hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? We were a baw hair off 3rd last season and can barely win a game under Montgomery. Worlds apart? We'll be bottom six under this joker.
    Literally raging that the new manager has turned a young player's career around.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Comparing the record of Johnson from the first half of last season with Montgomery.

image001.jpg

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Literally raging that the new manager has turned a young player's career around.
    This poster has been at it for weeks now, clearly looking for a reaction from folk now

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Im not a huge tavares fan, don't think he offered enough until recently but he will always get my backing on the park and he certainly looks like he is turning things around, will be interesting to see how his career with us goes.

Jair was the best player on the pitch away to St Mirren IMO

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    You don’t half talk some nonsense about this manager. His points per game in the league so far is near identical to what Johnson achieved last year, and better if you count the three games at the start of the season. And he’ll improve it over the remainder of the season.

Joker FFS.
    Think Montgomery’s PPG in the league might be slightly better even just using last season. Either way, it’s too early to say he’s worlds apart but it’s also too early to be branding him a joker. Expect nothing less from the poster in question though. Raging his wee favourite got rightly binned.

What can’t be denied is that he’s improved the performances of a few individuals in the squad, Jair obviously the main one. Excited to see what he can do with some of the others that LJ cast aside.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 24-11-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Think Montgomery’s PPG in the league might be slightly better. Either way, it’s too early to say he’s worlds apart but it’s also too early to be branding him a joker. Expect nothing less from the poster in question though. Raging his wee favourite got rightly binned.

What can’t be denied is that he’s improved the performances of a few individuals in the squad, Jair obviously the main one. Excited to see what he can do with some of the others that LJ cast aside.
    Agree it’s too early to say that anything is worlds apart results wise. I get the feeling it’s a much happier place since the change though. For whatever reason, I’m hopeful things will further improve over the course of the season.

Really? We were a baw hair off 3rd last season and can barely win a game under Montgomery. Worlds apart? We'll be bottom six under this joker.
    Where were we in the league this season when LJ departed?

Going to live and work in a foreign country particularly one that don’t speak your language can be very tough. Throw in a boss who turns out to be something less than you perhaps thought would. Could turn this scenario into a bit of a nightmare.
    A sportsman even more so, Jair will do us well, he has so much talent it just needs to be harnessed and put to good use in the squad. As for the last manager, well the less said the better.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Comparing the record of Johnson from the first half of last season with Montgomery.

image001.jpg
    That can’t be right?

Our opening 11 league games under Johnson were

St Johnston - 1-0 win
    Hearts 1-1 draw
    Livingston 2-1 defeat
    Rangers 2-2 draw
    St Mirren 1-0 defeat
    Kilmarnock 1-0 win
    Aberdeen 3-1 win
    Ross County 2-0 win
    Motherwell 1-0 win
    United 1-0 defeat
    Celtic 6-1 defeat

5 wins
    4 defeats
    2 draws

17 points.

Unless I’m missing something?

Edit: I’am missing something, just noticed you’re comparing direct results I.e the home/away v certain teams spread out over a period of time to match what Monty has played.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    That can’t be right?

Our opening 11 league games under Johnson were

St Johnston - 1-0 win
    Hearts 1-1 draw
    Livingston 2-1 defeat
    Rangers 2-2 draw
    St Mirren 1-0 defeat
    Kilmarnock 1-0 win
    Aberdeen 3-1 win
    Ross County 2-0 win
    Motherwell 1-0 win
    United 1-0 defeat
    Celtic 6-1 defeat

5 wins
    4 defeats
    2 draws

17 points.

Edit: I’am missing something, just noticed you’re comparing direct results I.e the home/away v certain teams spread out over a period of time to match what Monty has played.
    Which of these games did Jair play in? or am I missing something.
    Last edited by A Hi-Bee; 24-11-2023 at 02:57 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    That can’t be right?

Our opening 11 league games under Johnson was

St Johnston - 1-0 win
    Hearts 1-1 draw
    Livingston 2-1 defeat
    Rangers 2-2 draw
    St Mirren 1-0 defeat
    Kilmarnock 1-0 win
    Aberdeen 3-1 win
    Ross County 2-0 win
    Motherwell 1-0 win
    United 1-0 defeat
    Celtic 6-1 defeat

5 wins
    4 defeats
    2 draws

17 points.

Look at the first column in my table, I am comparing like-for-like fixtures.

Really enjoyed Jair’s interview, you can tell how much he needed this resurgence, it clearly means a lot to him mentally. Delighted for both the player and the club that he’s being managed so much better these days. One of our top performers in recent weeks.

I'm quite desperate to see Jair do well largely because he had been written off to such an extent, including by me. It would be a great wee story if he was to turn it around and he's on the road to doing that.

The man management of him by LJ was bordering on farcical. The OTT hype when he signed, Johnson mentioning how many teams we beat to get him and in typical LJ fashion taking a big chunk of the credit for that, giving him the number 10 shirt and all the pressure that comes with that, dropping him after a handful of games, leaving him out of squads altogether and then totally ostracising him. It was one extreme to the other.

You can see how badly impacted he was by it all and you can see what it means to him to have a manager who is taking an interest in him, how much the goal meant to him and how much he wants to please the fans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm quite desperate to see Jair do well largely because he had been written off to such an extent, including by me. It would be a great wee story if he was to turn it around and he's on the road to doing that.

The man management of him by LJ was bordering on farcical. The OTT hype when he signed, Johnson mentioning how many teams we beat to get him and in typical LJ fashion taking a big chunk of the credit for that, giving him the number 10 shirt and all the pressure that comes with that, dropping him after a handful of games, leaving him out of squads altogether and then totally ostracising him. It was one extreme to the other.

You can see how badly impacted he was by it all and you can see what it means to him to have a manager who is taking an interest in him, how much the goal meant to him and how much he wants to please the fans.
    Splitting senior players off into separate training sessions because he didn’t fancy them/wanted to sell them was such a classic man management blunder that I couldn’t quite believe it hadn't come up in one of his Management for Dummies textbooks. JDH, Jair, and whoever else training at different times to the ‘first team’, just weird.

Nick and his staff have come in with a fair minded, common sense approach of giving everybody equal opportunity to impress and perform. It’s certainly no coincidence we’ve see more from Jair in the last couple of months than in his entire career with us to date. Like you, I didn’t expect his resurgence but am delighted by it.

I’m sure Sergio plays a big role in that, as alluded to in the interview.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Yeah. Aberdeen and Hearts had such awful spells in their seasons that they both sacked their managers and we still couldn’t beat them come the end of the season. We couldn’t even beat Falkirk or Morton in the cup. We went on ludicrous losing streaks. We had a player like Jair waiting to make a difference and punted him into the reserves. We spoke about lions and all sorts of bollocks.

Monty has so much to fix and signs are that he’s chipping away to make it happen.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Our new manager and his team are worlds apart from the utter fraud we had before.
    You just knew this sitter wouldn’t get passed-up, didn’t you 😁
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 24-11-2023 at 04:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You just new this sitter wouldn’t get passed-up, didn’t you 😁
    It's genuinely not an attempt to bait, it's a nice feeling to look at our management squad and get the feeling that they know how to look after the squad. Results may be debatable so far, but I have faith that they will improve and that we are moving in the correct direction.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It's genuinely not an attempt to bait, it's a nice feeling to look at our management squad and get the feeling that they know how to look after the squad. Results may be debatable so far, but I have faith that they will improve and that we are moving in the correct direction.
    Oh I know, and I’m in agreement 👍… but the royal you still knew it wouldn’t go quietly, right!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Would appear yet more evidence of the ineptitude and mismanagement of LJ and his management team.

BTW the way such of Jair appears to have been treated would appear to leave a lot to be desired. I’d like Hibs to shine a light on the focus the club has on welcoming players from overseas into the Hibernian family. what if anything needs to be learned to improve from a pastoral and management/coaching perspective. If we can’t support them properly and that’s a trend it needs fixed esp if we seek to tap in to foreign markets. Or just don’t even go there if we can’t do what’s required.
    They should have a player liaison person already at the club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    They should have a player liaison person already at the club.
    Would be surprised if we didn't. Would seem an important and obvious role to support players exactly like Jair. You would also like to think the players would be supporting him also.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Would be surprised if we didn't. Would seem an important and obvious role to support players exactly like Jair. You would also like to think the players would be supporting him also.
    I thought Tracey Smith moved into the player liaison role after resigning as fans rep, although I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Interview with Youan in the EEN says he is good friends with Jair and suggests he was supportive of him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Interview with Youan in the EEN says he is good friends with Jair and suggests he was supportive of him.
    There’s a bit of getting carried away going on here.

He’s a player who fell out of favour with a manager who’s now been getting a chance with a new manager. Happens all the time and it will happen to players under this coaching team too once they get more players in and figure out who they need.

I’m sure it is difficult for players in that situation but he’s also said himself he wasn’t sharp enough to play here before.

No suggestion he’s been mistreated in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post

He’s a player who fell out of favour with a manager who’s now been getting a chance with a new manager. Happens all the time and it will happen to players under this coaching team too once they get more players in and figure out who they need.

I’m sure it is difficult for players in that situation but he’s also said himself he wasn’t sharp enough to play here before.

If he was excluded from training camps because he was being disciplined for something then that would make sense. But he wasn't. Johnson's treatment of him was bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I thought Tracey Smith moved into the player liaison role after resigning as fans rep, although I could be wrong
    She does that privately. The club removed her. Very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    TS left Hibs a while back.

She runs her own business offering player care and support now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post

Have you watched the interview with him? No suggesting that anyone mistreated him but for the management to let it get to a place where he was clearly mentally struggling reflects badly on them and Hibs.

Falling out of favour is one thing, this was clearly more than that. Am glad our new management team seem to be more aware of players emotional health.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    If he was excluded from training camps because he was being disciplined for something then that would make sense. But he wasn't. Johnson's treatment of him was bizarre.
    He wasn’t included because he was no longer in the first team plans.

Nothing wrong with focusing training on the players that are going to play.

I’m glad he’s back involved but I don’t see anything unusual or worrying about players dropping right out of the plans of a manager.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Have you watched the interview with him? No suggesting that anyone mistreated him but for the management to let it get to a place where he was clearly mentally struggling reflects badly on them and Hibs.

Falling out of favour is one thing, this was clearly more than that. Am glad our new management team seem to be more aware of players emotional health.
    I think most players that don’t play will say they struggle. Yes he moved away from home but that’s the life of a professional athlete. I’m glad he’s feeling better about himself and his game but I just don’t think we need to be overly dramatic about him getting some sort of poor treatment.