hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    How long is the ticket portal open for the 2nd batch in the lottery?

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How long is the ticket portal open for the 2nd batch in the lottery?

Til the 12th. Find out end of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Til the 12th. Find out end of January.

Cheers 👍

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    We’re flying Manchester-Munich on the morning of the 14th. Two night stay, back to Manchester the 16th. 500 quid for flights and hotel. Manchester and Birmingham flights to Munich a lot cheaper than Scottish airports.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Confirmed kick off times apparently

That's a lot of drinking time before all of the Scotland games, good luck to anyone who is on the German beer then going to each of the matches!

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    No reason why we can't get out that group tbh

There will be HUGE pressure on Germany in that opener
    It's a good draw with a Pot A side. Germany have been poor since they won the world cup. If they weren't hosts their recent form would not have them a Pot A side.

They won't have played a competitive match in 2 years by the time we face them and the pressure is on them. Years ago that never mattered but they just don't have the same quality of player right now. It's still a big ask but we can get something from it.

I think it’s an almost perfect draw for us.

Germany are arguable the weakest pot a team and having them in tournament opener will be brilliant. I can see us getting a draw from it.

Hungary and Switzerland are 50:50 type games so every chance of qualifying given 16 of 24 teams get through.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Difficult group. I’d always want to avoid the hosts. Hungary on an unbelievable run the last few years and Switzerland are just a solid well drilled team. Saying that, we’re winning the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I think it’s an almost perfect draw for us.

Germany are arguable the weakest pot a team and having them in tournament opener will be brilliant. I can see us getting a draw from it.

Hungary and Switzerland are 50:50 type games so every chance of qualifying given 16 of 24 teams get through.
    No sure about that. I think it could have been a lot worse, but no near perfect.

Pot 1 team are always likely to beat us. Agree Germany nothing special but playing them as hosts, in the opening game makes it harder.

Hungary is a decent draw from that Pot. Won their group, but it was a poor group.a

Switzerland not a good draw from Pot 4. Experienced and done well in tournaments and they’ll have a lot of support there as well.

We can certainly compete but nowhere near perfect IMO.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    When we played Germany in Dortmund a few years ago, I sold the ticket I had for the away end, as my brother wasn't then a member of the SSC and got us 2 tickets for the home end. Fantastic stadium and was made very welcome by the German fans and had a great time, although when Neil McCann scored to get us to 2-1 down I had to apologise for going a bit nuts!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    No sure about that. I think it could have been a lot worse, but no near perfect.

Pot 1 team are always likely to beat us. Agree Germany nothing special but playing them as hosts, in the opening game makes it harder.

Hungary is a decent draw from that Pot. Won their group, but it was a poor group.a

Switzerland not a good draw from Pot 4. Experienced and done well in tournaments and they’ll have a lot of support there as well.

We can certainly compete but nowhere near perfect IMO.
    In Pot 1 IMHO weakest team, Pot 2 we could have got Denmark or Turkey. Hungary will be tough but nothing more. Pot 4 could have been Italy. Granted if we have got a play off team then maybe but we could have got Czech (on a par with the Swiss). Germans pressure on first game, usually a cagey game.

So maybe Germany, Albania and play off C as absolutely perfection but what are then odds? We had a tougher qualifying group that this draw.

We've got as much chance as getting 9/9 as 0/9.

There's no gimmes, but similarly, no walkover game.

See what happens.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    The best thing is we're going abroad to a country that loves football. This'll be my 4th tournament and only my 2nd outside the UK: WC98, Euro96, Euro20, and the next Euros are here as well! Wish I'd gone to Sweden 92. My pals have some fantastic memories of that tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    In Pot 1 IMHO weakest team, Pot 2 we could have got Denmark or Turkey. Hungary will be tough but nothing more. Pot 4 could have been Italy. Granted if we have got a play off team then maybe but we could have got Czech (on a par with the Swiss). Germans pressure on first game, usually a cagey game.

So maybe Germany, Albania and play off C as absolutely perfection but what are then odds? We had a tougher qualifying group that this draw.
    As I say, I think it could have been a hell of a lot worse but still don’t think near perfect, and definitely not easier than the qualifying group.

Switzerland have been to the knockout stages of multiple tournaments on the bounce. Good to avoid Italy in pot 4 but they were next worse, Crap draw from that pot when you see what you could have had.

Don’t think it’s too dissimilar to the draw in 2020. Hungary is the one we really need to look to win.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    As I say, I think it could have been a hell of a lot worse but still don’t think near perfect, and definitely not easier than the qualifying group.

Switzerland have been to the knockout stages of multiple tournaments on the bounce. Good to avoid Italy in pot 4 but they were next worse, Crap draw from that pot when you see what you could have had.

Don’t think it’s too dissimilar to the draw in 2020. Hungary is the one we really need to look to win.
    Think you may have this the wrong way around.
    Hungary were probably the best pot 2 side, won their group and beat England 4-0 away last year in the Nations League. They’ve been on an upward trajectory since the last euros where they held their own in the group of death.
    Switzerland on the other hand looked poor at the WC last year and won just 2 of their last 8 qualifiers - both against Andorra. If we’re going to qualify then we’ll need to beat Switzerland and see what we can do in the other two games

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    The best thing is we're going abroad to a country that loves football. This'll be my 4th tournament and only my 2nd outside the UK: WC98, Euro96, Euro20, and the next Euros are here as well! Wish I'd gone to Sweden 92. My pals have some fantastic memories of that tournament!

This will be my first one, buzzing for it.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This will be my first one, buzzing for it.
    Same.

I’ve got Spain Italy in the lottery too.

@hibs.net private member
    Notice Germany are putting on thousands of night trains. I'll need it after the Stuttgart game, Koln is just a quick hop from Dusseldorf for the second game. Missing the first game but delighted I'll be there for two, especially as my mates were saying we were off our heads booking in June after the Georgia game

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Notice Germany are putting on thousands of night trains. I'll need it after the Stuttgart game, Koln is just a quick hop from Dusseldorf for the second game. Missing the first game but delighted I'll be there for two, especially as my mates were saying we were off our heads booking in June after the Georgia game
    Yeah same here regarding getting back to Düsseldorf after Stuttgart. Good 4 hours so will be an interesting journey back

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if we beat Germany in the tournament opener then lost the next two and went out.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Think you may have this the wrong way around.
    Hungary were probably the best pot 2 side, won their group and beat England 4-0 away last year in the Nations League. They’ve been on an upward trajectory since the last euros where they held their own in the group of death.
    Switzerland on the other hand looked poor at the WC last year and won just 2 of their last 8 qualifiers - both against Andorra. If we’re going to qualify then we’ll need to beat Switzerland and see what we can do in the other two games
    You could also saySwitzerland got to the last 16 of the last World Cup and only lost once in the qualifiers. It’s definitely not the best of draws from that pot. Overall I think the draw could have been a lot worse and the Hungary and Switzerland games are definitely winnable.

We have decided just to stay in Frankfurt for the Germany game. Sure the atmosphere will be jumping.

On the off chance we get tickets in the new lottery the plan is to fly down (we don't arrive in Frankfurt until 3 and that's too tight for trains) and then night train it back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We have decided just to stay in Frankfurt for the Germany game. Sure the atmosphere will be jumping.

On the off chance we get tickets in the new lottery the plan is to fly down (we don't arrive in Frankfurt until 3 and that's too tight for trains) and then night train it back.
    It'll be amazing in all the cities each night, genuinely can't wait to just watch random games . I was reading each city has 3 fan parks each. The smallest is 40k the biggest is 80k, all with multiple big screens and stages with live music ect. Says they are free and non ticketed too

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It'll be amazing in all the cities each night, genuinely can't wait to just watch random games . I was reading each city has 3 fan parks each. The smallest is 40k the biggest is 80k, all with multiple big screens and stages with live music ect. Says they are free and non ticketed too
    Yep looking forward to that. Will be a great experience with loads of fans from all over imo.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

We are in Frankfurt have only got tickets for one of the games in Dortmund but will just enjoy. Not sure about the Denmark England game could be a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    We are in Frankfurt have only got tickets for one of the games in Dortmund but will just enjoy. Not sure about the Denmark England game could be a challenge
    Thankfully we are leaving Frankfurt on the Wednesday so will be shipping out just as they arrive (I'm certain the vast majority of England fans will be brand new but there will be that visible minority). Got tickets for Belgium v Slovakia on the Monday in Frankfurt.

I've only been to Germany twice before but both times I have absolutely loved it. Great people, great beer and great football. It's almost impossible not to have a good time there.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 03-12-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Was someone watching something they shouldn’t have been, there was some strange moaning sounds lol
    Aye!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67606049
    Last edited by BS44; 03-12-2023 at 10:51 AM.

Germany 2006 was incredible.

The beer gardens and big screens were brilliant.

The stadium in Munich is probably one of the best I’ve ever been to.

Even the transport was really simple using underground to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Germany 2006 was incredible.

The beer gardens and big screens were brilliant.

The stadium in Munich is probably one of the best I’ve ever been to.

Even the transport was really simple using underground to the games.
    Was it proper German beer or is there some sponsorship deal with Budweiser or something for the fanzones?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Was it proper German beer or is there some sponsorship deal with Budweiser or something for the fanzones?
    It's Bitburger next year👌

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/news/0285-18f402c937f2-9f8f466cd58b-1000--bitburger-becomes-official-national-partner-of-uefa-euro/