hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The late penalty on Saturday saved them a point and cost Aberdeen 2.

Similar incidents in penalty boxes for others, non-old firm basically, get waved away every week which in turn can cost clubs points while Rangers and Celtic get pretty much every debatable decision in their favour. Over the course of a season that amounts to a fair amount of points which are won and lost in tight games which are refereed to a two-tier standard.

Is the difference enough to enable a non- old firm League winner? Probably not, but giving someone a better chance of second place is not an unrealistic outcome of a one-tier, unbiased officiating of the game.

The “gulf” between Old Firm and the rest is often used as a stick to beat Scottish Football with, and while the financial advantage is an unfortunate fact of life that clubs like of that size will always have, the advantage of favourable officiating of their games is something that can, and should be addressed.

The refereeing of Old Firm games is contributing greatly to the gulf that sits between Old Firm and the rest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Hugh Dallas not have to resign after circulating a sectarian email? I’m sure the referee’s strike came on the back of Celtic being awarded, then not, a penalty, in an incident that the referee or their assistant (i can’t remember the exact details) lied about to cover up the decision.
    Dallas spoke about the email incident recently.

Considering he has had over a decade to come up with a story you would have thought he could have managed better than 'I said to someone who thinks of these things and they said send it to me so I did'. You'd laugh at a 10 year old for coming out with such a crap excuse. It's not that it's implausible that is exactly what happened but it's hardly any kind of excuse for using a work email for such purposes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Someone shared an example from our home game against Dundee earlier in the season. Hanlon, right in front of goal, is getting his shirt pulled. The image is as clear as you like.

The issue here isn't that Rangers got a penalty that wasn't merited yesterday, you can easily justify the decision (and they are all over social media shouting about how nobody should be complaining at a clear penalty being given). The problem is that almost no other club gets that penalty (with the caveat that St Mirren got a similar one against us a few weeks back).

Aberdeen should have had a penalty and (IMHO) a red card should have been shown to Goldson in the game yesterday. There was our penalty claim v Killie (I think - Newell on the touchline), or v Aberdeen. Hearts had one on Saturday, an absolute stone-waller as well as our claim on Saturday on Miller, that should have been a penalty.

Why do Rangers get that review when they really need it?

No coincidence it was AGAINST us.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    No coincidence it was AGAINST us.
    Has anyone got a list of ones that have gone FOR us? I mean really (or even quite) contentious decisions where VAR has intervened in our favour?

Killie had a man sent off for a high boot catching Cabraja’s neck after initially getting a yellow card. VAR stepped in, and he was sent off. Not especially contentious but it sparked enough debate on here to suggest it’s not a clear and obvious, so if I’ll take that as one.

Does anyone have another?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Has anyone got a list of ones that have gone FOR us? I mean really (or even quite) contentious decisions where VAR has intervened in our favour?

Killie had a man sent off for a high boot catching Cabraja’s neck after initially getting a yellow card. VAR stepped in, and he was sent off. Not especially contentious but it sparked enough debate on here to suggest it’s not a clear and obvious, so if I’ll take that as one.

I think it is a blank sheet of paper. I can't think of any 50:50s where VAR has helped us. I don't think the Cabraja one was 50:50. There are fairly significant numbers of where you would have expected VAR to intervene on our behalf and it hasn't and also a significant number where it has intervened where refs had not given anything and VAR has made us suffer. Some of the decisions are unexplainable. The push on Marshall against Ross County which cost us two very valuable points can only really be seen as a blatant foul. The dive Duk was awarded a penalty for was as obvious as they come. You can only really give the benefit of the doubt so long before corruption and favouritism is the conclusion

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I think it is a blank sheet of paper. I can't think of any 50:50s where VAR has helped us. I don't think the Cabraja one was 50:50. There are fairly significant numbers of where you would have expected VAR to intervene on our behalf and it hasn't and also a significant number where it has intervened where refs had not given anything and VAR has made us suffer. Some of the decisions are unexplainable. The push on Marshall against Ross County which cost us two very valuable points can only really be seen as a blatant foul. The dive Duk was awarded a penalty for was as obvious as they come. You can only really give the benefit of the doubt so long before corruption and favouritism is the conclusion
    I asked on the podcast Twitter, a Livi fan said Jason Holt’s red card at Easter Rd, ref wasn’t sent to the monitor and general consensus from pundits was that it wasn’t a red. I agree with you on the Killie one, to be fair. I was just trying to be objective!

JDH red card downgraded to yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    What a terrible post that is, just nonsense start to finish. Happy to roll over and get your belly tickled, at the same time having a dig at folk calling out the blatant corruption within Scottish football.

FWIW I’ve seen the **** finish below ‘the lowest place they could possibly finish’ a few times. Have some ambition.

What an awful outlook you’ve got, must be trolling.

I would support a total boycott of the home match vs the *** in January, and refuse any ticket sales in the away end too. Let’s be bold, enough is enough.
    A lot of fighting talk there. Do you have the trousers?
    Let me tell you what will actually happen before and after the January home match v Rangers:

Hibs will sell Rangers supporters all the tickets for the south stand as they always do
    Their supporters will sing the same songs as they always do
    Hibs will count the money and say nothing as they always do
    There will be online rants about their supporters on here as there always is and some posters will write emails and letters to the club as they always do
    Hibs will cut and paste replies to the writers from their bank of previous Rangers game replies as they always do
    After 5 days the complainers and the online fighting talkers will have punched themselves out and will move on as they always do

See you behind the goals.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 28-11-2023 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    JDH red card downgraded to yellow.
    Which game was that again? Was that contentious?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    If you really believe that you haven't been paying attention.

Why hasn’t anyone from Hibs taken any action ? Have they not been paying attention either?

STF owned us for decades. You couldn’t find a more decent man than him yet you’re all saying he was complicit in this conspiracy.

Same for every other player we’ve ever had. None of them think the game is corrupt.

@hibs.net private member
    Which game was that again? Was that contentious?
    Celtic at Easter road, unless there was another

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    The first Scottish Cup Final was in 1873.

The first time a Scottish Cup Final had a referee from Edinburgh was in 1980.... 107 years later.

To date, only three Scottish Cup Finals have had Edinburgh Referees.

Nope, no West Coast bias here.
    Are you taking about where they born and brought up or where they lived at the time the cup finals were played?

Maybe some were born in Edinburgh but by thre time they were refs they had moved!

Either way, where someone lives does not suggest bias in the slightest. That’s total tin foil stuff.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/MarioMo55922985/...aXO_GR6DA&s=19

Bar in Perth raising money for the local foodbank by selling Rangers penalty bingo tickets. 👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar

By no means levels things out but one that springs to mind is Campbells penalty at Parkhead from the long throw on Hanlon. Probably similar to other shirt pull penalties in the “if you’re giving that, you’re giving 10 each game” category.

Bearing in mind that was after one of the softest/strangest second bookings you can imagine for Youan in that game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Considering he has had over a decade to come up with a story you would have thought he could have managed better than 'I said to someone who thinks of these things and they said send it to me so I did'. You'd laugh at a 10 year old for coming out with such a crap excuse. It's not that it's implausible that is exactly what happened but it's hardly any kind of excuse for using a work email for such purposes.
    What does I said to someone who thinks of these things mean?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

Bar in Perth raising money for the local foodbank by selling Rangers penalty bingo tickets. 👍
    You are buying money when you have a flutter on a Rangers penalty. It’s always worth a bet.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Why hasn’t anyone from Hibs taken any action ? Have they not been paying attention either?

STF owned us for decades. You couldn’t find a more decent man than him yet you’re all saying he was complicit in this conspiracy.

Same for every other player we’ve ever had. None of them think the game is corrupt.
    Not The Rangers specifically but Stanton and Brown have spoken about how the Old Firm are treated differently. Stanton on players selected for Scotland and Brown on disciplinary action by referees.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    What does I said to someone who thinks of these things mean?
    I think PB means that Dallas said to someone “who thinks of these things” and was then asked to send it on to the person he was speaking to

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    You are buying money when you have a flutter on a Rangers penalty. It’s always worth a bet.
    When it reaches the stage bookies refuse to take punts on Rangers being awarded a penalty, that should be evidence enough to take to footballing authorities and demand an investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It was while the pope was in Scotland and the "joke" centred him being a paedophile.

I think he copied in several others as well.

Only a one off incident and there's little chance they are bigots as well as being bias I'm sure....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

That this is even a real thing would have most other organizations squirming with embarrassment, here is Scotland it'll be ignored by the governing body. Nothing to see here......

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    A lot of fighting talk there. Do you have the trousers?
    Let me tell you what will actually happen before and after the January home match v Rangers:

Hibs will sell Rangers supporters all the tickets for the south stand as they always do
    Their supporters will sing the same songs as they always do
    Hibs will count the money and say nothing as they always do
    There will be online rants about their supporters on here as there always is and some posters will write emails and letters to the club as they always do
    Hibs will cut and paste replies to the writers from their bank of previous Rangers game replies as they always do
    After 5 days the complainers and the online fighting talkers will have punched themselves out and will move on as they always do

See you behind the goals.
    I’ll try and ignore the usual condescending tone of your post.

Whilst I agree with your likely series of events, I do think we are fast approaching the point that action needs taken - and as far as I can see, a mass boycott of all games vs the cheats is the only way we could potentially shame the SFA (unlikely, I know) into some sort of correcting action.

What else can we really do as supporters of the game? I’d love to see all clubs fans outwith the OF show solidarity on this, and create a real statement. Can you imagine if the **** were turning up at empty grounds for the rest of the season, with banners over seats explicitly calling out the cheating by them and the SFA. Appreciate that talk of a boycott will likely upset folk for a multitude of reasons, but something needs done now imo.

Alternatively, we can continue to turn up, watch obviously corrupt decisions play out (as we all have countless times in the past) to help them collect the 3pts, all whilst being subjected to hate songs bellowing from the (overcrowded) away end.

Personally getting increasingly close to being totally scunnered with the game, there’s just no real point in participating in a league system that is so blatantly geared towards ensuring the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    I’ll try and ignore the usual condescending tone of your post.

Whilst I agree with your likely series of events, I do think we are fast approaching the point that action needs taken - and as far as I can see, a mass boycott of all games vs the cheats is the only way we could potentially shame the SFA (unlikely, I know) into some sort of correcting action.

What else can we really do as supporters of the game? I’d love to see all clubs fans outwith the OF show solidarity on this, and create a real statement. Can you imagine if the **** were turning up at empty grounds for the rest of the season, with banners over seats explicitly calling out the cheating by them and the SFA. Appreciate that talk of a boycott will likely upset folk for a multitude of reasons, but something needs done now imo.

Alternatively, we can continue to turn up, watch obviously corrupt decisions play out (as we all have countless times in the past) to help them collect the 3pts, all whilst being subjected to hate songs bellowing from the (overcrowded) away end.

Personally getting increasingly close to being totally scunnered with the game, there’s just no real point in participating in a league system that is so blatantly geared towards ensuring the status quo.
    I doubt that would happen but it is a certainty that loss of revenue on that scale would catch the immediate attention of the club owners. Even two weeks of lost revenue would them s******g in their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Not The Rangers specifically but Stanton and Brown have spoken about how the Old Firm are treated differently. Stanton on players selected for Scotland and Brown on disciplinary action by referees.
    Billy McNeill said the same when he became Aberdeen manager he then realised how well treated the Old firm were.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibees View Post
    I think PB means that Dallas said to someone “who thinks of these things” and was then asked to send it on to the person he was speaking to
    Ok right get it now. Sounds like the lamest of excuses.

Cochrane red card

Quote Originally Posted by DeZerbi23 View Post
    Cochrane red card
    That was a correct decision though

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    ⚽️- Rangers are currently on a British record run of 67 games without conceding a penalty

⚽️- the world top flight record is 74 held by Barcelona in the 2011/12 - 2012/13 seasons (which is currently under investigation by Spanish FA)

⚽️-**Barca averaged 80% possession during that time (Rangers averaged 58% during their run)

⚽️ - before the current 67 game run, Rangers went 44 league games without conceding a penalty

⚽️ - so they have only conceded 1 penalty in their last 112 league games

⚽️- Since August 2020 they have the highest penalty differential in Europe’s top 20 leagues, ie pens for minus pens against.

⚽️ - Since the 20/21 season they have conceded a penalty on average every 42 league games (Celtic every 9 games)

⚽️- from 2018/19 season they have a penalty differential of +43 ( Celtic are +15 for the same period)

⚽️ - since 2018/19 Rangers have been awarded 52 penalties and conceded 9 (Celtic have had**39 and conceded 24)

⚽️ - Since last season (when VAR arrived in Scotland) Rangers have had 16 penalties in the league with 0 against (Celtic have had 12 with 7 against)

⚽️ - They are only team in a league with VAR that has never conceded a penalty since the technology was brought in anywhere in the world

⚽️ - If Rangers don’t concede a league penalty before the end of this year (8 games) then they will have set a new world record

⚽️ -**James Tavernier is now in the top 10 for the most penalties scored of all time

⚽️ - out of everyone on the list the Rangers captain has the highest percentage of goals from penalties

Top 10 penalty takers and % of goals that are penalties (via TransferMrkt)

C. Ronaldo 157 (18%)

Messi 109 (14%)

Totti 86 (27%)

Ibrahimovic 85 (15%)

Del Piero 77 (22%)

Shearer 72 (18%)

Ronaldinho 70 (30%)

Cavani**61 (14%)

Lampard 60 (20%)

Tavernier 58 (48%)
    These stats are incredible and irrefutable. Whilst it shows the bias I'm not convinced over brown envelopes and funny handshakes - probably more unconscious bias or subconscious bias, whatever the term is.. mixed in with some out and out skulduggery.

Something to keep in mind with those stats are that those are the domestic stats with matches governed by the west coast mafia. If the argument was that there is indeed no bias then clearly you would be talking about a team with absolute mastery of the defensive art of not giving away penalties and incredible.. even world record levels.. consistency with it. Would stand to reason then that their record in European competition, without west of Scotland officiating, would be similarly impressive... I wonder what the stats in Europe look like.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DeZerbi23 View Post
    Cochrane red card
    That was a correct decision, though. VAR only intervened to confirm a matter of fact, which was whether or not the foul was inside the box.