hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandGates View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if you go with a common sense approach like that, what else can there be a moan about on the internet the day after a fine away victory with 10 men?

Suppose we could go back to lack of hot water in the bogs...
    The benefit of raising the compliant here has been a couple of decent suggestions about how friction can be avoided in the future. In order to build goodwill about the group, it might be worth looking into self-policing and how the club could make the group's section known when tickets are put on sale.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I asked one of them to move out the way as I was making my way up the stairs to my seat (a stairway a crowd of them were blocking).

The little runt barged into me and told me to **** off.

Not best pleased, I let the little **** know that he'd be best advised to **** off out of my sight before I done something stupid.

This resulted in being rounded upon by another 3 or 4 of these so called Block 7 muppets. Not for backing down, the little ****s soon got the message I wouldn't be intimated by them.

I also heard, from a fellow long time Hibee, that one of the Block 7 group took a swing at a woman arguing with them.

The entitlement of them is off the scale, and they quickly need brought into line.

The club can stop pandering to them too.

I say all of the above as someone who has no beef with the Ultra scene, and is an avid supporter of standing/singing sections too.

None of the above entitles these little fannies to think they're better than the next Hibee though, and certainly not treat fellow fans in the manner they currently do.

I see a few of them getting a bloody nose off someone soon.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 26-11-2023 at 09:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    The benefit of raising the compliant here has been a couple of decent suggestions about how friction can be avoided in the future. In order to build goodwill about the group, it might be worth looking into self-policing and how the club could make the group's section known when tickets are put on sale.
    At least one of those suggestions have been forwarded to the club before, but no sign of it being taken on board.

Genuinely feel that the club have fallen way, way short on this one so far.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Dunno why they don’t have an ultra section even for away games problem solved worked for the sheep at hampden

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If you were there with your wife and kids got in your ticketed seat in good time then ten minutes before the game you get physically harassed out of your seat would you not be a little bit annoyed about it? Particularly when the onus is then on you to find spare seats rather than ones where someone has a ticket for. Selfish dickish behaviour and definitely should be called out. Behaviour which is likely to have influenced decent fans not to go to away games. Club need to sort it simple as.

No no, can’t have common sense and common decency like that, we should all cowtow to entitled selfish people who think they should get whatever seats and section they want, because ‘ultra culture’… time after time there’s people making excuses for them, saying other fans should just move and give up the seats they’ve paid for, and ignoring the intimidation and unacceptable behaviour from them.

@hibs.net private member
    I went for a pee at half time and there were quite a few lads smoking in the toilets. Nothing to do with B7 until the stewards tried to chuck one out. At that point there was a few black clad boys started giving the stewards hassle and I think the boy that was being chucked out made his escape. Also nothing to do with block 7 but there were at least another two very heated arguments I witnessed that could easily have resulted in some pavement dancing. All this in a backdrop of a team scoring a great goal, winning despite having 10 men for a good chunk of the game and in a stand where everyone who wanted a ticket got one. Whether it is B7 or not the behaviour of our away support is very poor. Another smoke bomb at teh start of play yesterday too from the area where B7 were located.

There is definitely a discussion to be had on B7 but there is also a wider discussion on the way our support behaves away from home.

I wouldn't move

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    And you've just proven my earlier point...

To you they're a bunch of wee fannies with a drum..

To the wee fannies with a drum yous are a bunch of boring auld weirdos on an internet forum.

Hence clubs need to utilise space that is available in nearly every stadium in Scotland to properly accommodate everyone.
    If you want to talk about 'auld wierdos', look no further than the Fagan character in his mid-50's who is the Block 7 leader....who for some strange reason is not allowed to be named on here. WTF is a grown man doing running around with these children?
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 26-11-2023 at 09:35 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    They are entitled to think that and may well be correct.

It doesn’t change the fact that the only people in the wrong, in this scenario, are those forcing people out of seats that do not have tickets for those seats.

It’s really simple.
    Having a bit of human decency goes a long way, if its not your seat and another Hibs fans in it what kind of person thinks its okay to just muscle or intimidate someone out the way?

What other aspects of their life do they think this approach is okay in?

Life experience tends to tell me it won't end well, not everyone give in when faced with this sort of behaviour

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    At least one of those suggestions have been forwarded to the club before, but no sign of it being taken on board.

Genuinely feel that the club have fallen way, way short on this one so far.
    is anyone making representation of this to Kieran Power? be good to know what communication is being passed up the chain when this is such a recurrent problem. for any Hibs fan to be intimidated out of their seat by a fellow fan is just not acceptable. we do have a conduit to make our views known?

will take those affected to get in touch with him and give direct accounts of what problems they faced.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    I had a ticket for a seat in the area they commandeered; when I saw it had descended into a brawl I found another seat. Unsurprisingly I had to move when the seat holder arrived. This must’ve happened to dozens of folk going by the numbers standing in the aisle (something we criticise the OF for doing).

It seems to me that the club seem willing to accommodate them but don’t have any ‘power’ to bring them to account when situations like this happen. Also it would be nice to see the police taking a more active role instead of leaving it to stewards.

I’ve no doubt it will continue to happen as those involved have no respect for anyone as it’s all about them.
    This is 2024 in a month or so. Can the club not just sell them a block of tickets in the middle?

J

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepthefaith View Post
    is anyone making representation of this to Kieran Power? be good to know what communication is being passed up the chain when this is such a recurrent problem. for any Hibs fan to be intimidated out of their seat by a fellow fan is just not acceptable. we do have a conduit to make our views known?

will take those affected to get in touch with him and give direct accounts of what problems they faced.
    I've messaged Kieran about this before who was very polite in his response. He's a decent chap, however I feel like people more senior at the club need to be taking visible responsibility for finding a resolution.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 26-11-2023 at 09:55 AM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

We can do unallocated seating. It wont change the problem as they wont turn up early to secure the seat they want. They will swan in 10 minutes before kick off and do exactly what they do now. There are right and wrong ways for people to behave. We have had several groups over the past few years, none as toxic as the current one.

@hibs.net private member
    I know I am in the absolute minority here absolutely bemused why I am having to move out of section 18 in the FFL with my girls to accommodate these so called fans.

It’s actually beginning to cause tension between my oldest and I at away games - yet again upon seeing this yesterday I am getting hit with the same question over and over why do we have to move our seats (we didn’t have middle section seats yesterday but she seen the aggression bordering on near violence to the left of us).

Edit - could the old guy that runs them not at least post on here to tell us which section at Celtic Park and Almondvale they will be taking over so we don’t buy seats there?

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I know I am in the absolute minority here absolutely bemused why I am having to move out of section 18 in the FFL with my girls to accommodate these so called fans.

It’s actually beginning to cause tension between my oldest and I at away games - yet again upon seeing this yesterday I am getting hit with the same question over and over why do we have to move our seats (we didn’t have middle section seats yesterday but she seen the aggression bordering on near violence to the left of us).
    The singing section isn't being created for Block 7.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The singing section isn't being created for Block 7.
    Will they be staying in the East stand?

Will they be staying in the East stand?
    Probably not, I'd imagine they'd move to the signing section along with other fans not part of their group.

They might sit in the section but it's not being created for them.

If the FFL is changed to the singing section it will be in existence long after B7 are gone.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    This needs sorted.
    That Fagan character should be having a word if it is just the hangers on
    I've been sat near them numerous times and now will make sure I am nowhere near them in the future.
    Utter embarrassment to the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Probably not, I'd imagine they'd move to the signing section along with other fans not part of their group.

They might sit in the section but it's not being created for them.

If the FFL is changed to the singing section it will be in existence long after B7 are gone.
    Other fans as in the ones that cause all the trouble at away games?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Last edited by Just Alf; 26-11-2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Already clarified

Other fans as in the ones that cause all the trouble at away games?
    Causing trouble is a seperate issue.

It doesn't change the fact that FFL potential change is not being done for B7 as you seemed to suggest. Its not, as I said that will be the singing section in 10-15 years time, by which time it's highly unlikely they'll even exist in their current format.

Chaos lol. Was hardly Heysel.

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.
    So from your reckoning the first 2-3 rows of grounds are ‘your territory’ (their section your words) and if you have unfortunately been allocated a seat in this section then tough.

Like it or lump it but we are block 7 and we are sitting where we want and if you moan about it or stand up to us we will have the numbers to deal with it.

What is clear though is a lack of respect for others supporters and again parts of your post confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This is 2024 in a month or so. Can the club not just sell them a block of tickets in the middle?

J
    For some games, Hibs have no input to the selling of tickets, they are sold directly by the home club.

But even then, selling 20/30 tickets to B7 won't stop other yobs congregating in adjacent seats for which they don't have a ticket.

A few Hibs away fans are now becoming a major issue. Their behaviour is similar to what we get when the erse cheeks have attended ER, and then page after page of people wanting the club to ban them (nowt wrong with that). But no one is calling for these B7 etc neds to be banned........hypocrisy rules.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Section 43 brought the fans together and built an atmosphere. These clowns are causing division constantly with their behaviour. Appears the club couldn’t care less either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Section 43 brought the fans together and built an atmosphere. These clowns are causing division constantly with their behaviour. Appears the club couldn’t care less either.
    100 percent

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.
    Fantastic summarisation of the sense of self entitlement B7 believe they have.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

So the core of the argument is effectively "it's just a seat lmao get over it?" Aye ok nae bother I'm sure you'll be fine if some kid and his mates force your family to sit apart from each other.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    And you've just proven my earlier point...

To you they're a bunch of wee fannies with a drum..

To the wee fannies with a drum yous are a bunch of boring auld weirdos on an internet forum.

Hence clubs need to utilise space that is available in nearly every stadium in Scotland to properly accommodate everyone.
    The bunch of wee fannies with a drum which is exactly what they are, need to learn some respect towards fellow Hibs supporters. It’s them that should move to an empty area so they can all be together rather than force other fans to be inconvenienced and intimidated.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The bunch of wee fannies with a drum which is exactly what they are, need to learn some respect towards fellow Hibs supporters. It’s them that should move to an empty area so they can all be together rather than force other fans to be inconvenienced and intimidated.
    It's mental that you even have to explain that.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Well said, couldn't agree more. After all, a seat is a seat according to them.