hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar

Help re. old photos of Easter Rd.

Hi,

I've got an old black and white spool developed, it has about 24 black and white photos of the ground in the early 90s.
    Is there a way to put some of these on the site? If so how?
    PS keep it simple!
    Last edited by linlithgowhibbie; 21-12-2023 at 04:00 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    If you have access to a scanner you could scan them to a computer and then upload them that way, or take a picture with your phone and similarly upload them.

Am I allowed to post photos if I can manage that? Not too bright with technology, it is a luddite thing!

Picture of the old Shed and north end of old main stand with seats in front, early 90s I think. Not sure how to make bigger

old ER.jpg

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Picture of the old Shed and north end of old main stand with seats in front, early 90s I think. Not sure how to make bigger

old ER.jpg
    That's big enough. Keep them coming!

Old Easter Road.jpg

A view of the old TV gantry hanging from the old East roof looking over to the shed before seats put into the East. Also shows the old police control "Caravan/portocabin in the North

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

old ER.jpg
    bloody wonderful, remember that view.....can see why a wee upgrade was required though,,

Old Easter Road.jpg

A view of the old TV gantry hanging from the old East roof looking over to the shed before seats put into the East. Also shows the old police control "Caravan/portocabin in the North
    That's not a million miles away from where I had my season ticket after the seats went in (I was probably a handful of rows back and a few yards nearer the gantry.)

It actually feels quite emotional seeing that view again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That's not a million miles away from where I had my season ticket after the seats went in (I was probably a handful of rows back and a few yards nearer the gantry.)

It actually feels quite emotional seeing that view again.
    Glad you liked it, more to come when I get the time.

@hibs.net private member
    Glad you liked it, more to come when I get the time.
    Good work, Linlithgow 👍
    The good ol’ days (mibbes aye, mibbes naw!)

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Old Easter Road.jpg

Must have been standing roond about there when Celtic lobbed that CS gas canister in

Must have broke the World Record vaulting that 12’ fence in double quick time

Couldnae dae it nowadays nae chance

old ER.jpg
    Thanks for sharing these photos mate and that crush barrier on the bottom right of your photo is where my dad and his mates all stood when I first went to ER and I’d spend half the game trying to sneak through to the cow shed (cave) depending on who you ask

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar

old ER.jpg
    That's pretty much the exact spot my first memory of being in Easter Road is at, would have been around 84/85

Thanks for sharing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Must have been standing roond about there when Celtic lobbed that CS gas canister in

Same here, also for some reason I must have crowd surfed from top to the bottom when Souness was red carded

Couldn't do it nowadays as I would be facing multiple charges of manslaughter if I landed on top of anyone as it would result in them being flattened 🫣

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Same here, also for some reason I must have crowd surfed from top to the bottom when Souness was red carded

Couldn't do it nowadays as I would be facing multiple charges of manslaughter if I landed on top of anyone as it would result in them being flattened 🫣
    Yeah plenty of scenes and limbs in the old East other memorable moments Eddie May’s diving header versus Celtic 4-3 and the winner against Hearts in a 1-0 New Year win saw ma old boy disappear in a sea of green

Edit:

In fairness once I was pitch side after the CS gas incident I did help others get out the scenes were total carnage panic and confusion

Animals!
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 22-12-2023 at 09:14 AM.

Yeah plenty of scenes and limbs in the old East other memorable moments Eddie May’s diving header versus Celtic 4-3 and the winner against Hearts in a 1-0 New Year win saw ma old boy disappear in a sea of green

Edit:

In fairness once I was pitch side after the CS gas incident I did help others get out the scenes were total carnage panic and confusion

Animals!
    Think we forget how serious that incident was ( could have been a LOT worse). I remember the long line of ambulances on Albion Place. The minor incidents complained about nowadays pale into insignificance.

@hibs.net private member

Edit:

Animals!
    You might have helped me mate as I ended up on the pitch too, struggled to breathe and was blinded for a spell as my eyes were burning. I was helped into the changing rooms which were mobbed with kids screaming and medical teams trying to help them.

I was doused with what felt like gallons of cold water to rinse out my eyes and clothes were soaked, I think it was a cold night too. Radio Forth interviewed me but due to my expletives if they had tried to bleep it out it would have sounded like the morse code so I dont think it was broadcast 🫣

Wee bit hyperbole there Billy, the fence was only about 8ft max. We were so lucky there were no deaths that day from crushing/breathing problems.

Old main stand with original 6 sponsors boxes from the east, three each side of the tunnel. If I remember correcly they held about 8 people each although I cannot be sure of that.

Old Easter Road.jpg

Wee bit hyperbole there Billy, the fence was only about 8ft max. We were so lucky there were no deaths that day from crushing/breathing problems.
    Yip was a scary experience for everyone caught up in it

Took a few moments to appreciate what had actually happened as most folk had been concentrating on the match

As you say mad crush blind panic eyes streaming difficulty in breathing lots of youngsters caught up in the chaos ended up on the pitch and in some cases hospitalised

@hibs.net private member
    Old main stand with original 6 sponsors boxes from the east, three each side of the tunnel. If I remember correcly they held about 8 people each although I cannot be sure of that.

Old Easter Road.jpg
    I'd totally forgot about those. Keep the photos coming they are brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'd totally forgot about those. Keep the photos coming they are brilliant
    I remember Dougie Cromb the chairman at the time telling me that they were state of the art because they had an air vent in the roof that opened to let the crowd noise in!

Old main stand nearest Dunbar (Away) end with exit staircase for away fans.
    Old Dunbar end pre bench seats with fabulous view of Arthurs Seat.
    The East in full from the Dunbar terrace.
    hazy photo of approach to the old shed from outside the Albion Bar. Note how high the floodlights are. Does anyone know how high they actually were?
    Full length East from the bench seated shed.
    20231222_135535.jpg20231222_135626.jpg20231222_135434.jpg20231222_135513.jpg20231222_135647.jpg

Great photos, Lithgow. Fair takes you back. Some great times had, but what a dump!

old ER.jpg
    This is where me and my mates always congregated. Its where The Professional Critics stood.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Great photos, Lithgow. Fair takes you back. Some great times had, but what a dump!
    Just what I was thinking.

Great memories though!

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Old Easter Road.jpg

Yes, 8 max per box and great view!!

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Yes, 8 max per box and great view!!

Actually, no it was 6. There was 8 in once when a couple of drenched Hibbies were invited in

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    You might have helped me mate as I ended up on the pitch too, struggled to breathe and was blinded for a spell as my eyes were burning. I was helped into the changing rooms which were mobbed with kids screaming and medical teams trying to help them.

I was doused with what felt like gallons of cold water to rinse out my eyes and clothes were soaked, I think it was a cold night too. Radio Forth interviewed me but due to my expletives if they had tried to bleep it out it would have sounded like the morse code so I dont think it was broadcast 🫣
    Some great memories but your right that day was horrendous streaming eyes not breathing properly I left the ground I had enough will never forgive that mob for that day people could easily have been crushed and killed.

Old Easter Road.jpg

That's pretty much where I was for my first game (v Rangers in January '93 3-4 final score). My ST space was about 10-20 feet left of this shot. Happy days! Thanks for posting these.