hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maolida

First Team Breakthrough

Maolida

Quite possibly the worst debut (or even performance actually) ive ever seen from a Hibs player. How he never got hooked at half time i’ll never know.

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's the spirit

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Very harsh imo.

Thought he was very quiet but so were all our attacking players, possibly apart from Youann who was lively enough.

I’ve seen lots of people say the same as the OP but I can’t remember him doing too much wrong. Even his chance was hit ok, was an outstanding save from Butland.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very harsh imo.

Thought he was very quiet but so were all our attacking players, possibly apart from Youann who was lively enough.

I’ve seen lots of people say the same as the OP but I can’t remember him doing too much wrong. Even his chance was hit ok, was an outstanding save from Butland.
    It’s only harsh because he’s just in the door. Anyone else and he’s have been slated. Missed a glorious chance and contributed nothing else the rest of the game. Couldn’t have gone much worse for him. Hopefully he can recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    Quite possibly the worst debut (or even performance actually) ive ever seen from a Hibs player. How he never got hooked at half time i’ll never know.
    Shocking post

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He can only get better, hopefully. Should have scored. Generally, was so far off the pace.

I don’t like criticising players on their debut but that was really poor.

Maybe sharpness and a big step up in opposition was why but dearie me, I genuinely think he kept the ball twice.

His touch, awareness and passing was poor.

He never gave the impression he was out to prove a point or trying to get rid of the lazy tag.

Also expected him to drop into pockets of space more than he did, he just kind of slowly jogged all over the place. No real pace or aggression shown.

Then obviously he missed a huge chance at a crucial time of the game, funnily enough that’s one I can sort of accept

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Poor debut but no worse than Vente. Weren't given much to play off but when they did get the ball neither was able to do much with it.

Tend to agree but willing to give the guy time to get upto speed with the Scottish game . Looked like he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing

Nothing came off for him and he should have scored. Hopefully more to come.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s only harsh because he’s just in the door. Anyone else and he’s have been slated. Missed a glorious chance and contributed nothing else the rest of the game. Couldn’t have gone much worse for him. Hopefully he can recover.

You say missed a glorious chance, I say Butland made a great save from him. I don’t think he did a hell of a lot wrong with that finish. Was a brilliant save.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Nothing came off for him and he should have scored. Hopefully more to come.
    I think we'll see more of that at least.

You say missed a glorious chance, I say Butland made a great save from him. I don’t think he did a hell of a lot wrong with that finish. Was a brilliant save.
    Looked a good save from where i was but a quality striker should bury that and not give the keeper a chance to even get near it.

Im not writing him off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I don’t like criticising players on their debut but that was really poor.

Maybe sharpness and a big step up in opposition was why but dearie me, I genuinely think he kept the ball twice.

His touch, awareness and passing was poor.

He never gave the impression he was out to prove a point or trying to get rid of the lazy tag.

Also expected him to drop into pockets of space more than he did, he just kind of slowly jogged all over the place. No real pace or aggression shown.

Then obviously he missed a huge chance at a crucial time of the game, funnily enough that’s one I can sort of accept
    He looked like he’d came from a pub league, a dominoes pub league. Absolutely woeful performance that you can’t sugar coat.

Didn’t look fit to me, also looked like he didn’t really know what he was doing or position he should be taking up.

@hibs.net private member
    🤣🤣🤣

It was a great save. A great save that he should not have been able to make because the striker makes sure.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He didn’t look match fit at all but that will come. He looked a bit lost tbh but probably to be expected thrown into a game like tonight straight away.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Jair was worse than him tonight and unbelievably got 96 minutes on the park.

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Well he can’t get much worse. Thats maybe a positive. We would have been better with Doidge or McKirdy up there than him.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

This completely rubbish last season to world beater this season is just a figment of peoples imaginations, he's improved this season but is not good enough to play for Hibs.
    Absolutely no way Jair was worse.

Myziane was the worst on the pitch by a distance

@hibs.net private member
    Looked absolutely burst after about 10 minutes. Never really did much barring missing an easy chance albeit a good save. I dare say you get that bringing in players that are miles off being match fit. Hard to believe he started as Marcondes looked far sharper, fitter and more eager to be involved. He also played much deeper so was getting in the way of The Rangers starting their attacks and bringing some movement to an area we have none. Amos looked ponder some and slow but it is a big step up from 6 months of U23 training. All in all no way of knowing if any of them will be effective or stay fit but they don't look much worse than what is playing and at least have the excuse of not being up to speed. There were a few tonight that should have been charged for a ticket for watching much of teh game.

Agree, don’t see what he brings at all? Def no output? A bit if hard work maybe but that’s it. No end product.

@hibs.net private member

Not even close. Levitt was immeasurably worse than him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Not even close. Levitt was immeasurably worse than him.
    Agree. That performance from Levitt is one of the worst I’ve seen in years.

Having read some of the stuff that has been said about Greg Docherty for having a bad game against Hearts, that was even worse from Levitt.

Don't think he was,Youan was beyond dreadful

First Team Breakthrough

Genuinely one of the worst shouts on here tonight. He wasn’t great tonight but by no means was he the worst. He’s been one of few bright performers recently

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Well he can’t get much worse. Thats maybe a positive. We would have been better with Doidge or McKirdy up there than him.

He looked like he'd won a competition to get on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

He looked like he'd won a competition to get on the pitch.
    It certainly wasn’t a competition that involved playing football. The post code lottery maybe?

He was miles off the pace.

Should have scored but missed chances happen. There were other things that I thought were worse, just the general lack of application and willingness to fight a bit in the first half. He’s a big laddie but he was just shrugged aside, including in the lead up to Cantwell’s goal.