hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I imagine purely on injury situation as opposed to anything else. If he was to come on loan to prove his fitness with a view to making it permanent then I'd be absolutely fine with that, but as it stands I'd rather look elsewhere to spend our budget than on someone who hasn't played a lot of football the last 18 months.
    This. Signing Kerr at this point in time would be crazy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    As long as we don't invest in more "players with potential". We've enough of them on the books. All our investment eggs for this window should go in the one basket for a player of proven quality, even if it's someone in the twilight of their career, who can bring leadership and control. A Sauzee type. But who?
    Exactly my thinking , with the addition of a Latapy type

a box to box no8 and left footed CB.

I imagine purely on injury situation as opposed to anything else. If he was to come on loan to prove his fitness with a view to making it permanent then I'd be absolutely fine with that, but as it stands I'd rather look elsewhere to spend our budget than on someone who hasn't played a lot of football the last 18 months.
    There's a lot of players who have had this type of injury and came back from it ( shearer , Keane). I haven't really looked into Kerr's injury history though I don't remember him being constantly injured at the saints , I do remember him being a really good defender though . I seem to remember folk wanting to sign is defensive partner mccart at one point who never looked nearly a good when Kerr left .

I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if there was a chance though doubt there would be as Maloney has said he likes him and he's part of his plans . I read he's back training and isn't to far away from making a comeback if the article is correct of course.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    There's a lot of players who have had this type of injury and came back from it ( shearer , Keane). I haven't really looked into Kerr's injury history though I don't remember him being constantly injured at the saints , I do remember him being a really good defender though . I seem to remember folk wanting to sign is defensive partner mccart at one point who never looked nearly a good when Kerr left .

I wouldn't be against the idea of signing him if there was a chance though doubt there would be as Maloney has said he likes him and he's part of his plans . I read he's back training and isn't to far away from making a comeback if the article is correct of course.
    He’s injured again apparently.

I don't think we need wholesale changes to be honest. Our starting eleven should be good enough to win most weeks. Our bench can look a bit weak but we've got the likes of Cadden, McKirdy and JDH to come back in. With that in mind I can see one or two loans coming in to the end of the season to give us more depth but i'd be very surprised if we sign someone permanently. We're not going to waste money, especially after having spent close to two million in the summer.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Keanu Baccus contract is up in the summer. I wonder if St Mirren will try and cash in during January, we were supposedly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He’s injured again apparently.
    I had read he was doing light training and not to far away from a comeback , didn't realise he was injured again though. Injury is supposedly a metatarsal one which was described as a "freak" injury . Out till the new year . If he gets fit and became available I'd still take him . Good player.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/t...y-list.134837/

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Keanu Baccus contract is up in the summer. I wonder if St Mirren will try and cash in during January, we were supposedly interested.
    Seen Monty going over to him for a wee chat after the game last week, wonder if he was having a wee word in his ear.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    There must be 1000 centre halves out there as good or better than Jason Kerr within our budget that have played regularly over the past 2 years that could come in and hit the ground running.

This article says we lost out to Pompey for this player , would have been surprised if we were looking at a winger tbh .
    https://the72.co.uk/2023/11/14/leyto...porter-claims/

I had read he was doing light training and not to far away from a comeback , didn't realise he was injured again though. Injury is supposedly a metatarsal one which was described as a "freak" injury . Out till the new year . If he gets fit and became available I'd still take him . Good player.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/t...y-list.134837/
    If we were to somehow sign him it would no doubt cost a chunk of money in transfer and on wages for someone who hasn't proven hit fitness levels for far too long. It would be a no from me until you can see if he can play games consistently upon returning.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Seen Monty going over to him for a wee chat after the game last week, wonder if he was having a wee word in his ear.
    Probably telling him to stick in and make sure he gets a place in the side instead of warming the bench most weeks.

This article says we lost out to Pompey for this player , would have been surprised if we were looking at a winger tbh .
    https://the72.co.uk/2023/11/14/leyto...porter-claims/
    Why, we've been playing Boyle through the middle and only have Youan and Jair as wide players, we still need someone out wide as McKirdy isn't quoted yet.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Probably telling him to stick in and make sure he gets a place in the side instead of warming the bench most weeks.
    Baccus has started nearly every league game for St Mirren when he has been available. The only 2 games he started on the bench were against Motherwell in Sept after returning from Int duty in the US and against us when returning from the injury that kept him out the previous match.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Why, we've been playing Boyle through the middle and only have Youan and Jair as wide players, we still need someone out wide as McKirdy isn't quoted yet.
    We have a 22 year old winger on loan at Livvy and it was just abit surprising we were linked with another one that couldn't get much game time at MK Dons in league 1 and between Youan , Boyle and Jair with players like Mckirdy and Cadden to come back I wouldn't have thought it would have been a priority . Think Boyle is better on the wing too btw .

If we were to somehow sign him it would no doubt cost a chunk of money in transfer and on wages for someone who hasn't proven hit fitness levels for far too long. It would be a no from me until you can see if he can play games consistently upon returning.
    I doubt we would get him though think his contract runs out June the 30 and probably the time the window opens he could be near back from this latest setback too . Wages would probably be the biggest problem I'd imagine .

I was trying to check up on his injury history when he was at St Johnstone and all I can find is a back injury that kept him out for around a week . I'm not saying we should make him a priority or anything though I think he would be a good option as I've seen him play and he's a good player , knows the league and a hibby too 👍

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-31477421

Wonder if we woukd be looking to take Tullio on loan.

Probably an area we need depth and someone the management team will know well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I like Baccus I would prefer him to O’Hara, be good to know why his move to Millwall fell through in the summer think they where paying 500k for him if we could get him on a free would be a good signing IMO exactly what we need with energy and a bit of bite about him

We have a 22 year old winger on loan at Livvy and it was just abit surprising we were linked with another one that couldn't get much game time at MK Dons in league 1 and between Youan , Boyle and Jair with players like Mckirdy and Cadden to come back I wouldn't have thought it would have been a priority . Think Boyle is better on the wing too btw .
    The winger out on loan won’t be in our plans Just hasn’t been consistent enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The winger out on loan won’t be in our plans Just hasn’t been consistent enough
    Mackay has probably found his level, bottom premier/championship, took a punt which didn't work out, it happens.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-31477421

Wonder if we woukd be looking to take Tullio on loan.

Probably an area we need depth and someone the management team will know well.
    Sincerely hope not.

He would cerrtainly add to the numbers...but not add much to the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Sincerely hope not.

He would cerrtainly add to the numbers...but not add much to the quality.
    Is he that poor?

Remember a few people being surprised at Celtic signing him

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Is he that poor?

Remember a few people being surprised at Celtic signing him
    Wouldn’t say he was a ‘poor’ player, that would be unfair on him.

But I wouldn’t say he would be any more than a ‘squad player’ for us.

Brendan Rogers said he was having difficulty to adjusting to the intensity of the training at Celtic…….and wouldn’t be picked until he had…….if you have difficulty adjusting to the intensity of the training…..dunno how he’d go on match days.

But you never know I guess…..maybe Monty and Serge can sprinkle their magic dust on him….

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...-loan-rangers/

Make it happen Hibs.

Van Veen and Vente would be some duo, especially with Boyle and Youan out wide.

Make it happen Hibs.

Boyle and Youan don't play out wide though all the time and Vente is a penalty box striker imo , is Van Veen going to be the player who drops deep in support of our midfield with his pace at the age of 32 or over ? . Sorry UW I just don't see him as a player we need the way Monty wants us to play now . Good player though 👍

Make it happen Hibs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Shankland to Rangers in January and Van Veen to Hearts, with Budge chucking the rest of the transfer fee income into the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Shankland to Rangers in January and Van Veen to Hearts, with Budge chucking the rest of the transfer fee income into the hotel.
    Sevco won't be paying out much in transfer fees given the state of their accounts.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Looks like the Doidge will never play again for hibs rumor to be untrue

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-squad-4417934

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Looks like the Doidge will never play again for hibs rumor to be untrue

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-squad-4417934

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    It'll be 2050 and Doidge, now a grandfather, will still be sclaffing them in off the back of his shoulder against St Mirren for us. Don't worry.