hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ford Puma vignale arrived yesterday. Superb car with a great interior. Just having to get used to driving an automatic now.

A trick I was told when I first started driving automatics is to tuck your left leg bank under you towards the seat. It takes away the temptation to go for the clutch instinctively, and/or gives you thinking time to not try to press it

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Ford Puma vignale arrived yesterday. Superb car with a great interior. Just having to get used to driving an automatic now.
    When we first got an automatic, I found treating the wee ledge thing next to the pedals as a clutch was useful. I would have my foot hovering at it and if you involuntarily go for a clutch at any point, no biggie.

The thing I find difficult is that we have one automatic and one manual car and if you are using them interchangeably it can get a bit confusing. Even starting the car. The automatic requires you to press on the brake when starting the car and the manual requires you to press on the clutch. I was really close to phoning for the breakdown company to come out once as the manual apparently wasn't starting. Took me 5 minutes to realise my left foot was on the wee ledge thing rather than the clutch and that I was pressing the brake. It is worse driving the manual after driving the automatic. The amount of times I've forgotten to change gear is embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It won't take long. A few sudden stops are guaranteed to happen but you'll stop using your left foot very quickly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    When we first got an automatic, I found treating the wee ledge thing next to the pedals as a clutch was useful. I would have my foot hovering at it and if you involuntarily go for a clutch at any point, no biggie.

The thing I find difficult is that we have one automatic and one manual car and if you are using them interchangeably it can get a bit confusing. Even starting the car. The automatic requires you to press on the brake when starting the car and the manual requires you to press on the clutch. I was really close to phoning for the breakdown company to come out once as the manual apparently wasn't starting. Took me 5 minutes to realise my left foot was on the wee ledge thing rather than the clutch and that I was pressing the brake. It is worse driving the manual after driving the automatic. The amount of times I've forgotten to change gear is embarrassing.
    I'm in the same boat but one blood curdling scream from the manual engine and I'm back with the program!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

😂

Yeah, been out a couple of times today. Like you say it’s fine once I’ve got going. It’s the starting up the engine that doesn’t feel natural

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

We had an automatic ambulance when I first started working for the German Red Cross, guaranteed every morning I'd stall my manual shift car after a 24hr duty.