hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Maolida

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is exactly the type of example why we will always have a small team mentality. Maolida whilst he has been a good striker in that he’s linked well and scored roughly a goal a game,showed a good attitude. Surely this is the bare minimum we should expect up front? Jesus man 🤦*♂️.
    He’s obviously been highly rated in the past and finds himself trying to recapture that interest but a two year deal at hibs will do him no harm. 😝
    Utter nonsense. Its not ''small team mentality'' to correctly point out he will be offered much better wages elsewhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    I think Bournemouth will sign him for around £5m and loan him back to Hibs next season. :-)
    Now wouldn't that be something

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    7/2 anytime Bet 365

This thread is exactly the type of example why we will always have a small team mentality. Maolida whilst he has been a good striker in that he’s linked well and scored roughly a goal a game,showed a good attitude. Surely this is the bare minimum we should expect up front? Jesus man 🤦*♂️.
    He’s obviously been highly rated in the past and finds himself trying to recapture that interest but a two year deal at hibs will do him no harm. 😝
    You’re forgetting the small issue of the millions we’d need to spend to even be able to offer him a contract. Think you’d be talking minimum 2.5

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    7/2 anytime Bet 365
    28/1 to score 2 on Bet 365.

And a way overpriced 150/1 to score a hattrick on Paddy Power. For comparison he is 25/1 on William Hill to score a hattrick.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    28/1 to score 2 on Bet 365.

And a way overpriced 150/1 to score a hattrick on Paddy Power. For comparison he is 25/1 on William Hill to score a hattrick.
    Even at 13/5 anytime is a good price

Went a bit chilly in this thread 🥶.
    Hibs need to stop salivating at mediocrity, costing us a fortune,seems personally as well with the odds on anytime and hat tricks.
    Wake up hibees!
    Is he good? yes! undoubtedly has talent but let’s not get carried away eh.
    Last edited by tonyrougier123; 06-04-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: nervous_pee
    Hibs are just *****, it’s really simple actually,

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Maolida didn't deserve to be on the losing side today.

As for Marcndes, well you certainly couldn't say that about him. Massive disappointment.

He's class. Too good for this team.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Went a bit chilly in this thread .
    Hibs need to stop salivating at mediocrity, costing us a fortune,seems personally as well with the odds on anytime and hat tricks.
    Wake up hibees!
    Is he good? yes! undoubtedly has talent but let’s not get carried away eh.
    I'm at a loss to what you mean?

Maolida is a very very good player

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

He's our best player. Pity he won't be here next season.

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I'm at a loss to what you mean?

Maolida is a very very good player

I’d skip the very part until we have a player popping up in important games like today. Wasn't at the game seen nothing but have heard he was good again, that’s good but not very good as we lost and he didn’t score against one of the more poor teams in the league at home.
    I just don’t want us getting carried away here. Big players score in big games or have a blinder when you most need them,we didn’t get that today.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I’d skip the very part until we have a player popping up in important games like today. Wasn't at the game seen nothing but have heard he was good again, that’s good but not very good as we lost and he didn’t score against one of the more poor teams in the league at home.
    I just don’t want us getting carried away here. Big players score in big games or have a blinder when you most need them,we didn’t get that today.
    He's scored about what 1 in 2 since he arrived not for either

He's partly the reason we had our chances at top 6

It's a team sport and a very very good player can be in a mediocre team - doesn't make them any less of a very very good player

Wasn't at the game seen nothing.
    Why are you slavering so much ***** then?

We’ve got one of the best players in the league in Maolida. Kind of makes things more frustrating.

He set up our equaliser and was causing havoc down the left. Then Monty inexplicably switched things round and put Youan on the left and him through the middle and our dominance of the game wilted. He is a top class player.

He was the only player who looked like doing anything today.

It reminded me of what it was like a 2 or 3 years ago when you basically wanted to get the ball to Boyle in the hope he’s do something. Boyle was on the park but he’s not that player any more. We’d be a good few points worse off without Maolida.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He was the only player who looked like doing anything today.

It reminded me of what it was like a 2 or 3 years ago when you basically wanted to get the ball to Boyle in the hope he’s do something. Boyle was on the park but he’s not that player any more. We’d be a good few points worse off without Maolida.
    Mind we used to actually try and get the ball to Boyle? You know, one of our best players.

So many times today he'd either make a run and they'd dingy him or he'd be in so much space yet they wouldn't pass to him.

Majority of the time he got on the ball today he did something as well. Sick of Hibs just now.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Why are you slavering so much ***** then?

We’ve got one of the best players in the league in Maolida. Kind of makes things more frustrating.
    The slavers on here were the ones pricing him up for a hat trick or anytime goal scorer. We got beat,all these players perceived to be the best in league miles out of our reach,sick of hearing it bud! We got beat from st Johnstone at home yet again. We need to stop heralding players who are good is the point I’m making. He’s a good player by no means exceptional at this point,and yes he is one bright sparks in this side. But definitely not out of our league to sign permanently. Same was said of youan and now he’s slated on here at times and hes tee’d up Maolida for most of his goals.

I expect hibs to have a goal a game lively striker or am I expecting too much here? Folk have him going to other clubs before he’s done on loan ffs.🤷*♂️

Simon Murray has done as much as maolida since end of January will we sign him again? Be lucky to get him out of our range? Constant attitude on here!

If we aren’t able to win at home v st Johnstone with 11 players and five subs there’s no excuses and there certainly ain’t any players out of our league in the side.

The slavers on here were the ones pricing him up for a hat trick or anytime goal scorer. We got beat,all these players perceived to be the best in league miles out of our reach,sick of hearing it bud! We got beat from st Johnstone at home yet again. We need to stop heralding players who are good is the point I’m making. He’s a good player by no means exceptional at this point,and yes he is one bright sparks in this side. But definitely not out of our league to sign permanently. Same was said of youan and now he’s slated on here at times and hes tee’d up Maolida for most of his goals.

I expect hibs to have a goal a game lively striker or am I expecting too much here? Folk have him going to other clubs before he’s done on loan ffs.🤷*♂️

Simon Murray has done as much as maolida since end of January will we sign him again? Be lucky to get him out of our range? Constant attitude on here!

If we aren’t able to win at home v st Johnstone with 11 players and five subs there’s no excuses and there certainly ain’t any players out of our league in the side.
    That’s a lot of words but you’re still wrong. The fact remains we are very unlikely to be able to afford Maolida past the summer, and if we did manage to get him we’d have a very good player.

The fact we got beat in a game you didn’t see any of doesn’t change that.

Yes, asking for a striker to score in every game is asking too much. As it goes, Maolida had scored in his previous 4 without playing centre forward.

The Simon Murray comparison is as silly as most of your posts on this thread. How do you know what Maolida has done if you’re not watching games?

You can have a go at people discussing his odds to score (which are significantly overpriced with a few bookies). They’ve been doing it for the past month and collecting handsomely. He was always going to have a game where the run ended… as much as you expect otherwise from your goalscorers.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    That’s a lot of words but you’re still wrong. The fact remains we are very unlikely to be able to afford Maolida past the summer, and if we did manage to get him we’d have a very good player.

The fact we got beat in a game you didn’t see any of doesn’t change that.

Yes, asking for a striker to score in every game is asking too much. As it goes, Maolida had scored in his previous 4 without playing centre forward.

The Simon Murray comparison is as silly as most of your posts on this thread. How do you know what Maolida has done if you’re not watching games?

You can have a go at people discussing his odds to score (which are significantly overpriced with a few bookies). They’ve been doing it for the past month and collecting handsomely. He was always going to have a game where the run ended… as much as you expect otherwise from your goalscorers.
    Bookies been pricing him up wrong?🤔
    Must’ve missed the hat tricks he scored then.
    He’s a good player but I’ll stick to my original feelings that he’s exactly the type we should be signing not seen enough from him to suggest he's far too good for hibs in his time here. Clearly one of our better signings recently,but I’m not having he’s too good. And I’ll continue to slaver about it and be silly Awrite 😉

Bookies been pricing him up wrong?🤔
    He’s a good player but I’ll stick to my original feelings that he’s exactly the type we should be signing not seen enough from him to suggest he's far too good for hibs in his time here. Clearly one of our better signings recently,but I’m not having he’s too good. And I’ll continue to slaver about it and be silly Awrite 😉
    Yes. ‘A few bookies’ as in the ones that have him 3x as big as the others.

And you’re right. You’ve not seen enough of him.

He has been one of the few bright spots in recent weeks. On a previous thread I thought Marcondes was the better player but I've changed my mind on this.

Bookies been pricing him up wrong?��
    He’s a good player but I’ll stick to my original feelings that he’s exactly the type we should be signing not seen enough from him to suggest he's far too good for hibs in his time here. Clearly one of our better signings recently,but I’m not having he’s too good. And I’ll continue to slaver about it and be silly Awrite ��
    You don't really understand odds at bookies do you? Just because he didn't score a hattrick didn't mean he wasn't way overpriced to get one. Bookies have been pricing him wrong for weeks in relation to his goalscoring chances, and plenty of people have been taking advantage of that. You calling other people slavers is particularly ironic.

Not surprised to hear how difficult it will be to keep this guy at the club

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...ition-29036625

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Not surprised to hear how difficult it will be to keep this guy at the club

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...ition-29036625
    Hertha paid €4 million for him, not the €10 the article suggests. Other than that I think they're right

I’m amazed we got him in the first place. Possibly the only positive signing we’ve made recently. The only way a player like maolida stays is if you can offer European football and that isnt the case so he’ll be gone.

You'd have to imagine there will be various Championship teams who'll be after him now. They'll be able to buy him outright or pay a loan fee that we probably couldn't match, before you even get to wages.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at a Hull, Cardiff, Middlesbrough type team. Sad reality of our place in the food chain.

I think the chances were always slim to none we'd be able to keep him. He's on very high wages and no doubt Hertha will want someone next season to at least cover the bulk of them compared to what we likely are. If they can get any cash for him they'll see it as a bonus as well.

He's very good. Imagine he'd be brilliant in our league when fully up to speed. No chance of keeping him i'd have thought.