hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was a Dundee FC event and it’s their job to provide a sufficiency of appropriately trained staff to manage the event. The Police will only get involved if their assistance etc is requested or needed to support the stewards.

Its then up to the Event Commander to decide if officers need to enter the relevant area and in doing so does and would it cause more issues and put others in the area (innocent bystanders) at risk.

There are many factors now prior to what you would say is ‘wading in’ and why put officers well-being at risk too when it’s minor and evidence can be gathered via cctv etc. it’s not the Police’s job to be assaulted no more than a stewards.

It is however the responsibility of those supporters attending to behave in the appropriate manner however you hear more and more of the bully boy tactics of this block which is unacceptable.

Tbh the club will have representatives there who will see first hand the behaviour of the minority
    We'll agree to disagree about what's minor and what's not. I'd suggest that the intimidation experienced by some Hibs fans yesterday wasn't minor to them and wonder how minor you'd have felt it was if you'd been in their situation.

We'll also agree to disagree about whether it's part of the risk of signing up to be a Police Officer to possibly be assaulted. I'd argue that risk is part of the job description and they will be far better placed and trained to deal with that and defuse potentially violent situations than a steward. I'd also suggest that retrospective CCTV policing does nothing to help those feeling intimidated or threatened at the time of an incident.

Where we can agree is that the Club need to address the actions of that minority who are spoiling the experience of the majority.
    Last edited by Brizo; 26-11-2023 at 02:38 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    We'll agree to disagree about what's minor and what's not. I'd suggest that the intimidation experienced by some Hibs fans yesterday wasn't minor to them and wonder how minor you'd have felt it was if you'd been in their situation.

We'll also agree to disagree about whether it's part of the risk of signing up to be a Police Officer to possibly be assaulted. I'd argue that risk is part of the job description and they will be far better placed and trained to deal with that and defuse potentially violent situations than a steward. I'd also suggest that retrospective CCTV policing does nothing to help those feeling intimidated or threatened at the time of an incident.

Where we can agree is that the Club need to address the actions of that minority who are spoiling the experience of the majority.
    If it gets rooted out it will soon stop. Even some of the more mature guys in block7 should maybe be a wee bit vigilant in some cases. Ultras don’t have to be a group of absolute rockets.

We'll also agree to disagree about whether it's part of the risk of signing up to be a Police Officer to possibly be assaulted. I'd argue that risk is part of the job description and they will be far better placed and trained to deal with that and defuse violent situations than a steward. I'd also suggest that retrospective CCTV policing does nothing to help those feeling intimidated or threatened at the time of an incident.

Did anyone complain to a steward what was taking place? Did any stewards intervene? Also those intimated could have asked to speak with police. Again it’s the stewards responsibility to highlight issues accordingly. Minor was the wrong wors but you get what I mean. Tbh hindsight is great thing but I’d have made a complaint to the steward snd if nothing was done I’d have asked the Police. FWIW I’ve been I that situation many years ago where someone threatened to stab me because I challenged him making racial comments to Latapty.

It’s not nice and again I am in no way criticising those in that position

As for signing up to possibly get assaulted, how wrong is that. It’s not their job to get assaulted surely? Officers put themselves in harms way and if this can be avoided then it will it’s a decision or the powers that be.

. If and if it’s deemed necessary police will intervene however this can cause issues whilst doing this. It’s not just the roasters causing the issues that you need to contend with it’s those nearby.

What has happened is out of order and those responsible should hang their heads in shame

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    If it gets rooted out it will soon stop. Even some of the more mature guys in block7 should maybe be a wee bit vigilant in some cases. Ultras don’t have to be a group of absolute rockets.
    That's what I don't get, if it's genuinely hangers on that are causing the issues why don't they (B7) police them?
    Are they scared of them or summat? If B7 are getting bullied by these guys then they could either ask the club for help or try to deal with it and many of the other hibs fans will possibly help.

Thats of course if B7 are telling the truth and aren't the cause.

I think it's quite sad to read that Hibs fans would bullying or abuse there own supporters , though I'm not really surprised about it tbh as it seems to be happening alot now ! .
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 26-11-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    That's what I don't get, if it's genuinely hangers on that are causing the issues why don't they (B7) police them?
    Are they scared of them or summat? If B7 are getting bullied by these guys then they could either ask the club for help or try to deal with it and many of the other hibs fans will possibly help.

Thats of course if B7 are telling the truth and aren't the cause.
    Block7 have a great chance to be a very good influence for hibs going forward.
    As it stands it’s all very st mirren Motherwell vibes from them unlike since1875 which had a bit of ingenuity to it whilst involving the whole crowd.

It’s not clever or even different to be disrespectful to fellow supporters. There could be a chance on the cards to make the famous five bouncing and grow the numbers,but that will only happen if they are smart and unlike the other generic ultra nonsense on show in Scottish football.

Did anyone complain to a steward what was taking place? Did any stewards intervene? Also those intimated could have asked to speak with police. Again it’s the stewards responsibility to highlight issues accordingly. Minor was the wrong wors but you get what I mean. Tbh hindsight is great thing but I’d have made a complaint to the steward snd if nothing was done I’d have asked the Police. FWIW I’ve been I that situation many years ago where someone threatened to stab me because I challenged him making racial comments to Latapty.

As for signing up to possibly get assaulted, how wrong is that. It’s not their job to get assaulted surely? Officers put themselves in harms way and if this can be avoided then it will it’s a decision or the powers that be.

. If and if it’s deemed necessary police will intervene however this can cause issues whilst doing this. It’s not just the roasters causing the issues that you need to contend with it’s those nearby.

What has happened is out of order and those responsible should hang their heads in shame
    It might be wrong but its a fact of life. In the same way that someone joining the Army is signing up knowing they could be shot at, someone joining the Police should know that part of signing up for that job potentially involves being assaulted. Of course its not their job to get assaulted but the possibility that might happen is part of the risk of doing that particular job.

Those that were out of order should hang their heads in shame but that doesn't change my opinion that Police were and always would be a better deterrent in stadiums than the cheaper option of the inadequately trained, low-paid stewards that all clubs now predominately rely on.

It might be wrong but its a fact of life. In the same way that someone joining the Army is signing up knowing they could be shot at, someone joining the Police should know that part of signing up for that job potentially involves being assaulted. Of course its not their job to get assaulted but the possibility that might happen is part of the risk of doing that particular job.

Those that were out of order should hang their heads in shame but that doesn't change my opinion that Police were and always would be a better deterrent in stadiums than the cheaper option of the inadequately trained, low-paid stewards that all clubs now predominately rely on.
    Agree with this. Police know what they are signing up for and are reasonably well compensated for it with salary and pension. That's not the same for stewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I think it's quite sad to read that Hibs fans would bullying or abuse there own supporters , though I'm not really surprised about it tbh as it seems to be happening alot now ! .
    Its not really happening outside the issues with Block 7 as far as I know, so to say it's happening a lot is a bit of a stretch.

Ok.

This is where something should be done however the Stewards need to be taking action and pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    I think we know why. It's above the pay grade of Kieran Power
    A job for Ben Kensall?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

The police have basically sat or stood and watched crowds become more and more unruly. It will just continue to get worse and worse until there are more and more flashpoints. Someone will end up getting hurt. It used to be reserved mostly for Hampden but it is happening all the time now. At some point the Police need to act, if not at the time, then very visually by highlighting convictions and making sure that fans know they are being watched.

When an argument kicked off near me the steward did his best to calm the situation down. I think he was minded to chuck them both out and when he went to a fellow, and presumably more experienced steward, I head him say what are we meant to do if it kicks off. They then just left the boy and monitored it. There were definitely ejections yesterday and that should be the case for anyone stopping someone sitting in their seat. Steward asks nicely, then asks again threatening ejection and if the fan refuses to give up the seat then get the Police to eject.

It is a bit of a "Cop" out saying they won't intervene as this can cause issues as it is there lack of intervention that has lead to the emboldenment of B7, the hangers on and just generally fans being coked up, drunk and complete idiots at games. How some of them even get admitted to games the state they are in is a mystery to me.

Don’t the club have to pay for Police inside the ground, hence why we go for the cheaper option?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The police have basically sat or stood and watched crowds become more and more unruly. It will just continue to get worse and worse until there are more and more flashpoints. Someone will end up getting hurt. It used to be reserved mostly for Hampden but it is happening all the time now. At some point the Police need to act, if not at the time, then very visually by highlighting convictions and making sure that fans know they are being watched.

When an argument kicked off near me the steward did his best to calm the situation down. I think he was minded to chuck them both out and when he went to a fellow, and presumably more experienced steward, I head him say what are we meant to do if it kicks off. They then just left the boy and monitored it. There were definitely ejections yesterday and that should be the case for anyone stopping someone sitting in their seat. Steward asks nicely, then asks again threatening ejection and if the fan refuses to give up the seat then get the Police to eject.

It is a bit of a "Cop" out saying they won't intervene as this can cause issues as it is there lack of intervention that has lead to the emboldenment of B7, the hangers on and just generally fans being coked up, drunk and complete idiots at games. How some of them even get admitted to games the state they are in is a mystery to me.
    I am aware that days of old the police would intervene at the sign of any trouble. I am a believer in nipping it in the bud asap however looks like those in the higher echelons don’t agree and won’t deploy police until it’s past that point.

Proactive in these cases rather than reactive should be the case.

Btw this is by no way criticism of those fans in a position at any game and agree more needs to be done to protect them by taking positive action

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Its not really happening outside the issues with Block 7 as far as I know, so to say it's happening a lot is a bit of a stretch.
    I've heard fans mentioning on here the same issues before maybe " a lot " is a bit of a stretch though seems to be a problem that's happened before and needs dealt with by the club . Pity some in our support can't show fellow Hibs fans abit more respect tbh ! .

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar

We and a number of others spoke to the stewards and they said that they didn’t have the numbers to deal with them. They helped my daughter and the youngest grandson to move to another area. I stayed initially to try and complain but it was a waste of time. I eventually moved to where my daughter was as the wee Ned’s were really getting on my nerves. They were more interested in watching me than watching the game.

The police did come in when the woman was punched but were not interested in engaging in any conversation about the fact that too many people were in the area and standing 3 to a seat in a part of the ground that they didn’t have tickets for.
    Police treat all football fans the same they are not interested in hearing any complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    They are a bunch of absolute fannies. I’ve had zero time for them for ages and it seems the wider support now seem to feel the same. They show zero respect to folk that have travelled home and away since before half of them were born and I personally cannot wait til they gtf out the East and get their own wee section for waving their pishy wee flags and singing the same tiktok garbage as every other Ultras group.

No doubt it wisny Block 7 again though, and just a couple wee hangers on.
    Hang ‘em high

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Hang ‘em high
    Only the ****, the good guys, the ones genuinely trying to create a Hibs supporting culture with an "edge" should be encouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I've messaged Kieran about this before who was very polite in his response. He's a decent chap, however I feel like people more senior at the club need to be taking visible responsibility for finding a resolution.
    I'm not saying he needs to resolve it, but it surely is his role to communicate the strength of feeling and let us know he's done it? Agree someone in a senior role needs to say something to get a message across.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So, in summary: it's everyone's fault except the people that actually did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    It's ridiculous this is even a thing. A female fan is punched when this group/extended group decide they'll do what they want but somehow that is completely lost in the bizarre attempt to excuse this tiresome antisocial stuff.

Ibrox disaster stickers. Nope, not shameful enough for some.
    Wrecking Fir Park seating. Nope, a big boy done it and ran away. Boys will be boys.
    Punch a fellow Hibs fan. A female fan. Still trying to excuse this stuff.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Nearly said a big boy done it and ran away...........but maybe there weren't any there?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    I have been going home and away for over 40 years and I have never been in a situation where I am now considering giving up. That on Saturday was the first time I’ve really been raging in and amongst my fellow fans.

If this is the new normal then I am out.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post
    I have been going home and away for over 40 years and I have never been in a situation where I am now considering giving up. That on Saturday was the first time I’ve really been raging in and amongst my fellow fans.

If this is the new normal then I am out.

That’s just not acceptable. When it’s getting to the stage where you are seriously considering not attending games due to the actions of other Hibs fans then it’s gone too far. I have a lot of time for KP, I hope he’s aware of posts like yours and is feeding back to the board.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post

Anyone who seen Ben, 'Fagan' and a +1 B7er cuddling and cozy chatting at the F5 consultation know exactly what the situation is here.

Don't expect any changes for real fans - only a blind eye being turned while Ben gets to live out his fantasy of being in a crap version of The Firm.
    Just been a wee bit sick in my mouth.

I’d hope that one of the first things a new owner might do is consider a spell of performance management for Ben.

First Team Regular
    Due to the poor seating arrangements at away grounds my wife and I have stopped attending away games as we got fed up moving around the stand to obtain a seat with a view of the match.
    We will be in Dingwall the day of the Ross County game and in Glasgow the day of the Kilmarnock game both away games so have decided to attend the games.

My question is Can someone tell me where the B7 hangers on intend to hi Jack seats that days so we can purchase our seats away from them and get a reasonable seat with a view to watch the games?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Due to the poor seating arrangements at away grounds my wife and I have stopped attending away games as we got fed up moving around the stand to obtain a seat with a view of the match.
    We will be in Dingwall the day of the Ross County game and in Glasgow the day of the Kilmarnock game both away games so have decided to attend the games.

My question is Can someone tell me where the B7 hangers on intend to hi Jack seats that days so we can purchase our seats away from them and get a reasonable seat with a view to watch the games?
    They stand where they want but usually the worst seats are far enough away so they aren't an issue. I've started buying tickets late in the day now as I'd rather sit in a worse seat as far away from them as possible and it means if some work comes in I can take that instead and am not left with a ticket. Like another poster I have went to 100s of away games over the last 40 odd years and I am thinking of not bothering any more. The behaviour of our fans means the enjoyment isn't there.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post
    We and a number of others spoke to the stewards and they said that they didn’t have the numbers to deal with them. They helped my daughter and the youngest grandson to move to another area. I stayed initially to try and complain but it was a waste of time. I eventually moved to where my daughter was as the wee Ned’s were really getting on my nerves. They were more interested in watching me than watching the game.

The police did come in when the woman was punched but were not interested in engaging in any conversation about the fact that too many people were in the area and standing 3 to a seat in a part of the ground that they didn’t have tickets for.
    Police treat all football fans the same they are not interested in hearing any complaints

A woman was actually punched? Surely no
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

By reading what's on here, I get the impression that B7 is a closed shop. There's also going to be B7 members on this forum that are reading this and probably quite enjoying it.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    By reading what's on here, I get the impression that B7 is a closed shop. There's also going to be B7 members on this forum that are reading this and probably quite enjoying it.
    Surely if they were genuine fans they would not gain any enjoyment from seen other fans getting their match experience restricted.