hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cantwell dive

Cantwell dive

A lot has been said about the rangers penalty, however the biggest issue from that game is yet another ridiculous dive from cantwell.

It's as blatant as could be and rightly being called out by some social media as deserving of a ban. Vargas of hearts also being highlighted.

What's the spfl track record for this? Is it possible to issue a retrospective ban for blatant cheating by diving? The lad cantwell has even gone beyond his own deplorable standards on this one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot has been said about the rangers penalty, however the biggest issue from that game is yet another ridiculous dive from cantwell.

It's as blatant as could be and rightly being called out by some social media as deserving of a ban. Vargas of hearts also being highlighted.

What's the spfl track record for this? Is it possible to issue a retrospective ban for blatant cheating by diving? The lad cantwell has even gone beyond his own deplorable standards on this one.
    Imo dives as obvious as these should be retrospective red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Imo dives as obvious as these should be retrospective red cards.
    Agreed

Should be renamed Cantdive Well 🤣

First Team Breakthrough Fratelli's Avatar
    Cowardice and absolute dereliction of duty by Brother Walsh in not booking him.

Easy and non-controversial decision to make but even blatant indiscretions are over-looked - we really are playing to a different set of rules than The Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Rarely have a player and a club been so well matched.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    It's absolutely disgusting. He makes sure by flailing both his right and left legs to ensure contact to try and cheat. Was anything said about this on the sportscene highlights or in main Scottish media? I remember how porteous was slated when involved in a tussle with a dons player in the box and called an outright cheat, surely this was highlighted, if that was Boyle it sure as hell would have been!

Of all the sevco bias, this cheating rat is the one that makes me so angry, he's supposed to be a role model ffs.

I think it's one of the worst dives I've seen in football , definitely should have been booked for it too .

Needed 2 goals so Cantwell tries to win 2 penalties at once by manufacturing contact with 2 defenders. 😀

Coaching Staff
    I mentioned Cantwell a couple of months ago, think I even started a main thread, and said refs and clubs will need to repeatedly call him out. Didn’t see any real coverage of this on Sportscene or the Scottish football media which says it all. He does this every single game and shamefully it doesn’t get called out at all. He’s a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I mentioned Cantwell a couple of months ago, think I even started a main thread, and said refs and clubs will need to repeatedly call him out. Didn’t see any real coverage of this on Sportscene or the Scottish football media which says it all. He does this every single game and shamefully it doesn’t get called out at all. He’s a cheat.
    Being controversial here , he's probably there best player imo though I totally agree he has tried to win fouls and penalties since he's signed at Ibrox though why wouldn't he not ? , when he or Sevco have nothing to lose with referees like walsh , Beaton etc etc ! .

He is a cheat , there's doubt about it though worse thing for me he's really trying to endear himself to the *** fans , thought the water carry on with hatate summed his character up pretty well tbh .

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Listened to the half time chat on Sunday on sportsound both Miller and Gordon clearly calling him out as a cheat for the ludicrous dive. Gordon was particularly scathing while also recognising his team had Duc whose balance is also questionable. Walsh should be hammered for doing nothing.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Listened to the half time chat on Sunday on sportsound both Miller and Gordon clearly calling him out as a cheat for the ludicrous dive. Gordon was particularly scathing while also recognising his team had Duc whose balance is also questionable. Walsh should be hammered for doing nothing.
    In any other league, Walsh would be demoted for at least one round of fixtures.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    This is just as bad. Fans of these teams have a cheek to moan about Boyle.

https://x.com/stjohnstonefans/status...wSUdEBTbKsgiuQ

Cantwell dive

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

That, like Cantwell is blatant cheating. Should be 2 game ban for that.

Don’t watch Sportscene or listen to Sportsound but did they analysis both these incidents to death like they did with Martin
    Last edited by Aldo; 28-11-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I think it's one of the worst dives I've seen in football , definitely should have been booked for it too .
    It reminds me of the Darren Jackson penalty at ER against Rangers back in the day. A certain Gerry McNee was the commentator, I think we won 2-1

@hibs.net private member
    Should a red card not be the appropriate punishment for trying to create a goal scoring opportunity through cheating. A clear dive in the box should be red

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Should a red card not be the appropriate punishment for trying to create a goal scoring opportunity through cheating. A clear dive in the box should be red
    Boyle would be missing more games than he played!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

https://twitter.com/Zeshankenzo/stat...SshMQWZgg&s=19

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Things have improved in Scottish football .

Rangers used to get penalties for that. Remember a cheating little skunk they had back in the 70’s called John McDonald who would race into the penalty box and throw himself to the ground and get a penalty more often than not.

Eric Schaedler had a his coupon marked . In a Hibs programme he described John McDonald as his favourite actress

Cue protest from the original Rangers F C.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

If it had been Boyle who made one of those dives, the Sportscene pundits would have been all over it like a rash.

@hibs.net private member
    This is probably the biggest issue I have with the modern game, at all levels tbh. The complete lack of honesty in these so called professionals is disgusting. Blatant diving should be an immediate red card and with VAR we can and should be able to do this during a game and not just retrospectively. It won’t happen though as it’s become accepted as “just part of the game”.

@hibs.net private member

Jesus that's maybe even worse. As bad as dive as you'll ever see. Agree with others that a yellow is nowhere near enough. 2 game ban when it's something as blatant as that.

Goes beyond the initial dive to actually call out the feigning of injury afterwards. See Cairney of Fulham last night defending his penalty decision on the basis he was moving at pace and it doesn't take much to knock someone off balance - that may be on any individual decision, but there's no way on earth than incident required him to react the way he did. They'd have little genuine defence if having to face up to their own actions, else they would be quite happy to have a reputation of shamelessness.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Boyle would be missing more games than he played!!
    If it was an obvious dive with no contact then I would have no issue with that. Boyle doesn't dive that often. He does go down when touched and that is slightly different imo

That's the worst dive I think I've ever seen. Thought the Hertz one was bad, but that's ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Loved the way the Saints players reacted to the cheat. Should be banned. Did he even get booked?

@hibs.net private member
    Loved the way the Saints players reacted to the cheat. Should be banned. Did he even get booked?
    Wow first time I have seen that, ****ing shocker of a dive 🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Got a yellow