hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

Thank you to all my fellow Hibs.netters and espcially the Admins

Since it's that Christmas time of the year, I thought I would post a thank you to everyone on here who contributes and keeps the place so vibrant. As an isolated hibby living in England, I have no local mates who really care about Scottish football or have much interest in my passon for Hibs. So being able to come on here, find out the latest gossip, and have healthy, interesting debate is a real life saver for me. Not only does it keep me in touch with Hibs, but also Leith and Edinburgh itself.

Special thanks to the Admins - you only have to look at a car crash like "Follow Follow" to see what happens when you have a football message board that isn't well moderated (not that I'm suggesting Hibs fans would ever stoop as low as they do) so a huge thanks for keeping Hibs net going.. keeping the peace and keeping it fun .

The team don't win every week and they never will, but I'll always be a Hibby and I know that goes the same for everyone on here -- Have a very happy Christmas and GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Very well said, and echoed here.

All the very best to you as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

My fellow nettere

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since it's that Christmas time of the year, I thought I would post a thank you to everyone on here who contributes and keeps the place so vibrant. As an isolated hibby living in England, I have no local mates who really care about Scottish football or have much interest in my passon for Hibs. So being able to come on here, find out the latest gossip, and have healthy, interesting debate is a real life saver for me. Not only does it keep me in touch with Hibs, but also Leith and Edinburgh itself.

Special thanks to the Admins - you only have to look at a car crash like "Follow Follow" to see what happens when you have a football message board that isn't well moderated (not that I'm suggesting Hibs fans would ever stoop as low as they do) so a huge thanks for keeping Hibs net going.. keeping the peace and keeping it fun .

The team don't win every week and they never will, but I'll always be a Hibby and I know that goes the same for everyone on here -- Have a very happy Christmas and GGTTH
    I went to my first Hibs game in 1963 but have lived down south for many years now and rarely get back to Edinburgh. The Net tells me everything I want to know about Hibs even if it does get a bit "combative" at times. Please keep posting and all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Hibby Christmas y’all!

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Crawler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    But seriously, I know what you mean. As a fellow exile (since 1987) Hibs.net is invaluable to me for keeping in touch and up to date.

Still trying to figure out if I’m a Clapper or a Wetter. Just want the best for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

Know exactly what you mean mate. In Belfast I'm ridiculed by friends and work colleagues for my football allegiance. When Hibs do well I have noone to chat to about it. They'll humour me for about 30 seconds and then move on to their favourite topics (Liverpool, Man Utd, Rangers and Celtic).

A very merry Christmas to you, the admins and everyone on hibs.net

Well said. Have a very happy Christmas too and an even better 27th December. 👍

We can't be doing with all this positivity on here.
    Seriously have a merry Xmas and a hibby new year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    We can't be doing with all this positivity on here.
    Seriously have a merry Xmas and a hibby new year.
    Exactly. Anyone who left Scotland and doesn't go to see Hibs live every home game is a tosser. Oh haud oan.....

100%

Thanks to everyone behind Hibs.net and to all you roasters on it! 😂

Great post. I’ve been in US 25 years and spend about an hour a day on here reading everyone’s thoughts and contributions

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Mon the Hibs.net.

Thanks and best wishes to all.

@hibs.net private member

Happy Christmas, everyone, and hope you all have a great 2024.
    Big thanks to everyone who gives up their time to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Crawler!

I know, I know. At the very least I should have called them "Admin Pricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    100%

Thanks to everyone behind Hibs.net and to all you roasters on it! 😂
    Happy to be categorized as a 100% happy clapping roaster

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Good post, mate. Agreed
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Said it before my first season ticket was year hibs got
    Relegated 98 and it actually made me fall in love with the club more than anything else.. seeing my uncle and grown men cry about it happening I saw first hand what hibs meant.. i was 10 at the time.. I think the success of second relegation winning games promotion the cup win has heightened everyone’s expectations especially younger lot, social media does not help and it brings out absolute idiots 🤣

First Team Breakthrough
    But yeah thanks to decent hibs fans but too many just using these platforms to cause trouble.. as you say not soo much on here you’ll get bad stuff. But over the top reactions you will

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    But yeah thanks to decent hibs fans but too many just using these platforms to cause trouble.. as you say not soo much on here you’ll get bad stuff. But over the top reactions you will
    Sometimes people need to let off steam, perhaps that's better done on an online forum instead of brow beating friends and family and anyway the admins always keep it sensible. It would be wonderful if we all kept it positive and in perspective all the time..but we are all human and none of us is perfect so let's forgive each other the odd rant. GgTTH
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 21-12-2023 at 07:33 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    Did Yoda hack your computer?

I've been browsing .net for years and decided to sign up this week. One of the things I like about it is the administration, the lack of personal attacks and the kind of stuff you see on other fans forums (I'm looking at you BoakBack, the angriest, most arrogant football forum in existence). Anyway, this year I was diagnosed with M.E, and whilst it's not a tragedy, it has curtailed my going out and about as much or to games at ER, so this is a great place to discuss all things Hibs for the likes of myself. Have a great Xmas and a lovely New Year!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Happy Christmas to you all.This is like groundhog day for me as my wife is Danish and I've got to do it all over again.The kids are Happy though not too sure my head is😩

@hibs.net private member
    Merry Christmas to one and all!

Hibby xmas to all wherever you are in the world.Things are on the up for this great club.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Merry Christmas everyone, have a wonderful day.

148 years ago, on the Meadows, a bunch of blokes were getting ready to mess about with a football...

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone, have a wonderful day.

148 years ago, on the Meadows, a bunch of blokes were getting ready to mess about with a football...
    yeh got the book looking forward to reading it ( hope it’s not too depressing 😂).

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Hi, can anyone on the admin team looking in can you look into my private board membership please, since I have paid on 16th Feb through PayPal but I've been logged out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by s2hart View Post
    Hi, can anyone on the admin team looking in can you look into my private board membership please, since I have paid on 16th Feb through PayPal but I've been logged out.
    That should be you sorted now. Thank you

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    That should be you sorted now. Thank you
    Nice one, thank you very much.