hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Since his transfer he has been terrible, some dreadful passing today, but weren't they all 🙄

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since his transfer he has been terrible, some dreadful passing today, but weren't they all
    Don’t think the way we play suits him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will have good days and he will have bad days, we just gotta hope he has more good ones than bad, that is why he is at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Don’t think the way we play suits him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope and bringing Jair back in which is a big positive is going to be hugely outweighed if we lose Youan as a threat, which is what’s happening now.

He’s gone from a potential multi million pound player to useless in a couple of months. He’s not a player that wants to be inside the pitch so far from goal.

Great to work with kids and misfits but at this level we need a coaching team who will get the best out of our best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    He was crap today, there's no argument, but he's another being hung out to dry by the formation and style of play.

At his best, and in a style that suits, he's one of our most potent weapons.
    I disagree with how we’re setting up but effort is a minimum requirement. There isn’t enough of that from Youan.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I disagree with how we’re setting up but effort is a minimum requirement. There isn’t enough of that from Youan.
    He hasn’t just suddenly stopped trying since NM came in. It is obvious the role doesn’t suit his game.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    He will have good days and he will have bad days, we just gotta hope he has more good ones than bad, that is why he is at Hibs.
    See this "that's why he is at hibs" argument is tiresome can say thT about Aby player at any club, why is Shankland at hearts ? Why is martial at man u utter nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    He hasn’t just suddenly stopped trying since NM came in. It is obvious the role doesn’t suit his game.
    He went long periods last season without doing much. Is he much different now to previous?

Has never done enough.

I'd say in our league you can have 1 player whose workrate is so poor they are being carried by the others. Any more than that & you'll be punished by every other team in the division

In recent games I'd say we've had 4 whose work rate (off the ball) has dropped a lot

Vente
    Youan
    Levitt
    And sorry to say it, Martin Boyle

We need more from all these players

One way might be 352 to get more in the middle ie
    Marshall
    Fish Rocky Hanlon
    Miller Jeggo Newell Levitt Obita
    Boyle youan/vente

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I'd say in our league you can have 1 player whose workrate is so poor they are being carried by the others. Any more than that & you'll be punished by every other team in the division

In recent games I'd say we've had 4 whose work rate (off the ball) has dropped a lot

Vente
    Youan
    Levitt
    And sorry to say it, Martin Boyle

We need more from all these players

One way might be 352 to get more in the middle ie
    Marshall
    Fish Rocky Hanlon
    Miller Jeggo Newell Levitt Obita
    Boyle youan/vente
    Levitt has never had workrate . It’s unacceptable to even have one player who doesn’t work hard . Your top teams in the English prem , their star players workrate is incredible

I've bever seen a Hibs player give the ball away as ofter as Youan. His workrate and poor possession are seriously beginning to cost us now.

I'd add Tavares to the poor workrate bunch.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally would play Youan off Vente with a bit of freedom. Was surprised Jair stayed in the whole game as thought he was poor. Would have given Rudi a run.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I've bever seen a Hibs player give the ball away as ofter as Youan. His workrate and poor possession are seriously beginning to cost us now.

I'd add Tavares to the poor workrate bunch.
    If you are going to play two centre mids your wide players need to work much harder and be far more disciplined than Youan and Tavares. I’d happily sell Youan if we got a decent offer.

Youan is a striker/ wide forward being asked to play at right midfield, his defensive duties have never been great, it's the top end of the pitch where he's best at.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    If you are going to play two centre mids your wide players need to work much harder and be far more disciplined than Youan and Tavares. I’d happily sell Youan if we got a decent offer.
    What we are seeing just now is that we are nowhere near good enough to accommodate as many players who only want to play going in one direction.

In the current system with what we have available, we have to go back to Campbell playing off the right, we were better balanced doing that (and I’m not exactly Campbell’s biggest fan). It also helps the middle two as he naturally plays a bit narrower a lot of the time.

Trying to play the two out and out wide players and two strikers just leaves us short all over the place and we struggle to actually get them the ball as a result.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This is an extreme, other end of the scale comparison but think of the work that Beckham & Giggs put in as wide men in a 442. That's the mindset needed from our wingers but we just aren't getting it.

There should be no excuses for not working hard

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    This is an extreme, other end of the scale comparison but think of the work that Beckham & Giggs put in as wide men in a 442. That's the mindset needed from our wingers but we just aren't getting it.

There should be no excuses for not working hard
    Those two were played as proper wingers though, they weren’t asked to be in the middle of the pitch when their team had the ball.

In their previous roles Boyle and Youan had no issues tracking back and working hard. Luzern away for example they were defending all night and breaking away from everyone late in the game to get us through.

It is clearly the system and the role they are being asked to play which is holding them back. I’ve been seeing this and saying it since we started playing this way. That’s a huge misuse of expensive talent.

Undoubtedly Youan has the ability to become a very decent player but unfortunately doesn't appear to take instruction or apply himself for the majority of his time on the pitch.

For me he doesn't merit a starting place as his contribution to overall team performances isn't enough the majority of the time. The games where he has been effective are, sadly, far outweighed by poor performances.

He reminds me of Tony Rogier, he's lazy as sin and an attention seeker, thinks more about his own headlines than playing for the team.

For me, until he starts pulling his weight, he'd be getting 20 minutes, off the bench, if he was lucky.

Youan isn't the only one who needs a good boot up the arse either and that includes the manager.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we have too many flair players playing at the moment, our midfield need better quality players who can compete and play both ways, Newell apart we have none.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    See this "that's why he is at hibs" argument is tiresome can say thT about Aby player at any club, why is Shankland at hearts ? Why is martial at man u utter nonsense
    o
    Turn the question round. Why isn’t he at Celtic or Rangers? Why isn’t he at a top English championship club? The answers may well be the same things that some of find infuriating about him. He has strengths, he should be allowed to play to them

He's just no very good tbh. He lacks any sort of composure, his game intelligence is poor. He has the physical attributes which gets him by at times, but he's a poor footballer imo, not someone I'd want in the trenches with me.

First Team Regular
    I think his work rate is actually fine. It’s his decision making that’s the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    He's just no very good tbh. He lacks any sort of composure, his game intelligence is poor. He has the physical attributes which gets him by at times, but he's a poor footballer imo, not someone I'd want in the trenches with me.
    He was doing much better before though?

What you’ve said might have been true for his first few games and whilst his decision making could be improved he was on his way to being a multi million pound player. The coaching team have to be able to get that level back out of him but I think it’s unlikely to happen in the way we play.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think when Chris Cadden comes back he will show us what we've been missing as a right midfielder in this formation.

Works hard, stays wide, good cross, tracks back, doesnt try anything too fancy

I'd also like to see Youan as Striker playing off Vente or Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Daft View Post
    I think when Chris Cadden comes back he will show us what we've been missing as a right midfielder in this formation.

Works hard, stays wide, good cross, tracks back, doesnt try anything too fancy

I'd also like to see Youan as Striker playing off Vente or Doidge.
    We were talking about this yesterday. He’ll be suited to the shape Montgomery wants to play and give the team a better balance.

Yesterday was the perfect example of how you can’t just chuck loads of attacking players on the pitch and think it’ll result in goals.

In a good team, he'd be effective. When the team as a whole is rank rotten, he's a luxury.

Swapping him out for someone a little more effective would have made no difference yesterday.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Since his transfer he has been terrible, some dreadful passing today, but weren't they all 🙄
    He had good performances earlier this season imo. His dip in form has coincided with the change in manager which suggests he's not fitting in somehow. While others like Jair have flourished under Monty, Youan has gone backwards.

Drop in form. It happens. Wouldn't say you can simply say it's the new Managers formation (which folk seem to be focusing on as the route of all evil)

Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    He had good performances earlier this season imo. His dip in form has coincided with the change in manager which suggests he's not fitting in somehow. While others like Jair have flourished under Monty, Youan has gone backwards.
    His lack of form is more of a recent thing. When Montgomery first came in he was still contributing. First eight games he had three goals and a couple of assists. Last eight games there he has one assist.

I don’t think we’re playing in a way which gets the most out of him but he’s not helping himself at times. He’s so inconsistent. Not from game to game, more like from minute to minute.

It's his fannying about with the ball that does my tits in. All he had to do was pass to jair but instead chose to fanny about and ran into three players and lost the ball