hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burnley, Leicester & Leeds quite rightly set to sue Everton for £300m, i said last season Everton should have been deducted points & relegated, Leicester would have stayed up last season if Everton had been dealt with far quicker, Burnley the prrvious season would have stayed up with Everton relegated, they've been at it the last few seasons, they even wanted to buy Gnonto from Leeds for £20m before start of season, 10 points is not enough because it's not sufficient enough punishment, other clubs have suffered huge losses due to the EPL extremely reluctant to cause any disruption/scandal to their precious league.
    If the other clubs were to sue them for the monies you mention above, plus Southampton and Nottingham Forest, could they potentially go bust?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Oh dear, should City be worried? And then who’s next…….
    Nah. English authorities are the same as up here - no interest in going after the big clubs.

Chelsea and City have been doing shady stuff for years and as we sit here today, it's only Everton that are getting any serious action taken.

This is the same football authority that was happy to approve the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the owner of Newcastle after all.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Rangers would be awarded 10 points if we had FFP in Scotland
    *** fans would more rather have FTP

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Nah. English authorities are the same as up here - no interest in going after the big clubs.

Chelsea and City have been doing shady stuff for years and as we sit here today, it's only Everton that are getting any serious action taken.

This is the same football authority that was happy to approve the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the owner of Newcastle after all.
    City are charged with 115 counts but are not cooperating as well as they could be. I'll be amazed if they aren't hammered, they got away with it a couple of years back and I'm quite sure the FA lawyers sharpened their collective minds at that point.

The will win the appeal as the ffp leaked that everton were over by 20 million
    everton had agreed a price of 80 million to sell richarldson to spurs
    But they pulled the plug on the deal
    And everton accepted 60
    Million as they thought the would get a fine
    They thought wrong

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

5 clubs suing Everton and rightly so, all been relegated due to Everton's cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    The will win the appeal as the ffp leaked that everton were over by 20 million
    everton had agreed a price of 80 million to sell richarldson to spurs
    But they pulled the plug on the deal
    And everton accepted 60
    Million as they thought the would get a fine
    They thought wrong

Yeah seems that the Toffees have been well and truly shafted by this decision. Should be able to overturn this on appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    5 clubs suing Everton and rightly so, all been relegated due to Everton's cheating.
    That will be hard to prove though. It's likely, but not guaranteed that Everton would have been relegated if they'd played players on lesser salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    City are charged with 115 counts but are not cooperating as well as they could be. I'll be amazed if they aren't hammered, they got away with it a couple of years back and I'm quite sure the FA lawyers sharpened their collective minds at that point.
    City will also have the best legal representation money can buy.

Its completely wrong but I'd guess they'll get them a lesser charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Completely agree, it's probably the reason that it is taking a while, all of them will need to be on their A game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

Its completely wrong but I'd guess they'll get them a lesser charge.
    The FA will only have to win one of the 115 for them to impose a penalty similar to Everton - the precedent has been set.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Yeah seems that the Toffees have been well and truly shafted by this decision. Should be able to overturn this on appeal.
    I don't often agree with Gary neville but the ffp is a complete nonsense

At this point, you either need to restrict spending to a percentage of turnover, or, just let the mad billionaires spend whatever they want until they get bored and the whole thing collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Would imagine dozens will sue City. Lost cups, titles, European spots. That's real cheating.

I don't often agree with Gary neville but the ffp is a complete nonsense

In what respect?

His argument is that ffp in the Premier league is a nonsense
    When you see what the big two in Spain are up to
    And now we have the Saudi league to which I'm told that they're getting a invite to next year's champions league

If we're at the point where we're talking about clubs maybe suing other clubs for spending hundreds of millions more than they should, because that might have cost the suing clubs hundreds of millions, then anybody who follows clubs in that league and thinks they are the heir/ess to their club's history is having a laugh.
    Last edited by Glory Lurker; 17-11-2023 at 08:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    And now we have the Saudi league to which I'm told that they're getting a invite to next year's champions league

It's all just sucking the soul out of fitba'

First Team Breakthrough The Veteran's Avatar

You've been told?

LOL

The rich get richer UEFA need to take a long hard look at themselves as they have organised their tournaments to suit the big nations. The smaller nations should get a larger share of the pot of money so that they can catch up.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

His argument is that the big clubs (man utd etc) wanted ffp in place to protect them and their status as the biggest clubs so someone couldn’t ‘do a man city’ and buy their way to the top.

He says that’s not what the sport should be about. There should be checks and balances in place to protect clubs from dodgey owners, but to prohibit their spending to the extreme that the biggest clubs are continually out of reach is a crap way of operating.

He’s right.

You can bet your bottom dollar Celtic and Rangers would be the same if we got bankrolled to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Reading yesterday that Man City’s wage bill is over £400million
    Unbelievable amount of money
    City made a £90m profit same year, Mind boggingly though the wage bill is sustainable at that profit level.

Everton are playing well enough to swim clear of relegation again. And the fans have now got a grievance to spur them on to greater efforts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    His argument is that the big clubs (man utd etc) wanted ffp in place to protect them and their status as the biggest clubs so someone couldn’t ‘do a man city’ and buy their way to the top.

He says that’s not what the sport should be about. There should be checks and balances in place to protect clubs from dodgey owners, but to prohibit their spending to the extreme that the biggest clubs are continually out of reach is a crap way of operating.

He’s right.

You can bet your bottom dollar Celtic and Rangers would be the same if we got bankrolled to the title.
    Agreed. I hate all the dodgy owners in football and it's become a vehicle for sports washing and geo political machinations.

But the horse has bolted. No point closing the stable door now. All that does is protect the elite from any attempt at competition. Either football wants the investment or it doesn't. FFP only protects the wealthy at the expense of the rest. It's just another Super League.

Whats the most crazy is the closed club EPL 'rules' allow a £105 million aggregated loss over 3 year cycle... thats not running a 'business' thats pure speculation and rolling the dice to stay in the club... they rolled it once too many times and were almost £20 over the allowed loss.

Every EPL club is playing the game - just some bend the 'rules' too far. llike every other business / person with debts football clubs are going to be in the brown smelly stuff when they have to refinance given current bank rates... look at debts Man U were saddled with by the Glazers. debts which the club has to pay... many other examples. only those who have 'soft' loans will not suffer

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If the other clubs were to sue them for the monies you mention above, plus Southampton and Nottingham Forest, could they potentially go bust?

if the claims by the three clubs i've mentioned are successful then the group that are taking over Everton have said they won't be paying millions in compensation, according to some KC guy they will get the go ahead to claim but he doesn't think it will be the £100m each club, of course if Everton go into Admin then that's another 9 points docked.

they must have thought they were untouchable, they will be forking out a lot in salary alone just for covering Jack Harrison's loan deal from Leeds and also attempting to buy Gnonto from Leeds for at least another £20m...Leeds did them a favour by knocking back that bid.

they're in a bit of a pickle, or sticky toffee even

Quote Originally Posted by The Veteran View Post
    You've been told?

LOL
    Many reports UEFA are considering inviting them because they are now the 3rd "most supported" team in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    At this point, you either need to restrict spending to a percentage of turnover, or, just let the mad billionaires spend whatever they want until they get bored and the whole thing collapses.
    Problem with restriction to a % is the same teams will always win because they turn over more money and therefore can spend more.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It’s an outrageous punishment and should be overturned. Ten point deduction for one breach of FFP relating to costs for the new stadium. Meanwhile Man City have 115 breaches pending - silence. Chelsea have even turned themselves in to the FA for financial doping - silence.

Everton have every right to be outraged. It’s a single technical breach which the FA report concedes was not done to gain any competitive advantage. If punishments are to be proportionate to the crimes, then we will see Man City and Chelsea sent to the National League.

It’s a bizarre ruling, iMHO.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Burnley, Leicester & Leeds quite rightly set to sue Everton for £300m, i said last season Everton should have been deducted points & relegated, Leicester would have stayed up last season if Everton had been dealt with far quicker, Burnley the prrvious season would have stayed up with Everton relegated, they've been at it the last few seasons, they even wanted to buy Gnonto from Leeds for £20m before start of season, 10 points is not enough because it's not sufficient enough punishment, other clubs have suffered huge losses due to the EPL extremely reluctant to cause any disruption/scandal to their precious league.
    I completely disagree.

1, Everton’s net spend in the past five years is the third lowest in the EPL.

2, They have sold players on the cheap and let others go, in order to ensure FFP compliance.

3, the ten point deduction relates to a £19.5 million overspend on their new stadium. This wouldn't have happened at all but for a stadium naming rights sponsor being cancelled, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.I think it was a Russian company.

4, The FA report even says that the Everton breach of FFP gained them no competitive advantage as it relates to stadium costs.

It’s a huge injustice to take ten points from them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875