hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Block 7

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar

Block 7

Did anyone see the scenes just before kick off with fans trying to take their allocated seats but could not because block seven refused to move. Chaos

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Have Hibs even had a word about them with this or are they accountable to no one?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have Hibs even had a word about them with this or are they accountable to no one?
    From what I seen yesterday there was a lot of intimidation towards a few women trying to take their seats. Not suggesting block 7 were starting matters or throwing punches first but the intimidation and refusal to move and the constant banging into fans trying to take their seats instigated this minor brawl. It was embarrassing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    From what I’m hearing, the neds seeking close proximity to Block 7 are accountable to no one.

We can’t have a bunch of folk deciding where they will sit, regardless of allocated tickets.

Can’t get your seat because someone has taken it.
    Go to another seat.
    Now you’re sitting in someone else’s allocated seat
    Cue people getting up and down and arguing with each other just because some pillock has nicked it.
    Chaos as the OP says.
    Last edited by judas; 26-11-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Carheenlea has a good point. Edit pending fact check.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    This wasn’t bona-fire members of Block Seven, just hangers on who have attached themselves to the group.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The club are letting down the wider Hibs support by not taking action to stop disrespectful behaviour from a particular group.

From communication with the club, I didn’t personally get the impression that they were taking it seriously enough, but that’s just my opinion.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Won’t be B7 though, just hangers on, blah blah, ultra culture, blah blah…

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The club are letting down the wider Hibs support by not taking action to stop disrespectful behaviour from a particular group.

From communication with the club, I didn’t personally get the impression that they were taking it seriously enough, but that’s just my opinion.

They create an atmosphere which we all love but when they are taking over an allocated area and will not move, leaving people with no where to go, then you clearly get the intimidation which was coming from regular block seven members and there hangers on, then that’s unacceptable. This will always end up with trouble. From where I was and what I seen yesterday they showed absolutely zero respect for anyone around them including women and children. This is not the first time I’ve seen this happen yet it’s still happening which means the club have done and will do nothing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This wasn’t bona-fire members of Block Seven, just hangers on who have attached themselves to the group.
    Noted I’ve edited my post for now.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    What's the answer to it? Seems to be happening most away games now, so what can actually be done about it? It's harsh on Block 7, because whether they like it or not, the assumption will be that it's their group that's doing it. Folk don't care whether these guys are formally part of a group or not, they see them all together and draw their own conclusions.

It needs to stop, though - going to football shouldn't be a hassle or a fight waiting to happen because you're unlucky enough to have bought a seat that these guys want, that's unacceptable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What's the answer to it? Seems to be happening most away games now, so what can actually be done about it? It's harsh on Block 7, because whether they like it or not, the assumption will be that it's their group that's doing it. Folk don't care whether these guys are formally part of a group or not, they see them all together and draw their own conclusions.

It needs to stop, though - going to football shouldn't be a hassle or a fight waiting to happen because you're unlucky enough to have bought a seat that these guys want, that's unacceptable.
    Didn’t we used to be able to specific “singing section” tickets when buying?

This takes us into priority ticket territory, but I genuinely see no way around it other than to take a full stand for example, put block 7 on the left and start selling normal tickets on the right side to make sure there’s no one in seats where they don’t want to be.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I had a ticket for a seat in the area they commandeered; when I saw it had descended into a brawl I found another seat. Unsurprisingly I had to move when the seat holder arrived. This must’ve happened to dozens of folk going by the numbers standing in the aisle (something we criticise the OF for doing).

It seems to me that the club seem willing to accommodate them but don’t have any ‘power’ to bring them to account when situations like this happen. Also it would be nice to see the police taking a more active role instead of leaving it to stewards.

I’ve no doubt it will continue to happen as those involved have no respect for anyone as it’s all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Make them give a list of all official B7 members to the club, and they will receive tickets together in their own section for away games. Where possible give Hibs fans the opportunity to sit elsewhere in the away end by publishing where the ultras section will be.

For a bit, have someone from the club at that section and ensuring the wider Hibs support can actually take their seats/head up aisles.

Actually make self policing important by making the group responsible for the actions in that area. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck and not a hanger on. If someone is causing trouble in B7 attire or in the B7 section then the “it’s a hanger on” doesn’t wash.

Basically - if they behave then they’re rewarded with their own section. If not then they’re not welcome and someone else can look to start their own version.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 26-11-2023 at 08:12 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If these are just the "hangers on" as people say then surely Block 7 should be intervening to get people in their allocated seats? The "hangers on" will listen to them and if they don't then that's Block 7's problem as the "hangers on" wouldn't be causing trouble if Block 7 didn't exist.

It's amazing how much violence and intimidation in football is always 100% as a result of "hangers on" and never actually the people who are seen doing it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    My post suggesting it was hangers on isn’t to be taken seriously.

Just regurgitating the narrative that will be wheeled out after yet another misdemeanour. It’s never anything to with them, and the club seems to swallow it.

Yesterday could have been dangerous if emergency medical help was needed to get to someone, or a swift evacuation had to be made.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Yesterday when it, predictably, happened - as seems to be the case now most away games - there were actually boos. The main away support are getting sick of this nonsense. Folk are standing their ground more. They'll get the backing of most right minded fellow fans.
    These wee dafties need to grow up. The Hibs support doesn't revolve around them. It will soon show them and we don't want a situation to develop where they end up ostracised completely. Those who remember the casual era will also remember being a "scarfer" was a thing as the silent majority took a stance. Let's not get to the point they're standing outside waving flags and setting off pyro as Charlie Reid arrives with a one fingered salute (for the avoidance of doubt that's a metaphor). The main Celtc support call their lot the Gangrene Brigade - let's not get to that place.

At the time they came in, folk with the drum, wearing B7 gear, dodged under the yellow tapes sectioning off the lowest few rows. Stewards and police redirected them saying "nope, yer no going there".

So clearly, very obviously B7 were going to try and occupy a cordoned off space of their choice that wasn't to be occupied at all. It wasn't hangers on. It 100% wasn't hangers on in that situation. It was B7

Does there need to be allocated seating for away games? I know the clubs like it because it's possible to link a ticket to an account and identify who was sitting there. However if people aren't sitting in their own seats anyway then is that a workable system? Add to that there are cameras trained on you from the moment you leave your house to the moment you arrive home again so anyone causing bother is identifiable anyway.

That stand wasn't close to sold out yesterday, there was a whole section almost empty and the front rows were also largely deserted. Could unallocated seating at certain away games be trialled? That would allow people to find their own areas and families would naturally gravitate together, Block 7 and those who want to be near them likewise and so on.

Chaos lol. Was hardly Heysel.

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandGates View Post
    Chaos lol. Was hardly Heysel.

If only there was 1300 empty seats in that stand yesterday that could be utilised to accommodate everyone...

People massively overestimate numbers of these groups too. Sitting next to B7 at ER in East 44, yer lucky if 2-3 dozen have the merch on and take the first 2-3 rows of their section. An away day will probably be less. The vast majority behind and to the side of them aren't directly involved in them, if 100 people are piling into block 44 at ER, or standing on the stairs, with similar scenes at away matches, I don't get how 20 members of a supporters group can be accountable to 200 random others..?

Also don't get how people can be so precious about a seat. I kinda get it at Ibrox and Tynie as there is nowhere else to go, but every other stadium there's going to be somewhere else to sit/stand. People have been squeezing into rows/seats long before B7 and will do so after.

Clubs don't half make it hard for themselves too. Again out with Rangers and Hearts away there is nothing to stop whole sections being dedicated to the ultras/wanna be ultras and police it accordingly.

Also love the change in narrative. Can mind it was always ccs getting blamed for any issues involving trouble with Hibs fans, now it's B7 that's the scrapegoat.
    If someone’s gotten there in good time, is happy with where they are sat and the view they have, then why should they move because some tosser thinks they can take over any area they want and to hell with who was there before?

Folk with children, older folk, folk with disabilities or limited mobility, folk who just wanted a particular view and bought it (like at Parkhead where many seats have restricted views and cost less) or where, like the Bus Shelter,folk pay for cheaper or dearer seats depending on which "tier'. People buy seats all together with their pals
    All those are valid things.

This is about entitlement of one sub section of the support thinking what they want is most important and to hell with other supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If someone’s gotten there in good time, is happy with where they are sat and the view they have, then why should they move because some tosser thinks they can take over any area they want and to hell with who was there before?
    Exactly. If someone’s bought and paid for a seat, it’s their seat.

Let’s just keep making excuses for the wee fannies that cause issues at every single game now though because they have a drum and a few copied songs that naebody else wants to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Does there need to be allocated seating for away games? I know the clubs like it because it's possible to link a ticket to an account and identify who was sitting there. However if people aren't sitting in their own seats anyway then is that a workable system? Add to that there are cameras trained on you from the moment you leave your house to the moment you arrive home again so anyone causing bother is identifiable anyway.

That stand wasn't close to sold out yesterday, there was a whole section almost empty and the front rows were also largely deserted. Could unallocated seating at certain away games be trialled? That would allow people to find their own areas and families would naturally gravitate together, Block 7 and those who want to be near them likewise and so on.
    But if you go with a common sense approach like that, what else can there be a moan about on the internet the day after a fine away victory with 10 men?

Suppose we could go back to lack of hot water in the bogs...

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Exactly. If someone’s bought and paid for a seat, it’s their seat.

Let’s just keep making excuses for the wee fannies that cause issues at every single game now though because they have a drum and a few copied songs that naebody else wants to sing.

And you've just proven my earlier point...

To you they're a bunch of wee fannies with a drum..

To the wee fannies with a drum yous are a bunch of boring auld weirdos on an internet forum.

Hence clubs need to utilise space that is available in nearly every stadium in Scotland to properly accommodate everyone.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    But if you go with a common sense approach like that, what else can there be a moan about on the internet the day after a fine away victory with 10 men?

Suppose we could go back to lack of hot water in the bogs...
    If you were there with your wife and kids got in your ticketed seat in good time then ten minutes before the game you get physically harassed out of your seat would you not be a little bit annoyed about it? Particularly when the onus is then on you to find spare seats rather than ones where someone has a ticket for. Selfish dickish behaviour and definitely should be called out. Behaviour which is likely to have influenced decent fans not to go to away games. Club need to sort it simple as.

To the wee fannies with a drum yous are a bunch of boring auld weirdos on an internet forum.

Hence clubs need to utilise space that is available in nearly every stadium in Scotland to properly accommodate everyone.
    Or supporters can have some respect for fellow Hibs fans, regardless if they think each other is a fanny / weirdo.

They are entitled to think that and may well be correct.

It doesn’t change the fact that the only people in the wrong, in this scenario, are those forcing people out of seats that do not have tickets for those seats.

It’s really simple.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar

At least auld weirdos can show respect to fellow supporters whereas a wee fanny will always be a wee fanny.

Everyone that attends a game, particularly away, is there to see their team win and shows their support by being there. It's about time that these guys grasped this concept and realised that everyone is there for the same thing. It would appear that they go out of the way to annoy as many fellow supporters as they can.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I note the B7 twitter account is scared to show pic of B7 members, blurring all their faces.

Forget all the what aboutery, hangers on chat etc. If, as a group, they don't want easily identified, then that tells everything you need to know about their outlook on things.