hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandGates View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chaos lol. Was hardly Heysel.

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.
    Here's a radical idea.

If there's 1300 empty seats in the stand, why don't their group congregate in those empty seats?

It's then an inconvenience to nobody.

I'll tell you why they don't, it's because they think they've a god given right to the prime seats in the stand, and that every other Hibs fan doesn't deserve the same entitlement that Block 7 have decided they're worth.

Well they're going to start meeting a lot more folk, like me, who aren't going to back down to their behaviour.

It needs sorted ASAP.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    They are a bunch of absolute fannies. I’ve had zero time for them for ages and it seems the wider support now seem to feel the same. They show zero respect to folk that have travelled home and away since before half of them were born and I personally cannot wait til they gtf out the East and get their own wee section for waving their pishy wee flags and singing the same tiktok garbage as every other Ultras group.

No doubt it wisny Block 7 again though, and just a couple wee hangers on.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 26-11-2023 at 10:56 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The singing section isn't being created for Block 7.
    They are still going to be the immediate prime beneficiaries so the general perception cannot be anything other than this is a reward for them from the club.

My son is 9 and hasn’t been to an away game yet (other than Hampden). I wouldn’t take him due to the carry on I’ve witnessed and seldom go to away games myself now. Football grounds are like a lawless part of society now and it’s like the police have given up policing away crowds.

Hibs not the only club by all means but find the whole thing puts me off going to the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got to our seat yesterday to find the main B7 faces a few rows infront of us, there were lads standing at our seats but to be fair to them, they moved when asked but only into the stairwell which made it difficult to pass them

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Section 43 brought the fans together and built an atmosphere. These clowns are causing division constantly with their behaviour. Appears the club couldn’t care less either.
    Absolutely spot on.

Get B7 to ****. Causing far too much trouble just for a bunch of wee fannies to bang a drum for 90 minutes. Sick of them.

Aye, not all of them are at it, obviously, but it’s almost every game now and shows no signs of getting better.

Have to say that while I am getting on a bit, did used to go to away games but put off by all the wee phanneys trying to be something they see on the t.v.
    Stopped going to away games as it just not worth the hassle.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Have to say that while I am getting on a bit, did used to go to away games but put off by all the wee phanneys trying to be something they see on the t.v.
    Stopped going to away games as it just not worth the hassle.
    GGTTH
    My old man is the same. Yet on all the social media stuff, the wee YouTube access all videos stuff, the club give them so much coverage whilst long time Hibs supporters are being forced out.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    My old man is the same. Yet on all the social media stuff, the wee YouTube access all videos stuff, the club give them so much coverage whilst long time Hibs supporters are being forced out.
    Like this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042Zs0kXA0Q

(Which is a beautiful piece of film btw)

It's allocated seating imo, if its not allocated to you you have zero right to take it

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Like this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042Zs0kXA0Q

(Which is a beautiful piece of film btw)

It's allocated seating imo, if its not allocated to you you have zero right to take it
    Yep. Think the club are tone deaf on the actual feeling towards it all just now, including moving ST holders and families out of the FF potentially.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 26-11-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by EastStandGates View Post
    Chaos lol. Was hardly Heysel.

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.
    My reading of this is it's fair game to chase off women, children, and elderly folk who have paid to sit in a certain seat. Wild take.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I know I am in the absolute minority here absolutely bemused why I am having to move out of section 18 in the FFL with my girls to accommodate these so called fans.

It’s actually beginning to cause tension between my oldest and I at away games - yet again upon seeing this yesterday I am getting hit with the same question over and over why do we have to move our seats (we didn’t have middle section seats yesterday but she seen the aggression bordering on near violence to the left of us).

Edit - could the old guy that runs them not at least post on here to tell us which section at Celtic Park and Almondvale they will be taking over so we don’t buy seats there?
    The famous five change isn’t going to happen to accommodate B7. It’ll just be an area they choose to sit, same as section 44 currently is. But absolutely anyone who wants to can sit there.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The famous five change isn’t going to happen to accommodate B7. It’ll just be an area they choose to sit, same as section 44 currently is. But absolutely anyone who wants to can sit there.
    Unless they choose a place that B7 want!

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Yep. Think the club are tone deaf on the actual feeling towards it all just now, including moving ST holders and families out of the FF potentially.
    I think we know why. It's above the pay grade of Kieran Power

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    I think we know why. It's above the pay grade of Kieran Power

Anyone who seen Ben, 'Fagan' and a +1 B7er cuddling and cozy chatting at the F5 consultation know exactly what the situation is here.

Don't expect any changes for real fans - only a blind eye being turned while Ben gets to live out his fantasy of being in a crap version of The Firm.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This is 2024 in a month or so. Can the club not just sell them a block of tickets in the middle?

J
    Why should they get the middle. That gives them the best view and less likelihood of staying clear of them. For games we don't sell out I would give them a side near the bottom and let them have that. The rest of us can then decide whether we want the centre or as far away as possible

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    At Ibrox a few weeks ago, B7 was pushing past me and my dad to get into any seat and just standing anywhere.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Stewards should surely take some responsibility on the issue of seat allocation at grounds to avoid intimidating fellow supporters ,Then moved along by police if not adhering to seats they actually bought. No one should have to barter for the seats they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Stewards should surely take some responsibility on the issue of seat allocation at grounds to avoid intimidating fellow supporters ,Then moved along by police if not adhering to seats they actually bought. No one should have to barter for the seats they paid for.
    This is a stewarding issue and police will only get involved if a crime has taken place. Were there police on duty inside the ground yesterday?? I know that some games are Police Free inside the ground!

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    I was in the ground just after two with my daughter and two grandkids. It was the youngest’s (9 year old) first away game.

He ended up in tears when all the B7 fuds came barging in standing 3 to a seat all around us so that he couldn’t see a thing. When they set off the pyrotechnics he went into a full blown panic attack as he couldn’t breathe.

Needless to say he doesn’t want to go back again.

Until Hibs do something about them all four of us won’t go to another away game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post
    I was in the ground just after two with my daughter and two grandkids. It was the youngest’s (9 year old) first away game.

He ended up in tears when all the B7 fuds came barging in standing 3 to a seat all around us so that he couldn’t see a thing. When they set off the pyrotechnics he went into a full blown panic attack as he couldn’t breathe.

Until Hibs do something about them all four of us won’t go to another away game.

You'd think there'd be atleast 1 or 2 of them that would be considerate enough to try and reign things in.

Ridiculous that young kids are being scared by fellow Hibs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This is a stewarding issue and police will only get involved if a crime has taken place. Were there police on duty inside the ground yesterday?? I know that some games are Police Free inside the ground!
    There were plenty of police both inside and outside Dens yesterday. A surprising amount tbh with a number trackside at a corner of our end and two police vans and two police cars positioned outside the Hibs exit at the end of the game. As someone old enough to remember the polis wading into packed terracings to huckle fans the present day polis seem scared to get involved in anything physical ie essentially doing their job.

As for the stewards I don't blame a minimum wage, minimum-trained person not wanting to risk being assaulted trying to enforce what imo should be the police's job.

Thankfully as pay-at-the-gate people we were well away from directly behind the goals so didn't witness any of the nonsense but would have been raging if some wee neds had tried to take seats we'd specifically chosen for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You'd think there'd be atleast 1 or 2 of them that would be considerate enough to try and reign things in.

Ridiculous that young kids are being scared by fellow Hibs fans.
    It wasn’t B7 though it was a hanger on.

Zero respect and zero manners seem to be a common theme.

I hope Hibs are reading this.

This is what the club are helping to enable.

I hope your wee boy gets over this and is back supporting Hibs in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    There were plenty of police both inside and outside Dens yesterday. A surprising amount tbh with a number trackside at a corner of our end and two police vans and two police cars positioned outside the Hibs exit at the end of the game. As someone old enough to remember the polis wading into packed terracings to huckle fans the present day polis seem scared to get involved in anything physical ie essentially doing their job.

As for the stewards I don't blame a minimum wage, minimum-trained person not wanting to risk being assaulted trying to enforce what imo should be the police's job.

Thankfully as pay-at-the-gate people we were well away from directly behind the goals so didn't witness any of the nonsense but would have been raging if some wee neds had tried to take seats we'd specifically chosen for ourselves.
    This was a Dundee FC event and it’s their job to provide a sufficiency of appropriately trained staff to manage the event. The Police will only get involved if their assistance etc is requested or needed to support the stewards.

Its then up to the Event Commander to decide if officers need to enter the relevant area and in doing so does and would it cause more issues and put others in the area (innocent bystanders) at risk.

There are many factors now prior to what you would say is ‘wading in’ and why put officers well-being at risk too when it’s minor and evidence can be gathered via cctv etc. it’s not the Police’s job to be assaulted no more than a stewards.

It is however the responsibility of those supporters attending to behave in the appropriate manner however you hear more and more of the bully boy tactics of this block which is unacceptable.

Tbh the club will have representatives there who will see first hand the behaviour of the minority

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I hope Hibs are reading this.

This is what the club are helping to enable.

I hope your wee boy gets over this and is back supporting Hibs in the near future.
    They get on my tits, but I don’t think the club can do much to manage them in another stadium. It’s only at away games that we have these problems. It’s annoying and they’ve got no regard for anybody else, but I don’t really see what Hibs can do away from home.

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    They get on my tits, but I don’t think the club can do much to manage them in another stadium. It’s only at away games that we have these problems. It’s annoying and they’ve got no regard for anybody else, but I don’t really see what Hibs can do away from home.
    The club know who they are. Stop selling them tickets for a period and only allow them back if they agree to sit in their allocated seats.

The club know who they are. Stop selling them tickets for a period and only allow them back if they agree to sit in their allocated seats.

That ain’t going to happen and I don’t think it should. It’s someone else’s stadium and it’s up to them to make sure allocated seats are complied with. It’s an unnecessary hassle that they cause. Happened to me at Ross County but we just moved as there were hundreds of empty seats. I shouldn’t need to but in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t the end of the world. Even yesterday my laddie couldn’t see, not because of Block 7, but folk standing. He moved 10 yards along and watched from somewhere that folk weren’t standing and then stood up the back behind the last row of seats where we are so he was a bit higher.

I find them annoying and ignorant but nothing that would stop me going, obviously others will see it differently which they’re entitled to.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    That ain’t going to happen and I don’t think it should. It’s someone else’s stadium and it’s up to them to make sure allocated seats are complied with. It’s an unnecessary hassle that they cause. Happened to me at Ross County but we just moved as there were hundreds of empty seats. I shouldn’t need to but in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t the end of the world. Even yesterday my laddie couldn’t see, not because of Block 7, but folk standing. He moved 10 yards along and watched from somewhere that folk weren’t standing and then stood up the back behind the last row of seats where we are so he was a bit higher.

I find them annoying and ignorant but nothing that would stop me going, obviously others will see it differently which they’re entitled to.
    In a couple of weeks time I anticipate a very big Hibs crowd traveling to Livingston.

It’s environments like that where commandeering areas of their choosing has potential to get ugly where others have to move to find very limited free seats, particularly those with kids who can’t split up.

The more you allow them to do so when there is a good number of free seats to move to just cements that sense of entitlement that will cause problems at future away games where seats are shorter in supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    In a couple of weeks time I anticipate a very big Hibs crowd traveling to Livingston.

It’s environments like that where commandeering areas of their choosing has potential to get ugly where others have to move to find very limited free seats, particularly those with kids who can’t split up.

The more you allow them to do so when there is a good number of free seats to move to just cements that sense of entitlement that will cause problems at future away games where seats are shorter in supply.
    The more awareness it gets of it happening the more risk there is of it kicking off as more people will get involved.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post

Anyone who seen Ben, 'Fagan' and a +1 B7er cuddling and cozy chatting at the F5 consultation know exactly what the situation is here.

Don't expect any changes for real fans - only a blind eye being turned while Ben gets to live out his fantasy of being in a crap version of The Firm.
    Yep this will be the thing that stops anything happening. So long as Ben can march with them to Tynecastle with a bottle of Corona in his hand, that’s the main thing, eh!