hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I'd be careful about wishing we had more Edinburgh based Ref's officiating big matches.

Guess where the Edinburgh and District Referees Assoc hold most of their meeting - The Oriam
    Guess where they held there charity quiz night - The Gorgie Suite, Tynecastle

You couldn't make it up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be careful about wishing we had more Edinburgh based Ref's officiating big matches.

Guess where the Edinburgh and District Referees Assoc hold most of their meeting - The Oriam

You couldn't make it up.
    I’ve been going to the referees quiz for a number of years. It used to be at a golf club, Turnhouse I think, but can’t quite remember which. When they moved from there they sounded out both Hibs and Hearts for a venue and apparently we were stratospherically more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    https://twitter.com/MarioMo55922985/...aXO_GR6DA&s=19

Bar in Perth raising money for the local foodbank by selling Rangers penalty bingo tickets. 👍
    Watched the Georgia v Scotland game in there a couple of weeks ago, I think I prefer The Silvery Tay though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’ve been going to the referees quiz for a number of years. It used to be at a golf club, Turnhouse I think, but can’t quite remember which. When they moved from there they sounded out both Hibs and Hearts for a venue and apparently we were stratospherically more expensive.
    Fair enough.. but frankly it's not a good look to hold your meetings at one clubs training ground and your events at the same clubs hospitality suite. Common sense would suggest they should be looking for a neutral venue, it's not like we are short of them in Edinburgh. It would be like the Association of Voting Returning Officers holding their Christmas party at a Conservative Club. It's just stupid. Optics are important if you want trust. They should move it back to a golf club. IMHO

An attila on Superscoreboard yesterday going nuts at the suggestion of a conspiracy in favour of the attilas, immediately after he'd just suggested Aberdeen lie down to Celtic but try extra hard against the attilas.

https://youtu.be/Z9AFV52rNfc?si=1lPStvgZ4vC5XMu6

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Fair enough.. but frankly it's not a good look to hold your meetings at one clubs training ground and your events at the same clubs hospitality suite. Common sense would suggest they should be looking for a neutral venue, it's not like we are short of them in Edinburgh. It would be like the Association of Voting Returning Officers holding their Christmas party at a Conservative Club. It's just stupid. Optics are important if you want trust. They should move it back to a golf club. IMHO
    I can see where you’re coming from but think it’s an element of looking at things through green tinted glasses. The refs do a lot of their training and fitness at Oriam, which I only know as my friends wife is quite high up in officiating in the ladies game.

Our quiz team captain is an official from up north and doesn’t support either of the Edinburgh or Glasgow teams. He echoes all that we say as fans that it’s a closed shop unless you’re from Glasgow or Lanarkshire. I don’t think there’s any Hearts bias in the Edinburgh association to be honest. Although we did jokingly complain to the quiz master one year (a Berwick fan) that the questions seemed to be pro hearts anti Hibs since we moved to Tynecastle.

I can see where you’re coming from but think it’s an element of looking at things through green tinted glasses. The refs do a lot of their training and fitness at Oriam, which I only know as my friends wife is quite high up in officiating in the ladies game.

Our quiz team captain is an official from up north and doesn’t support either of the Edinburgh or Glasgow teams. He echoes all that we say as fans that it’s a closed shop unless you’re from Glasgow or Lanarkshire. I don’t think there’s any Hearts bias in the Edinburgh association to be honest. Although we did jokingly complain to the quiz master one year (a Berwick fan) that the questions seemed to be pro hearts anti Hibs since we moved to Tynecastle.
    Maybe just a bit of naivety bythem then. I work in Comms/PR and it just looks like the sort of optics mistake that can undermine peoples trust.

If he echoes everything we say about it being a closed shop..he needs to speak out !

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Maybe just a bit of naivety bythem then. I work in Comms/PR and it just looks like the sort of optics mistake that can undermine peoples trust.

If he echoes everything we say about it being a closed shop..he needs to speak out !
    There was an article in the Herald where one of the main guys from the Edinburgh association spoke out about it.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...histle-unrest/

One Ref from the capital city getting the Scottish cup final in a century does seem a little unlikely
    Nowhere near fit for purpose and corrupt

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Hibs should have offered the facilities for free - and wired the place.

You couldn't make it up.
    I have taken part in that quiz at least 10 times and thousands has been raised for many deserving causes.

Think you are well wide of the mark on this matter.

Many moons ago before Oriam was built the refs used to train at Peffermill and would often hold their meetings in the upstairs hospitality area afterwards. It just makes sense.

The SFA use Oriam regularly for various age group levels of the Scotland set up, both men and women, so it's not really that surprising or alarming they use it for referees.

Is the standing joke on here not that Oriam is nothing to do with Hearts anyway?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member