hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s rich coming from them… which is about the only way to use the word “rich” in a sentence involving them !
    It sure is. Corruption and other words along those lines. They put themselves on a parapet looking from above with their high and mighty attitudes!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Chris is the journalist.

Brian is the one who can’t wear a belt and a tie on the same day or he’ll turn in to sausages.
    Certainly a contender for post of the year here.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Feel a bit dirty but I had a look at kickback. They are taking this news well.

Chris is the journalist.

Brian is the one who can’t wear a belt and a tie on the same day or he’ll turn in to sausages.
    😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Our chums along the road are. Loads of despair from them about our ***** turnover and breaching FFP rules blah blah
    Anything on there about them buying two scottish cups with someone else's money?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Anything on there about them buying two scottish cups with someone else's money?
    What do you think???

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Always the place to look for sound financial analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Jealousy absolutely ripping out of them. They are beyond parody.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Show me the money 💰🤑

Let's take over Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    A whole new meaning to "Where's Wallace?"

Have Hearts still got that weird cash cow thing at their stadium that they wanted fans to stuff their hard-earned cash into?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble de Thump View Post
    Have Hearts still got that weird cash cow thing at their stadium that they wanted fans to stuff their hard-earned cash into?
    Anne Budge?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Anne Budge?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They changed it, it’s now the money-monkey, James Anderson dresses up in a costume and it’s a coconut shy style thing.

Hit the target and money monkey will drop a fiver in to the pot.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Where I think is irrelevant.

But they finished 9th in the EPL a few years ago. This group took over last year and they are now 17th with one win in ten.

Bournemouths success has nothing to do with this group. They are not an example that can be used to show this guy knows how to run a football team.
    His bank balance shows he knows how to run a business (or two) though, and that’s really what this is about? Or more specifically that he’s good at getting businesses to perform and grow financially.

He’s not going to be picking the team. Why should you or anyone be any more concerned about this than the Gordon takeover? We’re still to learn what the truth and detail is around it but surely we should be looking at it with a sense of excitement rather than concern?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If you're looking for a farmyard animal to insert your "small change" into there is currently only one professional football club offering that opportunity

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Chris is the journalist.

Definite laugh out loud

Anne Budge?
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It is Hibs they are looking at, heard this a while back and they have been doing a lot of due diligence in the background. Been told they were not very impressed with the set up though.

Potential takeover/new investor?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_1875 View Post
    It is Hibs they are looking at, heard this a while back and they have been doing a lot of due diligence in the background. Been told they were not very impressed with the set up though.
    What set up.

The superb stadium including modern hospitality suites and the ability to expand capacity

Or

Our own training facilities

Or

Owned by the Gordon’s and they’ve put a team in place to run the club?
    Last edited by Aldo; 31-10-2023 at 08:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Hmmmmm. I'm pretty sceptical about these arrangements.

Sorry but I'm not interested in becoming a feeder club to anyone or becoming part of any group. We have a long and rich history and I don't want us to lose any of that.

A quick look at Bournemouths league position tells you these random foreign investments aren't always a success.

I'll wait for more details but I'd much prefer we go down fan ownership. Some of the madness going on down south at places like Chelsea and sports washing at the likes of Man City and Newcastle gives me the fear.

Totally agree.

Allowing owners to own multiple clubs creates such clear risks to sporting integrity. Football is getting wrecked by cash.

Enjoy your dream World Cup in Saudi Arabia folks!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    His bank balance shows he knows how to run a business (or two) though, and that’s really what this is about? Or more specifically that he’s good at getting businesses to perform and grow financially.

He’s not going to be picking the team. Why should you or anyone be any more concerned about this than the Gordon takeover? We’re still to learn what the truth and detail is around it but surely we should be looking at it with a sense of excitement rather than concern?
    Football clubs are completely different from any other business though. And English football is very different from Scottish football.

Boehly at Chelsea is a billionaire and has been a disaster. Look at the Glazers at Man United.

I'll wait to see what the details are but I'm not interested in being part of any group, family of clubs or whatever.

I've been critical about this kind of stuff with EPL teams getting bought by billionaires and my stance doesn't change with Hibs.

I hope the guy knows what he's doing, respects our identity and history and we don't end up a vehicle for Bournemouth to test out some players.

Until I hear a lot more though I'll remain sceptical. Others can of course think whatever they want.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Foley is a serious operator. Securing a NHL franchise is no easy task. Nor is it cheap. It cost a £500M fee just to join the league. The consortium also had to fund and build an (incredible) arena.

Since their founding the Vegas Golden Knights have been historically successful for an expansion franchise - winning the Stanley Cup within 6years.

The ownership has been ruthless with management both in the NHL and at Bournemouth. They are willing to invest but demand success.

I think he'd be an excellent person / group to have on board.

What set up.

The superb stadium including modern hospitality suites and the ability to expand capacity

Or

Our own training facilities

Or

Owned by the Gordon’s and they’ve put a team in place to run the club?
    I believe more the people running the club in the background and the use of technology and data for analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_1875 View Post
    I believe more the people running the club in the background and the use of technology and data for analysis.
    Ah right. So they are not happy that we use technology and data for analysis. Why is that. Pretty much every team uses it

Ah right. So they are not happy that we use technology and data for analysis. Why is that. Pretty much every team uses it
    Most clubs will use it, do you think for example the technology and data East Fife has access to is the same set up that Man City have? They have the same resources etc? Course not. They think there is an opportunity to do more.

I like the sounds of this. We clearly have potential to grow as a club and do better on the park- new innovative forms of operation and investment could get us there

@hibs.net private member
    Would we just get a bunch of loan players or are we talking serious investment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Would we just get a bunch of loan players or are we talking serious investment ?
    Probably access to a better scouting network, the potential to invest in players we wouldn't usually have the ability to get with the view of selling them on after exposure to regular European football. I'm sure if they are McGinn types, we would be selling them to Bompey first.

First Team Breakthrough
    Make no mistake, a minority stake is a stepping stone to ownership. This was always the issue with selling to the Gordon's. I didn't think they were a danger to the club, the danger would always be when they wanted to get out and who they might sell to.

We'll always be a selling club like nearly even club in world football but theres a difference between a selling club and a feeder club. When we sell a good young player we've developed it should be to the benefit of Hibs so we can reinvest that profit into the playing squad.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk