hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think this would cause more issues than it would solve. Team gets a player in sin bin, cue 2/3 players feigning injury at intervals to eat up the 10mins they’re down a man. I don’t think this would add to the spectator experience at all, and after the disaster of introducing VAR, this is the last thing we need.

Sin bin is probably more workable in rugby for example as the clock is only live when the ball is in play.

For truly cynical fouls where there is clearly no intention to play the ball, these should be straight reds.
    That's actually a really good point - guaranteed there would be players down injured and that could easily eat up most of the time this orange card is live.

I'm also not clear what happens once the player comes back - are they able to get orange carded again? Does the orange card also mean they are yellow carded and will be sent off for another orange/yellow card offence?

It's a weird one for me in that on paper, I'm supportive of this. But I look at how inconsistently the current rules are being applied and it just feels like another subjective issue that will create massive controversy.

I'd much rather they focused on tightening the current rules, improve the performance of refs and improving the use of VAR.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Think this would cause more issues than it would solve. Team gets a player in sin bin, cue 2/3 players feigning injury at intervals to eat up the 10mins they’re down a man. I don’t think this would add to the spectator experience at all, and after the disaster of introducing VAR, this is the last thing we need.

Sin bin is probably more workable in rugby for example as the clock is only live when the ball is in play.

For truly cynical fouls where there is clearly no intention to play the ball, these should be straight reds.
    I'd change that too. Stop the clock for injuries and have countdowns for any set pieces

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'd rather cynical fouls are reds. Rocky's challenge on Saturday should be a red for me. He basically halved the Dundee player and that should be more than a sin bin. It would be painful at first but I would argue jersey pulls and trips when a player has ran past you should be a red. Like rugby every rule change should be about getting more game play and more excitement and any rule that disadvantages teh anti football teams would be a good thing.
    First and foremost consistency needs sorted but for me the blocking thing needs urgently addressed too. Whatever happened to obstruction?
    Our beautiful game is in danger of turning in to American football.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Works perfectly well in rugby, losing a player for 10-15 mins can have a major impact. How many times have we seen guys red carded and it wasn’t merited, reds should only be given for serious foul play.
    I think the vast majority of red cards these days are merited. VAR has done a great job of spotting more red card fouls that happen fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Should be used for all yellow card offences end of.
    "10 minutes to go in this exciting Hibs v Rangers contest with Hibs still leading 1.0 - shock, horror, in quick succession, Hibs receive three yellow cards for dissent, being ugly and wearing the wrong type of sock support. Ah well, Hibs to play out the final 10 minutes plus stoppage time (10 minutes added for 'sin binning') with 8 men"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not sure about that, but certainly for cynical fouls (that don't warrant a red), dissent and play acting.
    Re name it the Todd Cantwell card?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    "10 minutes to go in this exciting Hibs v Rangers contest with Hibs still leading 1.0 - shock, horror, in quick succession, Hibs receive three yellow cards for dissent, being ugly and wearing the wrong type of sock support. Ah well, Hibs to play out the final 10 minutes plus stoppage time (10 minutes added for 'sin binning') with 8 men"
    As they ambulance crew carry off the hibs player Todd Cantwell trudges off for his ten minute sin bin

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    Re name it the Todd Cantwell card?
    Cal it the “Hunne red card”, they will probably never get another one if this comes into play. 50 years without a sending off or a penalty awarded against them is the future.

They should be looking for ways to take AWAY powers from our bigoted, prejudiced and incompetent refs and VAR officials, not giving them more. Applied anywhere other than Scotland, probably a good idea. Giving even more subjective powers to our refs and VAR will just further frustrate everyone other than OF fans.

Foreign refs and overseas VAR until eventually AI takes over all decisions would transform the game here.