hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The soundtracks for Once Upon A Time In The West & The Good The Bad & The Ugly are the best two movie soundtracks of all time IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The soundtracks for Once Upon A Time In The West & The Good The Bad & The Ugly are the best two movie soundtracks of all time IMO.
    I'd throw Once Upon a time in America in there too.

@hibs.net private member
    ... on the same theme, The Big Country and the Magnificent Seven are brilliant. I've never seen the Star Wars movies, but there's some great tunes in there. Also, Jaws - just for the impact of the shark theme to the plot.

If I'm busy about the house or doing stuff I don't want to do, the La La Land and Amelie scores cheer me up.

Kid's TV is probably a whole other thread, but Mr Benn has 2 or 3 great wee numbers in there. The composer, Duncan Lamont (writing under a different name), was a renowned saxophonist from Greenock who worked in the shipyard there when he left school.

Also, Trainspotting and Pulp Fiction. Both great.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    The ending to the Dark Knight Rises.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Hans Zimmers score for Dune is on another level, tops his work on Interstellar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The chimes in For a Few Dollars more beat anything in the Good The Bad and the Ugly.

@hibs.net private member
    This is probably a bit niche, but years ago TV gardener Carol Klein had a series of programmes called Life in a Cottage Garden.
    The incidental music was surprisingly largely selected from acoustic songs by 70s progressive bands, and I used to enjoy identifying the songs.
    I think I was supposed to be identifying the plants.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I think I was supposed to be identifying the plants.
    Robert?

Brassic has had some quality tunes over the years.

Tubular Bells was just right for The Exorcist.

Grease the movie is packed with brilliant sing along songs.

Grease is the word!⁷
    Last edited by BS44; 22-10-2023 at 07:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Hans Zimmers score for Dune is on another level, tops his work on Interstellar.
    The sound design team on Dune too needs highlighting, Denis Villeneuve worked closely with Mark Mangini (Ultimate Sound designer, Gremlins, The Fifth Element, Bladerunner 2049, various Star Treks), Theo Green and Ron Bartlett to give Arrakis a soundscape before the visuals were even looked at, that combined with Zimmer's score makes it almost a unique sonic cinematic experience.

Tarantino is probably the best at picking a soundtrack for films, from Reservoir Dogs through to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood his selection and placement of tunes is second to none. Also a fan of Edgar Wright and Danny Boyle in this category too.

My favourite film score composer is without doubt John Williams, his output from the mid 70s and well into the 80s is an immense show of his talent where he scored almost every top film released. Hans Zimmer is also up there with Williams.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Baby Driver nailed it for me. A perfect blend of action and music.
    Yes

A bit of nostalgia for me Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Raindrops keep falling on my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Yes

A bit of nostalgia for me Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Raindrops keep falling on my head.
    Watch it indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    The sound design team on Dune too needs highlighting, Denis Villeneuve worked closely with Mark Mangini (Ultimate Sound designer, Gremlins, The Fifth Element, Bladerunner 2049, various Star Treks), Theo Green and Ron Bartlett to give Arrakis a soundscape before the visuals were even looked at, that combined with Zimmer's score makes it almost a unique sonic cinematic experience.

Tarantino is probably the best at picking a soundtrack for films, from Reservoir Dogs through to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood his selection and placement of tunes is second to none. Also a fan of Edgar Wright and Danny Boyle in this category too.

My favourite film score composer is without doubt John Williams, his output from the mid 70s and well into the 80s is an immense show of his talent where he scored almost every top film released. Hans Zimmer is also up there with Williams.
    The music in Villenueve’s Arrival is also incredible.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Love a lot of the scores and composers/artists put forward. Clint Mansell is another one who has done numerous film scores such as the Matrix and Lord of the Rings.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Love a lot of the scores and composers/artists put forward. Clint Mansell is another one who has done numerous film scores such as the Matrix and Lord of the Rings.
    First heard Mansell’s work on “Requiem for a Dream”. Outstanding score for an outstanding film.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The music in Villenueve’s Arrival is also incredible.
    And RIP Jóhann Jóhannsson. A beautiful score and also an excellent film, which as you've reminded me of it, I think I will watch again this weekend. I listened to a short interview on NPR with Jóhannsson, at the time of Arrival's release about his work scoring the movie and working with Theatre of Voices to base his work for that film on the human voice which is perfect given the story is on the surface about the interpretation of language. I wish the interview was longer and more in depth but you take what you've given. I usually like to listen to movies on speaker Arrival is excellent with headphones and you pick up some wicked loops and voice licks that don't come across well on speakers (unless you're in a cinema).

Villenueve is so talented when it comes to the sound and score on his films. His work with Zimmer and Wallfisch on Bladerunner 2049 had me on edge for the whole movie, it was almost uncomfortable but added so much to the visuals I cannot imagine one without the other now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    If we're talking about soundtracks that fit to the films, then the soundtrack from American Graffiti is up there with the best of them.