mentality that we simply cannot hope to lay a glove on the OF, bonkers.

Small time mentality IMO
    Agreed, but Monty needs to consider the stats too, and to go with this formation against a confident 433 from a team who i think might pip Celtic this season was madness.

It was like Monty is trying to make a point, but he shouldn't play roulette with our club and get some points on the board as we look like relegation fodder at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    My memories not the best but surely Yogi Hughes had a worse debut?

A sending off at Rugby park no?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk