hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owen Beck

His dive and waving of an imaginary yellow card should have earned him two quickfire yellow cards, swiftly followed by a red. Also looked like Hibs should have been awarded a penalty early on for the genuine foul on Miller.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was really impressed with him when we played them at Easter Road

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imaginary card waving is meant to be a booking and he had already been booked so should have been sent off as well. Refs just suit themselves as they go along.
    Especially when the Don Robertson is usually all over that sort of thing. Very odd he wasn't booked for that it was so blatant. No doubt imo Miller would have been carded for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Was that the blond haired lad playing left midfield ? He was involved in everything they did going forward.
    Yes, busy, dynamic, creative, got stuck in. I don’t know if that performance was an outlier but he’d be a great acquisition.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We need a couple more dickheads in our team. Much as we complain when someone like Larry Fiveheid or Devlin absolutely blooters one of our players in the opening minutes or a derby, or walks the tightrope of what's acceptable in those games, it works. We could do with a bit more edge in big games and at key times.

Miller has it, think we need a couple more players like that.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Exactly. Less of an issue if he was our prick.

Didn't cover himself in glory over the second yellow. His movement and appetite for the game certainly impressed though.
    I watched Lewis’s second booking again and Beck dug his elbow hard into Lewis’s chest and stomach just before he dived, as they fell to the ground.
    If the ref had seen it, it would have been him walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I watched Lewis’s second booking again and Beck dug his elbow hard into Lewis’s chest and stomach just before he dived, as they fell to the ground.
    Aye and Beck waving the imaginary card as quick as he got back up.
    Bad form that from players.
    Not only is it a snide thing to do,it could cost a player earnings if it results in ref agreeing with the guffy that does this motion.
    The bearded "tough guy me" player making an angry dash at Rocky(foul on Beck) to inflame the situation.
    Then he sheepishly wanders away ! Another guffy !

The laddie with the nice left foot might have his own song...... the Jeff Beck classic.
    "You're everywhere and nowhere,Becky !!
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 26-11-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Miller was stupid lifting his hands in that situation. There was a tangle, Beck recovered and was getting away. Miller stupidly raised his hand and made contact with Beck who fell over. I really hopes he cuts these daft moments out as we’re very fortunate he didn’t cost us again yesterday. Lets not be looking for excuses Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Miller was stupid lifting his hands in that situation. There was a tangle, Beck recovered and was getting away. Miller stupidly raised his hand and made contact with Beck who fell over. I really hopes he cuts these daft moments out as we’re very fortunate he didn’t cost us again yesterday. Lets not be looking for excuses Fred.
    Every contact isn’t a foul though. Miller never did anything that made the boy chuck himself down the way he did. As soon as the foul was given he was always getting a card but I didn’t think it was a foul in the first place. And Beck should have got a yellow (which would have been his second) for the imaginary card waving.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Every contact isn’t a foul though. Miller never did anything that made the boy chuck himself down the way he did. As soon as the foul was given he was always getting a card but I didn’t think it was a foul in the first place. And Beck should have got a yellow (which would have been his second) for the imaginary card waving.
    It was soft for sure. But as soon as I saw the “tangle” and Beck hit the floor, I knew what was coming. I don’t think Miller needed to do what he did. The imaginary card thing was poor as well and refs need to start dealing with that consistently.

It was soft for sure. But as soon as I saw the “tangle” and Beck hit the floor, I knew what was coming. I don’t think Miller needed to do what he did. The imaginary card thing was poor as well and refs need to start dealing with that consistently.
    I was a hundred yards away but bang in line with it and my first thought was that it was a dive. Seeing it back I still think it is, the boy just feels the slightest contact and chucks himself. Thought Miller’s biggest mistake was letting the boy get back up of the floor and turn him, which was poor defending but I didn’t really think there was anything in it thereafter.

Coaching Staff
    I’m not looking for excuses for anything or anybody.
    Miller was silly..no doubt…..but that is irrelevant to the point I was making which was…Beck deliberately and quite forcefully elbowed Miller in the chest/stomach region as they fell to the ground, and if the ref had saw it, then he too could have been carded.

Interesting to read the positive reports. He was on loan at Bolton last year but didn’t get much of a look in

Decent enough player with a dirty some may say bad streak just what any team wants, but when they play for the other side I want my defenders to put him in row Z. He should have gone off as well if it was a red for Miller then it was a red for that scroat.

Looks like a good player. But what a c..t with the card waving to get Miller sent off.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    He was also pushing Miller off the park as well

Miller is daft putting his hands on Beck not once but twice, knowing he's already on a booking.
    The second challenge is nothing though and it's clear simulation from Beck. The first booking is soft too, but it's a challenge he doesn't have to make.
    As for the imaginary card waving, players were getting booked for it at the start of the season but that directive seems to have fizzled out.
    Beck was impressive but has three years left on his Liverpool deal, so it might be that he gets loaned to a higher level next season then sold on. One to keep an eye on if his career does stall a bit.

Seems like a little prick.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Yep. Don't care how good he is, he's a p***k.
    Don't care how much of a p***k he is, he's good

If Miller's first booking was for the collision it's pretty harsh imo , the 2nd bookings even worse as Becks has got Miller sent off by diving with no contact . Becks reaction afterwards was really poor in waving a imaginary card to influence the referee . I don't put any blame on Miller at all . Thankfully it didn't effect the outcome and beck still lost even with him cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    If Miller's first booking was for the collision it's pretty harsh imo , the 2nd bookings even worse as Becks has got Miller sent off by diving with no contact . Becks reaction afterwards was really poor in waving a imaginary card to influence the referee . I don't put any blame on Miller at all . Thankfully it didn't effect the outcome and beck still lost even with him cheating
    Miller had his hands on Beck. There was contact.

Miller had his hands on Beck. There was contact.
    When Becks slipped yes he did on his back though I think that was to stop him colliding with the player , miller never pushed or pulled him which is why he got in front of miller . It's what happened next that the 2nd booking was for which imo there was no contact at all but a player diving , blatant cheating imo . Think it was beck that was involved in the first booking too which says it all really! .

No one likes a diving wee pr**k

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

When Becks slipped yes he did on his back though I think that was to stop him colliding with the player , miller never pushed or pulled him which is why he got in front of miller . It's what happened next that the 2nd booking was for which imo there was no contact at all but a player diving , blatant cheating imo . Think it was beck that was involved in the first booking too which says it all really! .
    It does, it tells you Miller got dunced twice by a 21 year old.
    The problem at the 2nd booking is that Miller jumps in because he thinks he can steal the ball and as a result gets on the wrong side of Beck who is as slippery as an eel and Miller can then never get back goalside legally. At 2-0 up and already on a booking he had to then leave him be but instead bumbled about like an elephant in a china shop.
    Had he simply stayed goalside in the first instance, Beck would have had to either pass the ball back to a team mate or try to beat Miller. Everything would have been fine. Impetuosity is a trait of the young and the inexperienced.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 26-11-2023 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    It does, it tells you Miller got dunced twice by a 21 year old.
    The problem at the 2nd booking is that Miller jumps in because he thinks he can steal the ball and as a result gets on the wrong side of Beck who is as slippery as an eel and Miller can then never get back goalside legally. At 2-0 up and already on a booking he had to then leave him be but instead bumbled about like an elephant in a china shop.
    Had he simply stayed goalside in the first instance, Beck would have had to either pass the ball back to a team mate or try to beat Miller. Everything would have been fine. Impetuosity is a trait of the young and the inexperienced.
    The first booking I think Beck is actually moving quicker and gets the ball and goes into miller , he then goes down rolling about holding his back .

The 2nd booking Miller's went out to beck , there's a slip from beck who is quick and turns miller , he even throws a arm back at miller . Maybe miller could have done things better but there was no contact worthwhile to make beck go down the way he did and it was a blatant dive and he should have received the yellow instead of miller for it imo

I think beck was trying to get miller sent off from the first booking and due to an awful referee he succeeded. It was a Oscar winning performance for acting imo . Waving the imaginary card and trying to push miller off was poor . Owen Beck didn't exactly cover himself in glory there either .
    https://youtu.be/01AQYq4rD0I?si=MgkMcTATXPyN4lzo

The first booking I think Beck is actually moving quicker and gets the ball and goes into miller , he then goes down rolling about holding his back .

The 2nd booking Miller's went out to beck , there's a slip from beck who is quick and turns miller , he even throws a arm back at miller . Maybe miller could have done things better but there was no contact worthwhile to make beck go down the way he did and it was a blatant dive and he should have received the yellow instead of miller for it imo

I think beck was trying to get miller sent off from the first booking and due to an awful referee he succeeded. It was a Oscar winning performance for acting imo . Waving the imaginary card and trying to push miller off was poor . Owen Beck didn't exactly cover himself in glory there either .
    https://youtu.be/01AQYq4rD0I?si=MgkMcTATXPyN4lzo
    We went through this blaming everyone else thing with Ryan Porteous.
    Blaming the referee or an opposition player or the media or the weather or anything else doesn't wash, it's professional sport which is all about making good decisions. Miller makes a poor decision whilst on a personal yellow with the team 2-0 up and ends up getting sent off which puts the win in jeopardy.

At 2 min 38 seconds in your clip he makes the fatal mistake of moving out of his goalside position.
    All he had to do was hold that goalside position and Beck will have to pass back to his team mate, No.12, or turn towards goal when Miller can easily tackle him.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 27-11-2023 at 02:49 AM.

Looks like in both instances Miller slipped over. If Robertson gives second foul which was pretty much a dive he should certainly have given Beck a second yellow for a very blatant card thing which refs used to book for. In the whole scheme of things a very harsh red.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    We went through this blaming everyone else thing with Ryan Porteous.
    Blaming the referee or an opposition player or the media or the weather or anything else doesn't wash, it's professional sport which is all about making good decisions. Miller makes a poor decision whilst on a personal yellow with the team 2-0 up and ends up getting sent off which puts the win in jeopardy.

At 2 min 38 seconds in your clip he makes the fatal mistake of moving out of his goalside position.
    All he had to do was hold that goalside position and Beck will have to pass back to his team mate, No.12, or turn towards goal when Miller can easily tackle him.
    Maybe miller could have done better though he's seen the player slip and tried to retrieve the ball but there's no reason for miller to take him down for the reasons ' he is on a yellow and we have both Youan and Jeggo that can go to beck .

I think we have valid reasons this time to blame someone else , as I said the first yellow beck actually goes into miller with more force than the other way around . What gets miller booked is he's a big strong lad who carries on , the other guys rolling around like he's been shot . It's just a coming together and the players conned the referee.

The 2nd ones even worse as it's a blatant dive and he should have been booked for simulation or for the dirty carry on in waving a imaginary card. The two bookings miller got were never fouls imo and we're down to a player cheating and the referee once again getting calls against us wrong . Referees performance in the whole game was extremely poor though thankfully it hasn't cost us this time like it has in many other games 👍

Maybe miller could have done better though he's seen the player slip and tried to retrieve the ball but there's no reason for miller to take him down for the reasons ' he is on a yellow and we have both Youan and Jeggo that can go to beck .

I think we have valid reasons this time to blame someone else , as I said the first yellow beck actually goes into miller with more force than the other way around . What gets miller booked is he's a big strong lad who carries on , the other guys rolling around like he's been shot . It's just a coming together and the players conned the referee.

The 2nd ones even worse as it's a blatant dive and he should have been booked for simulation or for the dirty carry on in waving a imaginary card. The two bookings miller got were never fouls imo and we're down to a player cheating and the referee once again getting calls against us wrong . Referees performance in the whole game was extremely poor though thankfully it hasn't cost us this time like it has in many other games 👍
    It has meant we miss a key player next week though?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It has meant we miss a key player next week though?
    It didn't effect the outcome of the game thankfully though you are right Jim in we have lost a key player for next week who we will miss as a Aberdeen are a big physical team .Shafted again by another awful refereeing performance. Wonder when we will get one that actually gives us a few wrong decision for once ? .