hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    By the way, Everton also made every effort to comply with FFP, as I said above. Contrast that with Man City: one of their charges is refusing to cooperate with the FA. Nothing suspicious there…..

City and Chelsea have been up to all sorts to circumvent FFP. To their credit, at least Chelsea are holding their hands up and giving the FA all the documents.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, Everton also made every effort to comply with FFP, as I said above. Contrast that with Man City: one of their charges is refusing to cooperate with the FA. Nothing suspicious there…..

City and Chelsea have been up to all sorts to circumvent FFP. To their credit, at least Chelsea are holding their hands up and giving the FA all the documents.
    Henry Winter’s show this morning with David Davis they mentioned they had been caught attempting to hide some losses off as part of the new stadium construction, Everton doing there best to sly out of it themselves

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Henry Winter’s show this morning with David Davis they mentioned they had been caught attempting to hide some losses off as part of the new stadium construction, Everton doing there best to sly out of it themselves
    Is that what the FA report says? I haven’t read it myself, but none of the analyses I have read mention it. They claim the FA states no competitive advantage was gained by Everton and £19.5 million stadium overspend only occurred as a consequence of the cancellation of a naming rights deal when the Ukraine war began.

Ten points for one breach, for what amounts to small change in EPL financial terms, seems incredibly harsh. They acted quickly too, when other clubs have been breaking the rules for years. It will be interesting to see how the likes of Man City and Chelsea are punished now. The bar has been set very high.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I wouldn’t be giving any credit to Chelsea, they’re only holding their hands up to historical stuff that they’re being very distinct about saying was all to do with Abramovich, nothing to do with us. All whilst they’re signing players to ridiculous deals so they can stretch out the yearly amortisation, and their owners have links to Saudi, who miraculously signed all the players they wanted rid of at high prices…

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Many reports UEFA are considering inviting them because they are now the 3rd "most supported" team in the world.
    Four Four two magazines had an article on it a couple of months ago. 100% happening in next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    His argument is that ffp in the Premier league is a nonsense
    When you see what the big two in Spain are up to
    And now we have the Saudi league to which I'm told that they're getting a invite to next year's champions league

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I completely disagree.

1, Everton’s net spend in the past five years is the third lowest in the EPL.

2, They have sold players on the cheap and let others go, in order to ensure FFP compliance.

3, the ten point deduction relates to a £19.5 million overspend on their new stadium. This wouldn't have happened at all but for a stadium naming rights sponsor being cancelled, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.I think it was a Russian company.

4, The FA report even says that the Everton breach of FFP gained them no competitive advantage as it relates to stadium costs.

It’s a huge injustice to take ten points from them.
    tough :) anyways, charged again along with Nottingham Forest with breaching Premier League profitability and sustainability rules https://www.skysports.com/football/n...nability-rules

The Premier League says both clubs have confirmed they are in breach of the rules for the assessment period ending season 2022/23.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    tough :) anyways, charged again along with Nottingham Forest with breaching Premier League profitability and sustainability rules https://www.skysports.com/football/n...nability-rules

The Premier League says both clubs have confirmed they are in breach of the rules for the assessment period ending season 2022/23.
    Whatever happened to Man City’s multiple breaches?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post

they appear to be taking a long time dealing with Man City for some reason

In February 2023, Manchester City were charged by the Premier League with numerous alleged breaches of financial rules. The alleged breaches span a period from the 2009/10 season to the 2017/18 campaign. The club are alleged to have breached league rules requiring provision "in utmost good faith" of "accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club's financial position".
    In August 2023, it was announced the Premier League is investigating Chelsea for potential financial rule breaches during Roman Abramovich's ownership of the club.

The problem is the way the system is designed, the bigger, richer clubs can employ armies of accountants, shell companies, arms length sponsors and so on to cook the books, meanwhile the smaller ones, overspending in a futile attempt to keep up, can’t.

If the English league wants to try and prevent a certain level of indebtedness, it’s need to be done in a way that is very easy to police, so whether that’s a wage cap, a budget cap or a turnover ratio etc that might help.

@hibs.net private member
    Man City can afford better lawyers than Everton???

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    It’s an outrageous punishment and should be overturned. Ten point deduction for one breach of FFP relating to costs for the new stadium. Meanwhile Man City have 115 breaches pending - silence. Chelsea have even turned themselves in to the FA for financial doping - silence.

Everton have every right to be outraged. It’s a single technical breach which the FA report concedes was not done to gain any competitive advantage. If punishments are to be proportionate to the crimes, then we will see Man City and Chelsea sent to the National League.

It’s a bizarre ruling, iMHO.

Agree 100%,Everton being hung out to dry here they have not gained any football advantage its been spent on the new stadium FFS. The EPL are backing themselves into a corner with this as the Man City one will prove!!

I was reading at the weekend that the Premiership fair play rules are all being revamped at the end of the season.

Swept under the carpet.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    All 115 of them have to be discussed between the club and the FA. It's the sheer volume of things that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Swept under the carpet.

Not so. I think it's a pretty complex legal issue and will take a while to be resolved though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not so. I think it's a pretty complex legal issue and will take a while to be resolved though.
    And in the meantime City are winning trebles...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    And in the meantime City are winning trebles...

Oh I get it. Last time they were tossed out of Europe though they won against UEFA at arbitration and the FA can't afford to have that happen to them. If the FA win, anything short of stripping their titles will be met with ridicule based on Evertons punishment.

@hibs.net private member
    Financial Fair Play is the biggest joke in football.

Designed to appease the big clubs like Barca and Real Madrid. It's no different from the Super League.

How anyone can look at this system, see Everton and Forest punished while Chelsea spend £1bn and City are waiting years for any action and suggest it's fair is beyond me.

Total stitch up.

The hearing into City's case is likely to be in the autumn of this year.

The decision will be months later.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/premier-l...hearing-418956

After which it'll be swept under the carpet.

What should happen, is every trophy won should be stripped. The message that sportswashing and cheating will not be tolerated should be shown loud and clear.

It won't be however, and we might as well pack up and go home.

After which it'll be swept under the carpet.

What should happen, is every trophy won should be stripped. The message that sportswashing and cheating will not be tolerated should be shown loud and clear.

It won't be however, and we might as well pack up and go home.

Think of it another way.

If this were a legal case, with 115 charges, both sides would need a long time to prepare their case. That's why it is taking so long to even come to a hearing.

Once the hearing has taken place, it's going to take a while to come to a decision on every one of those charges. That way, there's a better chance of a just outcome than just doing it quickly.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Financial Fair Play is the biggest joke in football.

Designed to appease the big clubs like Barca and Real Madrid. It's no different from the Super League.

How anyone can look at this system, see Everton and Forest punished while Chelsea spend £1bn and City are waiting years for any action and suggest it's fair is beyond me.

Total stitch up.

I agree that it doesn’t seem fair, but it’s not the biggest joke.

A bigger joke is Everton being bought by a Russian gangster, lying about that, spending something like £500m on players to create a worse team, and then trying to sell up before the ***** really hits the fan.

Football is dirty and corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I agree that it doesn’t seem fair, but it’s not the biggest joke.

A bigger joke is Everton being bought by a Russian gangster, lying about that, spending something like £500m on players to create a worse team, and then trying to sell up before the ***** really hits the fan.

Football is dirty and corrupt.
    it makes you wonder how teams coped over 150 years without billionaire owners or human rights abusing countries taking over clubs and chucking millions into teams. Forest managed to win the European Cup twice (cheated out a 3rd) without mind boggling tv money or the cash from a mega rich shipping tycoon!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread explains the Forest/Everton situation

https://x.com/johncrossmirror/status...u62WUfbidLejfg

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    it makes you wonder how teams coped over 150 years without billionaire owners or human rights abusing countries taking over clubs and chucking millions into teams. Forest managed to win the European Cup twice (cheated out a 3rd) without mind boggling tv money or the cash from a mega rich shipping tycoon!
    They weren't cheated out a 3rd it was the UEFA cup they were cheated out of as the ref was bribed.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Think of it another way.

If this were a legal case, with 115 charges, both sides would need a long time to prepare their case. That's why it is taking so long to even come to a hearing.

Once the hearing has taken place, it's going to take a while to come to a decision on every one of those charges. That way, there's a better chance of a just outcome than just doing it quickly.
    Or Man City within 10 years go from pretty insignificant, to the best club side in the world and "there's nothing to see".

That doesn't happen. It's bent and it should be punished. There's no smoke without fire.

They'll get a slap on the wrist at best but I've not doubt at all that it'll be swept under the carpet asap.

Or Man City within 10 years go from pretty insignificant, to the best club side in the world and "there's nothing to see".

That doesn't happen. It's bent and it should be punished. There's no smoke without fire.

They'll get a slap on the wrist at best but I've not doubt at all that it'll be swept under the carpet asap.

You keep saying that but the precedent has been set with Everton. I expect a fairly brutal outcome for City if found guilty.

You keep saying that but the precedent has been set with Everton. I expect a fairly brutal outcome for City if found guilty.
    Let's hope so for sporting integrity's sake.

We in Scotland know how bent the game is however.

Just read they'll get the outcome of the next lot of charges against them this week? For 21/22

Over 22/23 season financial issues for last year, too. Operated with a £89 million loss?

Could be very significant for them at this stage of the season 🤔😳
    Last edited by LewysGot2; 01-04-2024 at 03:37 PM.