hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Maolida

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Maolida won't ever be signing on a permanent contract with Hibs. Totally out of our price range. He's a very good player, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the OF or returns to the top flight in France.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    That’ll be that then.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He's impressed and I dunno if he'll be back, but I don't think it's impossible. It's not like the guy was a complete unknown we've uncovered and made everyone aware of. He's been moving around big teams for big money. It's not worked out for him.

I don't see many teams who'll be rushing out to get him on the back of a good 10 game spell (so far) in the SPL.

Maybe Rangers or Celtc see him as a good squad option, maybe. I'm not convinced any English Championship teams will be desperate to sign him on the back of a short term SPL run though. None were interested in van Veen.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    We could be an excellent spring board for him - the loan with an option to buy at the end of it with the backing of BK would excellent business.

I don't think it's as out of our reach as it seems.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's impressed and I dunno if he'll be back, but I don't think it's impossible. It's not like the guy was a complete unknown we've uncovered and made everyone aware of. He's been moving around big teams for big money. It's not worked out for him.

I don't see many teams who'll be rushing out to get him on the back of a good 10 game spell (so far) in the SPL.

Maybe Rangers or Celtc see him as a good squad option, maybe. I'm not convinced any English Championship teams will be desperate to sign him on the back of a short term SPL run though. None were interested in van Veen.
    I'd actually be very surprised if there wasn't a few teams in the English championship and even the Old firm for that matter looking at him , imo if I had a choice of Idah or Dressers over Maolida I'd pick Maolida.

Another factor if we had any chance of signing him( which I don't think we have ) is how much would getting him eat into our budget . Considering we have a big rebuilding job on our hands would signing him even though he is good be beneficial to us overall rather than signing two or three players ? .

Yeah but Van Veen was a 30 year old jobber who had a 1 in 5 record in League One/Two before a good spell at Motherwell.

Maolida's record ain't great but he's a 25 year old with 100 odd games in Ligue 1 before a spell here. Think he'll have some offers.

Until we get new manager it’s not worth worrying about which players we will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Yeah but Van Veen was a 30 year old jobber who had a 1 in 5 record in League One/Two before a good spell at Motherwell.

Maolida's record ain't great but he's a 25 year old with 100 odd games in Ligue 1 before a spell here. Think he'll have some offers.
    Worse than that re VV, he was a 32 year old jobber and in 5 weeks time he will be a 33 year old jobber who can't get a game for Killie.

The issue that sees us with no chance of getting Maolida is that he is probably be on £20-30k a week and still has a year left on his contract.
    As such he has £1-1.5 million quid waiting on him for next season so he isn't coming to Hibs to play for lets say £9k a week which is close to half a million quid a year which would be Hibs really pushing the boat out.

Equally Hertha will want to move him on in the summer for a couple of million to save paying him any more wages so he won't be here again on loan.
    His successful time at Hibs has made him a sellable asset again which was the reason Hertha allowed him to come here for 5 months on the cheap.

Great player at our level. Wish we had 2 of him because then he could have passed to his clone rather than clowns.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-04-2024 at 03:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Maolida won't ever be signing on a permanent contract with Hibs. Totally out of our price range. He's a very good player, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the OF or returns to the top flight in France.
    Oh well, we can always bring back McKirdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Oh well, we can always bring back McKirdy.
    28 years old Harry has only played 218 minutes for a team near the bottom of the English 4th tier scoring 1 goal.
    Fair to say he is still struggling. Big cash flushed down the toilet by Hibs ... and he is contracted for another season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    28 years old Harry has only played 218 minutes for a team near the bottom of the English 4th tier scoring 1 goal.
    Fair to say he is still struggling. Big cash flushed down the toilet by Hibs ... and he is contracted for another season.
    Wonder how much his condition has played in his health. Not really worked out for him at all.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Suppose could maybe get him on another loan.