hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Storm Isha

@hibs.net private member

Storm Isha

****ing double glazing but still couldn't sleep, up at 0400 and took dug for a walk, he looked at me and gave me the get to **** eyes. Thankfully my high fencing is still intact but not so good for my wee Sister as when walking the dog past her rear garden I noticed her 20 ft long and 10 ft high fence was turned into match sticks, she doesn't know yet 😳

On the positive front, my hair was fine because I have little to none and there are so far no trampolines in my back garden 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Seeing stories of some of the planes diverted yesterday. One took off from Manchester to Dublin tried to land at Belfast them Glasgow and eventually landed in Liverpool, 3 hours to fly Manchester to Liverpool.

Another was going Manchester to Dublin but had to land in Paris

Dublin-edin and Tenerife-edin flights had to land in cologne!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I had tickets to Edinburgh castle today and got an email to check for updates on whether it was open on a twitter account not used since 2021 and there is nothing on their web site . I have asked for my booking to be changed to tomorrow since ScotRail have given up and cancelled all trains.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had tickets to Edinburgh castle today and got an email to check for updates on whether it was open on a twitter account not used since 2021 and there is nothing on their web site . I have asked for my booking to be changed to tomorrow since ScotRail have given up and cancelled all trains.
    They update this regularly says they are checking it, I'd be very surprised if it was open today.

https://twitter.com/edinburghcastle

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Seeing stories of some of the planes diverted yesterday. One took off from Manchester to Dublin tried to land at Belfast them Glasgow and eventually landed in Liverpool, 3 hours to fly Manchester to Liverpool.

Another was going Manchester to Dublin but had to land in Paris
    Saw this one, hope at the very least its sunny when they eventually get there 😀

Nightmare Flight: After 60 Hours & 3 Diversions TUl Passengers Finally Make It To Madeira

Flight BY2536 departed Manchester Airport
    (MAN) at 08:48 on Friday morning en route to Madeira Funchal Airport (FNC). However, due to bad weather, the aircraft could not land in Madeira that day, diverting to Porto Santo Airport (PXO) overnight. The next day, the aircraft took off for Madeira, but poor weather would again foil attempts to land, so the flight diverted to Tenerife South Airport (TFS).

After sitting on the apron for around four hours, the flight again attempted to land at Madeira but was again unable to land. On this occasion, the aircraft was in the air for over three hours, repeatedly circling Madeira before returning to Tenerite overnight.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

They update this regularly says they are checking it, I'd be very surprised if it was open today.

https://twitter.com/edinburghcastle
    Maybe it's an Elon Musk thing as I don't have an account, but I can't see any updates on there either. Thanks for letting me know though

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A Glasgow to Bristol fight was diverted to land in Paris - of course, many passengers didn't have international travel documents, so couldn't leave the terminal overnight!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    At least they'll smell nice by the time they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Eau no!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Maybe it's an Elon Musk thing as I don't have an account, but I can't see any updates on there either. Thanks for letting me know though
    Don't listen to me they have just posted that they are opening, they are really good with changing tickets if you email though

Edinburgh Castle
    @edinburghcastle
    ·
    41m
    🏰We are open as normal today.

We're keeping an eye on the weather and reviewing it throughout the day, but do always check our feed for the latest updates before you travel

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Don't listen to me they have just posted that they are opening, they are really good with changing tickets if you email though

Edinburgh Castle
    @edinburghcastle
    ·
    41m
    🏰We are open as normal today.

We're keeping an eye on the weather and reviewing it throughout the day, but do always check our feed for the latest updates before you travel
    Cheers, got my ticket changed to tomorrow morning. Hopefully the trains are back on, they weather looks better in the morning before getting worse again in the evening.