hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Watch offer

Watch offer

Hi,
    Having received an E mail from Hibs regarding a watch offer, I done some googling about the company, ( yes I am a sado). It seems it isn’t a luxury brand after all but a standard quality watch which is being hyped as luxury. The general opinion is that it is probably not worth the money even after the discount.
    This info is from googling only and I have No personal knowledge at all.
    If you are after a watch then undertake due diligence.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agreed, I thought it was a but odd hibs were pumping these as luxury having looked at them.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I know nothing about watches, but I'd be very wary about a discount that large...

In my head a good watch is a £300/400 smartwatch that shows your text messages etc, but I clicked the link hibs sent and thought "yeah, that looks nice actually "... £1,700!

That £1,700 then gets a "hibsfans" (not a secret code, share with anyone) discount of £1,440 and now the watch is £259, including £5 postage.

The whole thing seems a bit strange.
    Mon the Hibs.

These things are always the same. Hibs were trying to convince us Marc Darcy produced premium menswear a couple of seasons back.

It is what it is. These guys put a bit money in the club, we push their bull**** marketing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These things are always the same. Hibs were trying to convince us Marc Darcy produced premium menswear a couple of seasons back.

It is what it is. These guys put a bit money in the club, we push their bull**** marketing.
    Yep and it has been going on for years. I remember getting a watch associated with Hibs (can't remember the brand) from my mum as a birthday gift years ago (potentially for my 18th). I remember taking it in to a jewellers to either get a new battery or a link taken out/added and the guy saying "ah you were one of the ones conned into buying this piece of rubbish from Hibs then".

Probably not a lot different to the guff the shopping channels pass off as "luxury" items that aren't as great deals as they make out.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Not directly related to Hibs selling overpriced tat but has anyone dipped their foot in the Chinese homage watch market? I've got Pagani's and a Steeldive - incredible value for money and look great!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Disappointed in the club being involved in this sort of thing along with that Sportemon Go stuff - the 85% discount is a giveaway that the actual watch is very, very ordinary.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It's like the old watches you used to get on shopping channels. Advertised as being valued at £2,500 but for a limited time only you can get it for £150. You'd have to be a bit gullible to fall for it, but some undoubtedly dom

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Is it rubbish PB?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Christophe Duchamp watches is a company set up in 2020 by a bloke from Surrey. He has invented a brand with a swiss sounding name to try to punt overpriced rubbish to unsuspecting punters. Whilst the watches have a swiss made quartz movement, the watches seem likely to be mass produced in China using relatively cheap materials.

Anyone buying them at full price has been severely ripped off. Anyone buying them with the 85% discount has also been ripped off unfortuneately. For 400 quid you could get a very good automatic Tissot or Seiko instead.

They actually do try to punt them on shopping channels which confirms how crap they are. Like others, i think its dissapointing that Hibs associate with brands like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Not directly related to Hibs selling overpriced tat but has anyone dipped their foot in the Chinese homage watch market? I've got Pagani's and a Steeldive - incredible value for money and look great!
    Ive got a few: Pagani GMT, Parnis GMT Pepsi and a Cadisen day date. All for way under £100 each. They are all really well made and with good movements in them. They look great but I feel a bit dirty wearing them. They are great value for money though no doubt.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Ive got a few: Pagani GMT, Parnis GMT Pepsi and a Cadisen day date. All for way under £100 each. They are all really well made and with good movements in them. They look great but I feel a bit dirty wearing them. They are great value for money though no doubt.
    Nah stuff it I wear them as everyday watches with pride :)

The Pagani Speedmaster homage utterly pi**** over the recent Swatch 'moonswatch'. Materials, movement - every aspect better for 1/3 of the price.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I've got the Moonswatch - really not a fan, feels so cheap so never wear it - so would agree with you there! Not sure it was a good idea for Omega to get involved in that one