hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously we will at some point, but it’s hard to see us winning another derby again anytime soon.
    Don't ever take up counselling

2. Log in to remove the advert

The worst bit is, that Hertz team is industrial shades of meh.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    On the subject of the thread title, obviously it's a massive problem and it has been for as long as I can remember (I was born in 1982).

The Edinburgh derby stats are simply not normal for a derby between two roughly equally sized clubs in the same city. And we all know its not just this decade either. Its replicated over and over again. We can call them lucky, or jammy or spawny or whatever, but this is clearly about something more than just luck. Nor are Hearts some great powerhouse of a football club... they've won 3 trophies in 60 years ffs! That's one fewer than us in that time.

I don't know what the solution is, and there's absolutely hee-haw us as supporters can do about it, except vent like we are doing on this thread. Only the board, manager and players can fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby John View Post
    I wouldn't mind so much if Hearts were a great team that deserved to win, but they seem to beat us even when they are mediocre.

Fingers crossed that Shankland will be away soon.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    You can add Mixu and Brian Hamilton to that list. Having to think hard to recall a scored penalty
    Riordan at Tynecastle is all I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    On the subject of the thread title, obviously it's a massive problem and it has been for as long as I can remember (I was born in 1982).

The Edinburgh derby stats are simply not normal for a derby between two roughly equally sized clubs in the same city. And we all know its not just this decade either. Its replicated over and over again. We can call them lucky, or jammy or spawny or whatever, but this is clearly about something more than just luck. Nor are Hearts some great powerhouse of a football club... they've won 3 trophies in 60 years ffs! That's one fewer than us in that time.

I don't know what the solution is, and there's absolutely hee-haw us as supporters can do about it, except vent like we are doing on this thread. Only the board, manager and players can fix this.
    One thing skewing the stats is pre SPL and post SPL periods of dominance. Our record pre the 80s was very good for stretches but at a time you only played twice a season. If TTs had played them 4 x a year the stats would've been less in their favour. It wouldn't completely change things but you can bet the Tornadoes, for example, would've clocked up a fair few more wins than the league at that time permitted

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    You can add Mixu and Brian Hamilton to that list. Having to think hard to recall a scored penalty
    Think Kamberi scored at PBS at end of 17/18.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Think Kamberi scored at PBS at end of 17/18.
    Did Liam miller not score a pen V them?

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Obviously we will at some point, but it’s hard to see us winning another derby again anytime soon.
    That's the spirit!