hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIFFER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The recommendations point the ref to angles they may not have seen live but quite a few refs have stuck with their original decisions this season. I suspect you're right though, Clancy is a very experienced ref and Snedden is new to this level, so he will listen to his "advice."
    Post 3

The corks oot!
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 20-12-2023 at 09:59 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    3 posts in near 18 years and 2 of them have been tonight.

Welcome back Sniffer
    Thanks, I've been busy. 😁

That's 3 tonight! 🎉

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    I knew Iain at school and another ref who officiates in the Championship just now.

In fairness to them I remember asking the other guy (not Iain) what they would do if they refereed a game featuring their rivals and they said that allegiances don't even come into their head - they're getting paid serious money if they can make it to SPL games, are being observed every game and are being watched by cameras and thousands of people - why would they risk all that just to screw over a rival?

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    I knew Iain at school and another ref who officiates in the Championship just now.

In fairness to them I remember asking the other guy (not Iain) what they would do if they refereed a game featuring their rivals and they said that allegiances don't even come into their head - they're getting paid serious money if they can make it to SPL games, are being observed every game and are being watched by cameras and thousands of people - why would they risk all that just to screw over a rival?

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

it the fouls the get away with that irritates me, the meaningless ones that breaks up the play and there is no real come back on them but they know what they are doing

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SNIFFER View Post
    The recommendations point the ref to angles they may not have seen live but quite a few refs have stuck with their original decisions this season. I suspect you're right though, Clancy is a very experienced ref and Snedden is new to this level, so he will listen to his "advice."
    I’m another who played cricket with Iain Snedden for many years and one thing he doesn’t lack is self confidence so I’m not unduly worried about him being influenced by the VAR official.

i also think he’ll be even handed and I’ve seen him ref in the Juniors and was quite impressed with him. He seemed to be calm and not afraid to interact with the players.

That’s me made myself a hostage to fortune anyway.Don’t let me down ya Jambo….

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    It would be very easy to find refs for their games if there was a properly run referees body instead of the current mess that we have.
    Absolutely correct however ....