hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Boardroom and share shenanigans.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/an-update-to-the-hibs-board

This could be interesting from an investment point of view. I wonder if it’s done.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Begbie on the board? This might get good.......

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/an-update-to-the-hibs-board

This could be interesting from an investment point of view. I wonder if it’s done.
    Both local guys who support Hibs are they not?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Begbie on the board? This might get good.......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Yes

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    At least one posts on here.

Robert Begbie is an extremely intelligent and commercial guy. Good addition.

@hibs.net private member

How?
    Just another appointment by the sounds of it.
    Am I missing somthing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    How?
    Am I missing somthing ?
    He is referring to the final paragraph. Which leads me further to think we will be seeing a new share issue in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    How?
    Am I missing somthing ?
    If someone had just secured a 20% or whatever shareholding in the club you would assume he would want to have one of his own on the board. Has he invested or is he not now doing it? Is there another but if investment incoming?
    Reporting a share discrepancy to companies house with a correction. What was it and how did it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He is referring to the final paragraph. Which leads me further to think we will be seeing a new share issue in the future.
    Eh? It is just referring to previous mistakes. It isn’t live yet to see what those might be but doesn’t suggest anything about new shares.

If someone had just secured a 20% or whatever shareholding in the club you would assume he would want to have one of his own on the board. Has he invested or is he not now doing it? Is there another but if investment incoming?
    Reporting a share discrepancy to companies house with a correction. What was it and how did it happen?
    We were two NEDs down, these are replacements. Future appointments can still happen.

Coaching Staff
    Oh oh, are you suggesting that the big bucks are no longer incoming?

Left by mutual consent!
    Aren't they just replacing who's left? I doubt these two guys will have any impact on the proposed investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Aren't they just replacing who's left? I doubt these two guys will have any impact on the proposed investment.
    Wasn’t really suggesting that. I was suggesting that the investment hasn’t taken place yet or Foley would have his man/woman in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Oh oh, are you suggesting that the big bucks are no longer incoming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Wasn’t really suggesting that. I was suggesting that the investment hasn’t taken place yet or Foley would surely have his man/woman in.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Wasn’t really suggesting that. I was suggesting that the investment hasn’t taken place yet or Foley would have his man/woman in.
    Ah! So by done you meant not happening, sorry. Misunderstood you.

Wasn’t really suggesting that. I was suggesting that the investment hasn’t taken place yet or Foley would surely have his man/woman in.
    Not expected to be done until January.

Coaching Staff
    OK, whew 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Eh? It is just referring to previous mistakes. It isn’t live yet to see what those might be but doesn’t suggest anything about new shares.
    It’s my opinion the clean up is a precursor to a new share issue.

Not expected to be done until January.
    I would have thought,not being an expert of course, that publicising any increase in share buy/investment if it is ,a sizeable amount would only play into the hands of other clubs/agents of players we might be interested in or approach .
    Thats common sense i suppose
    Dont show your hand

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I would have thought,not being an expert of course, that publicising any increase in share buy/investment if it is ,a sizeable amount would only play into the hands of other clubs/agents of players we might be interested in or approach .
    Thats common sense i suppose
    Dont show your hand
    Hibs would have to report this to Companies House so it couldn't go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    I see
    Maybe wait till after Jan window to bring other investors/investment on board
    Is that a good idea to do that ?
    Could be Monty has already identified players he wants and its just a waiting game.
    Interesting time these windows
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 28-11-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I see
    Maybe wait till after Jan window to bring other investors/investment on board
    Is that a good idea to do that ?
    Could be Monty has already identified players he wants and its just a waiting game.
    Interesting time these windows
    Good idea to wait? I wouldn't and I doubt Hibs would either if there were significant funds to strengthen in January. Most clubs don't get fleeced just because they have funds it's the ones with daft owners like at Man U who don't know how to spend it. Foley comes with a network already in place so the Jan transfers would most likely come from those clubs anyway.

All IMO btw.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    Not quite. Companies House filings are required for all companies for things like your accounts, confirmation statements and copies of special resolutions.

For investment there are a couple of scenarios. One would be us issuing new shares. Shareholders would hear about that proposal in advance and would vote on it by special resolution. The resolution would then be filed.

If existing shares were being sold to new shareholders in theory you wouldn’t clock that at companies house until the confirmation statement was due for the period the transaction took place. Of course Hibs would publicise it well before then.

Hibs have talked about a regular audit finding some issues. As I understand it the previous finance / company secretary team left things in a bit of a shambles so it could just be mistakes on the register that are now being sorted.

If you were to be cynical, it could have been spotted by investors doing their due diligence or spotted internally while preparing that info.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Not quite. Companies House filings are required for all companies for things like your accounts, confirmation statements and copies of special resolutions.

For investment there are a couple of scenarios. One would be us issuing new shares. Shareholders would hear about that proposal in advance and would vote on it by special resolution. The resolution would then be filed.

If existing shares were being sold to new shareholders in theory you wouldn’t clock that at companies house until the confirmation statement was due for the period the transaction took place. Of course Hibs would publicise it well before then.

Hibs have talked about a regular audit finding some issues. As I understand it the previous finance / company secretary team left things in a bit of a shambles so it could just be mistakes on the register that are now being sorted.

If you were to be cynical, it could have been spotted by investors doing their due diligence or spotted internally while preparing that info.
    Looking at your last paragraph, if it was that, why would they need to appoint two new people to the board for that?

Couldn’t they just fix the administrative error?

Appreciate that’s probably a stupid question but I don’t know how these things work.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC

That’s exactly what I thought when I read it. Must be a cynic.

I read the first word as “bedroom” and was intrigued/concerned about what thread I was opening.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70
    Looking at your last paragraph, if it was that, why would they need to appoint two new people to the board for that?

Appreciate that’s probably a stupid question but I don’t know how these things work.
    The two things are unrelated. Hibs just chose to announce them both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Two different things.

They are appointing two Directors to replace the ones who are no longer there and then we are filing a replacement confirmation statement because there appears to have been some errors in the ones previously filed. These are things you file each year detailing amongst other things your share capital and transactions that have happened during the year.

It is a little unusual to mess that up but not unheard of!