hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb Derby

Feb Derby

See it's been bumped by sky sports, instead they are showing Livi vs Well🤦*♂️ shocking

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Makes absolutely zero sense, but hey ho, at least Hibs will get to show it on PPV.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Makes absolutely zero sense, but hey ho, at least Hibs will get to show it on PPV.
    Sky presumably keeping their Tynecastle slots for the visits of the Old Firm which makes sense for their viewing figures. It’s the deal that the clubs took that is more of an issue, although I’ve quite enjoyed the lack of TV interference this season.

The last one wasn't exactly a feast of football for the neutral.

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts will. We won’t make anything from it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    See it's been bumped by sky sports, instead they are showing Livi vs Well🤦*♂️ shocking
    Good that they’re showing some of the non old firm games though eh?…

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Sky are a joke. That will be one derby they have shown in the last 5 league games. Glad i don't give them a penny.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Shocking the way they treat our derby, must be one of the few derbys in any league that is not shown on the tele

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    have never paid for SKY and never will. When I want to watch a game on TV I go to the local pub..nice boozer, well run, lots of TV's £2.75 for a pint of cider..far cheaper than paying for sky and helps keep a local business going.

Assuming we get top 6, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that derby not being on sky either, they’ll want to keep whatever OF games we have at home for broadcast

Although, at the rate they’re going, we might get both the derby and OF match as they’re not likely to manage the 5 matches at ER. Then again, they’ve actually shown less than the maximum number of matches they can in the last few seasons, so they’d probably just ignore the derby anyway

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Sky are a joke. That will be one derby they have shown in the last 5 league games. Glad i don't give them a penny.
    The clubs and SPFL are a joke.

The SPFL put out a tender in 2018 for 4 games at each ground. It was 6 games at each non-Old Firm ground previously.

The clubs have both limited their broadcaster and/or allowed their broadcaster to pick poor games/Old Firm games by limiting the quota.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Shocking the way they treat our derby, must be one of the few derbys in any league that is not shown on the tele
    And in the age of Old Firm visiting fan lock-outs, it’s now the biggest occasion and fixture in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    Sparing the viewers unnecessary pain if last week's game was anything to go by!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Hearts will. We won’t make anything from it.
    Can’t we stream away games via Hibs TV?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Means more people will buy a ticket and support the team on the day, fantastic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    The Hibs end would be sold out regardless

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Assuming we get top 6, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that derby not being on sky either, they’ll want to keep whatever OF games we have at home for broadcast

Although, at the rate they’re going, we might get both the derby and OF match as they’re not likely to manage the 5 matches at ER. Then again, they’ve actually shown less than the maximum number of matches they can in the last few seasons, so they’d probably just ignore the derby anyway
    They’ve still got 3 picks from ER and neither of the next two home games against the OF have been picked so I’d say it’s almost a certainty that the post split derby(assuming there is one) will be on sky. Strange as we’ll only be due 2 home games post split so if they don’t use up a game before then they’ll be a game short from ER

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    They’ve still got 3 picks from ER and neither of the next two home games against the OF have been picked so I’d say it’s almost a certainty that the post split derby(assuming there is one) will be on sky. Strange as we’ll only be due 2 home games post split so if they don’t use up a game before then they’ll be a game short from ER
    The next game against Celtc is on Sky

Hope it's a "Fab" Derby.

Geddit, geddit???? Crazy, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Would make absolutely no difference if it was on sky or not. Game will sellout regardless.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t we stream away games via Hibs TV?
    You can but you’ll pay Hearts for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post

Think the rangers game later this month is on sky, so coupled with last week and the Celtic game, that would leave 2 possible live matches from ER between now and the end of the season.

It is strange as you say, however I think sky have shown less matches than they’re entitled to in both of the last 2 seasons - all about rangers and Celtic

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Think the rangers game later this month is on sky, so coupled with last week and the Celtic game, that would leave 2 possible live matches from ER between now and the end of the season.

It is strange as you say, however I think sky have shown less matches than they’re entitled to in both of the last 2 seasons - all about rangers and Celtic
    The Rangers game isn’t on

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    christ is there another derby coming up that quick...

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    So it is. Must’ve missed that. So it’ll be that and both our home games in the top 6 if we get there then

In all honesty it's ridiculous.

I know the last game wasn't great but if its a choice between the Edinburgh Derby with a crowd of (not quite) 20k or Livy and Motherwell hoofing it round a plastic pitch in front of about 8 people...

On second thoughts, are we being a bit Old Firm about this? Just expecting our game to be shown because we and hearts are bigger clubs than livingston and well?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    In all honesty it's ridiculous.

I know the last game wasn't great but if its a choice between the Edinburgh Derby with a crowd of (not quite) 20k or Livy and Motherwell hoofing it round a plastic pitch in front of about 8 people...

On second thoughts, are we being a bit Old Firm about this? Just expecting our game to be shown because we and hearts are bigger clubs than livingston and well?
    That’s not what the choice is for them. The choice is between showing the derby or keeping their slots at Tynecastle free so they can show subsequent visits from Rangers and Celtic. They’ll be keeping it for them as they get more viewers, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That’s not what the choice is for them. The choice is between showing the derby or keeping their slots at Tynecastle free so they can show subsequent visits from Rangers and Celtic. They’ll be keeping it for them as they get more viewers, simple as that.
    Ah I see.

Their package exists so that the old firm fans can watch their team away.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

I’ve an alternative to watch it without giving the jambo bas***** anything, happy to help anyone out with doing the same