@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who claimed he wouldn’t play again?
    Mentioned on this thread

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=364541

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Ah - someone blethering and disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-loan-rangers/

Make it happen Hibs.

Van Veen and Vente would be some duo, especially with Boyle and Youan out wide.
    Always rated big VV was champing for us to sign him but think at time Groningen was best move for him make it happen hibs

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Always rated big VV was champing for us to sign him but think at time Groningen was best move for him make it happen hibs
    When the season ends VV will be 33, same age Hanlon is now. Given his age and wages required he is best left alone.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Really don't think a front two of Vente and van Veen would work.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I reckon Van Veen is such a clever player he could make it work with just about anybody.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    When the season ends VV will be 33, same age Hanlon is now. Given his age and wages required he is best left alone.
    Agree. I’d pass.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    A six month loan is absolutely fine for Van Veen. Footballers are lasting longer and longer.

5 goals in 13 (going by Wiki) isn't bad going for KVV if he's been frozen out there. Wouldn't be adverse to him signing but i think another forward is the last thing we need.

Would welcome him on loan until the summer with perhaps an option to make it permanent but at the moment I wouldn't be massively happy to spend what budget we have on striker pushing 33 that's only real successful spell in his career was 2 years with Motherwell (and even then only one of them was the true successful period). Especially considering we have ALF and Doidge.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Would welcome him on loan until the summer with perhaps an option to make it permanent but at the moment I wouldn't be massively happy to spend what budget we have on striker pushing 33 that's only real successful spell in his career was 2 years with Motherwell (and even then only one of them was the true successful period). Especially considering we have ALF and Doidge.
    He’d be a massive upgrade on Doidge, for a start he can score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    ALF and Doidge both contributed well enough early in the season but we need a partner for Vente now IMO. I think it would be massively beneficial to Vente as well and I think we will sign a striker in January for that reason. Not sure it’ll be Van Veen though.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    ALF and Doidge both contributed well enough early in the season but we need a partner for Vente now IMO. I think it would be massively beneficial to Vente as well and I think we will sign a striker in January for that reason. Not sure it’ll be Van Veen though.
    Agree with all of that. I think Vente is class, a decent partner would get the best out of him.

I think we will get either another winger or a CF in Jan. If we don't get a CF Boyle and Youann can do more than a decent job up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    If one has to drop deep which one would too ? .

Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals than us and people want to chuck a load of money at another striker.

Last area of the pitch we need to strengthen

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He’d be a massive upgrade on Doidge, for a start he can score goals.
    He definitely is. But I’d find it hard to see us signing another striker while he is on the books still, so it really comes down to who is willing to take him for the final 6 months of his contract, and I think we’ll struggle to see someone doing so.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more goals than us and people want to chuck a load of money at another striker.

Last area of the pitch we need to strengthen
    Agreed, we could do with a good quality centre half and a central midfielder.

Hopefully we'll see some departures too.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Agreed, we could do with a good quality centre half and a central midfielder.

Hopefully we'll see some departures too.
    I think we will struggle to find upgrades in January, unless we get this mystical influx of billionaire money. Our first eleven is actually pretty decent and we have reasonable option in most positions if we have an injury. With Melkerson set to return I don't see where we are going to sign a "game-changer". Who would you drop ?

We have three goalies, Marshall has improved in recent weeks, Wollacott made one big error..he's young, give him a chance..Boruc has been fine when called upon.
    Centre back pairing have improved game on game - are we really likely to find an ugrade that would slot in seemlessly in Jan ? We have Hanlon and Harbottle as back ups
    Obita and Lewis Miller have nailed down the LB RB slots and we have Lewy in reserve and hopefully Cadds back soon
    Midfield three from Newell, Levitt, Jair and Campbell and the gaffer obviously rates Whittaker too so we have 5 there
    Forwards - we already have four proper first team choices in Vente, Squirrel, ALF ,Youan and Doidge is a decent option off the bench and we have Melkerson and Harry to come back into the reckoning. Landers has been getting on the bench, which would suggest to me that Monty rates him.

Depending on how far away Cadds is, maybe a second choice right back is something we might look at, Lewis Miller does seem to get clattered a lot and is likely to be out at some point but we could play Whittaker or Delferriere there if needed.

It just feels like the managment team is very close to getting this squad to win regularly, we hardly ever get beat and actually I think Monty has been partly responsible for some of the draws by making too many subs at keys times. Throwing more players at the issue, unless they are very, very obviously upgrades won't necessairly improve us. Unless we ship a few out, I don't know where we bring someone in.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I think we will struggle to find upgrades in January, unless we get this mystical influx of billionaire money. Our first eleven is actually pretty decent and we have reasonable option in most positions if we have an injury. With Melkerson set to return I don't see where we are going to sign a "game-changer". Who would you drop ?

We have three goalies, Marshall has improved in recent weeks, Wollacott made one big error..he's young, give him a chance..Boruc has been fine when called upon.
    Centre back pairing have improved game on game - are we really likely to find an ugrade that would slot in seemlessly in Jan ? We have Hanlon and Harbottle as back ups
    Obita and Lewis Miller have nailed down the LB RB slots and we have Lewy in reserve and hopefully Cadds back soon
    Midfield three from Newell, Levitt, Jair and Campbell and the gaffer obviously rates Whittaker too so we have 5 there
    Forwards - we already have four proper first team choices in Vente, Squirrel, ALF ,Youan and Doidge is a decent option off the bench and we have Melkerson and Harry to come back into the reckoning. Landers has been getting on the bench, which would suggest to me that Monty rates him.

Depending on how far away Cadds is, maybe a second choice right back is something we might look at, Lewis Miller does seem to get clattered a lot and is likely to be out at some point but we could play Whittaker or Delferriere there if needed.

It just feels like the managment team is very close to getting this squad to win regularly, we hardly ever get beat and actually I think Monty has been partly responsible for some of the draws by making too many subs at keys times. Throwing more players at the issue, unless they are very, very obviously upgrades won't necessairly improve us. Unless we ship a few out, I don't know where we bring someone in.
    With Melkersen, Doidge and Mc Kirdy coming back and Le Fondre recovering from injury, we will have the forward options covered, although we are desperately thin on the ground up front just now.

Centre half, not so sure. Hanlon is close to the end of his Hibs career, Harbottle has done nothing so far. In terms of replacements and January, who knows, but it would improve us if we could find one who could challenge Rocky for a start.

In midfield, I’d be happy to see Jeggo, Campbell, Delferriere, JDH go, if we could find better. Jair surely plays wide and won’t compete for the central position.

I would agree that we need quality and I think we’ll see movement in and out.

Totally agree with you on the subs/ lack of wins. It would also help if Vente stayed on the field for 90 mins.

@hibs.net private member
    What’s the script with McKirdy?

He was posting on social media about starting up his golf channel a couple of months ago but nothing has ever come of it. Obviously it’s not directly related to football, but it made me wonder if he’s had a set back or if he’s just binned the YouTube channel..

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    With Melkersen, Doidge and Mc Kirdy coming back and Le Fondre recovering from injury, we will have the forward options covered, although we are desperately thin on the ground up front just now.

Centre half, not so sure. Hanlon is close to the end of his Hibs career, Harbottle has done nothing so far. In terms of replacements and January, who knows, but it would improve us if we could find one who could challenge Rocky for a start.

In midfield, I’d be happy to see Jeggo, Campbell, Delferriere, JDH go, if we could find better. Jair surely plays wide and won’t compete for the central position.

I would agree that we need quality and I think we’ll see movement in and out.

Totally agree with you on the subs/ lack of wins. It would also help if Vente stayed on the field for 90 mins.
    We have the forward options covered numbers wise but not sure we have the quality. I think it would be a risk to go in to the second half of the season with the likes of McKirdy coming back as an option. I think if we could rejig that position with players going out for players to come in, we probably would.

Centre half essential for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We have the forward options covered numbers wise but not sure we have the quality. I think it would be a risk to go in to the second half of the season with the likes of McKirdy coming back as an option. I think if we could rejig that position with players going out for players to come in, we probably would.

Centre half essential for me.
    Must admit this is sort of where I’m at.

I fear Monty’s ability to improve players/make them play with more confidence like Jair could result in us risking it with players who ultimately haven’t been good enough for us.

Some clearly have ability, but do they have it to perform for us week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Must admit this is sort of where I’m at.

I fear Monty’s ability to improve players/make them play with more confidence like Jair could result in us risking it with players who ultimately haven’t been good enough for us.

Some clearly have ability, but do they have it to perform for us week in week out.
    Pretty sure Monty will know that and be able to work with what he has until ready to change and bring in better players. Time will also depend on when the Foley cash is introduced to the transfer budget.
    Happy to leave this wi Big Monty for now. Dont think he is the kind of man to take risks he has a plan and will go with it, time will tell if it works or not.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Although hopeful that Melk & Mckirdy can start looking like footballers on their return, if we are pinning our hopes on them for the 2nd half of the season we are in trouble.

Need some new bodies in

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Although hopeful that Melk & Mckirdy can start looking like footballers on their return, if we are pinning our hopes on them for the 2nd half of the season we are in trouble.

Need some new bodies in
    Who is pinning our hopes on them? They both play in positions that where we have good strength.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We are weak in midfield. If that’s not addressed in January I’d be astonished.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    We are weak in midfield. If that’s not addressed in January I’d be astonished.
    I actually think we need 2 possibly 3 new central midfield players that suit the system NM is playing and I don't think we'd change it that much in Jan, we'd need to move on to many and all that rocks the boat too much, I think we'll see a wide man in on loan and possibly someone from his old team come in

Would we go for Baccus as an upgrade on Jeggo? Maybe pre contract for the summer… Younger, more athletic, can score too.
    The player may have an eye on a move to England though.