hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Scottish referees or other officials are going to Germany!
    No doubt will end up with tickets for the games

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Will you be the one giving me stick ?.
    what’s your view on St Andrew cross flags with club crests on them ? To me that’s more like our southern neighbours than wearing a tee shirt on non match days
    As if to prove the point. Folk WILL give you stick and you will probably react. Best to avoid any grief and have a great time all supporting one team for a few weeks.

Agreed re club crests on flags. Thankfully you don't usually see many and any you do see tend to be wee clubs.

@hibs.net private member
    My wife has been advised not to fly due to a recently diagnosed neurological condition, and said condition has made insurance prohibitive. It will be my front room for me now. I didn’t have any tickets so it could have been worse.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    My wife has been advised not to fly due to a recently diagnosed neurological condition, and said condition has made insurance prohibitive. It will be my front room for me now. I didn’t have any tickets so it could have been worse.
    That's a pity - have you looked at the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam? Get a cabin for the overnight and then get a train from Amsterdam to wherever. Still may be prohibitive for your travel insurance of course.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    As if to prove the point. Folk WILL give you stick and you will probably react. Best to avoid any grief and have a great time all supporting one team for a few weeks.

Agreed re club crests on flags. Thankfully you don't usually see many and any you do see tend to be wee clubs.
    Yeah it's good advice. I haven't been to a Scotland game for years & certainly not an away game so wasn't sure of the etiquette.

Don't want everyone thinking look at that dickhead with his club gear on

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    That’s good going! I didn’t get into the resale portal until around 30 mins after I opened the last time and this was one of the games I was trying for. Fingers crossed for next time.
    I reckon there will be loads of us at that game as it’s a nice localish game for us all to get to before moving on to Stuttgart.

Me and the old man have tickets for that one from the second ballot.

J

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Just a bit friendly advice. Club crests should be nowhere near saltires at a Scotland game imo.
    Living in Gateshead I have a season ticket at Sunderland as well as Hibs. I have a saltire flag with a Sunderland crest in centre for away club games, are you saying I shouldn't be taking to Euros?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    That's a pity - have you looked at the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam? Get a cabin for the overnight and then get a train from Amsterdam to wherever. Still may be prohibitive for your travel insurance of course.
    We were going to get a Europe rail pass but couldn’t afford the insurance costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    Living in Gateshead I have a season ticket at Sunderland as well as Hibs. I have a saltire flag with a Sunderland crest in centre for away club games, are you saying I shouldn't be taking to Euros?
    Just my personal opinion but having an English club crest at a Scotland game would look very out of place. It's the Scotland national team, I can't see any relevance of having the crest of an English club on display.

I'm sure your flag would be unlikely to cause any issues. You're unlikely to come across many Newcastle TA fans. Hibs/hearts or tic/Hun flags are obviously going to be the ones that can cause friction. All just common sense really.

@hibs.net private member
    50 days until kick off!

Scotland '98 top just arrived for brother in law for him going over. Looks great quality (even got the detailing on the button)

Got the new home one today, its a lot better than i originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    Got the new home one today, its a lot better than i originally thought.
    I got the away one for the bairn and myself the other day.

It's really smart up close. I'm not usually one for replica tops but thought it looked smart when I went into pick up the kids size.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I got the away one for the bairn and myself the other day.

It's really smart up close. I'm not usually one for replica tops but thought it looked smart when I went into pick up the kids size.
    Good to hear. Opted for the away myself for taking to Germany… with MCGINN 7 on the back because I’m a big bairn.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wouldn’t imagine so

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Good to hear. Opted for the away myself for taking to Germany… with MCGINN 7 on the back because I’m a big bairn.
    I got the 150th anniversary top with the same. Got it tight when I pitched up to 5s wearing it😅
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Just my personal opinion but having an English club crest at a Scotland game would look very out of place. It's the Scotland national team, I can't see any relevance of having the crest of an English club on display.
    My flag says Tartan Exiles - Bath.

Used to go with a crowd from down south, only two of which were Hibees.

Old group was 2 x Hibs, a Hun, one Celtic and a Pars fan.

A Hibs crest would have looked out of place. We all however lived in Bath.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    My flag says Tartan Exiles - Bath.

Used to go with a crowd from down south, only two of which were Hibees.

Old group was 2 x Hibs, a Hun, one Celtic and a Pars fan.

A Hibs crest would have looked out of place. We all however lived in Bath.

J
    Take whatever flag you want, who cares what The Tartan Army police say.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Take whatever flag you want, who cares what The Tartan Army police say.
    I have been for 20 odd years.

Flags I can live with. Club shirts in Scotland trips is a no-no for me. It just invites aggro.

Besides, we are all there to support Scotland. True, there’s the odd ribbing amongst friends but that’s it.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I have been for 20 odd years.

Flags I can live with. Club shirts in Scotland trips is a no-no for me. It just invites aggro.

Besides, we are all there to support Scotland. True, there’s the odd ribbing amongst friends but that’s it.

J
    Years ago I went to Hampden for The Europa Cuo final between Seville & Espanol I think.

We were sat in an area for neutral supporters and was surrounded by the ugly sisters wearing their club colours 🙄

Has anyone been able to order a decent replica of the 1990 purple training/leisure top? You know the one; it had this multi coloured isometric square pattern thing going on, and there was also a pink/yellow version. If so, where did you order from and what was the quality/sizing like. Fancy grabbing one for the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Has anyone been able to order a decent replica of the 1990 purple training/leisure top? You know the one; it had this multi coloured isometric square pattern thing going on, and there was also a pink/yellow version. If so, where did you order from and what was the quality/sizing like. Fancy grabbing one for the Euros.
    Soccer04 has them.

No idea of the quality of those tops in particular but on the whole their gear is decent:

https://www.soccer04.com/Scotland-c134206.html

Got mine from Fairley Good Shirts on Facebook…decent quality and comes with Umbro tags

Soccer04 has them.

No idea of the quality of those tops in particular but on the whole their gear is decent:

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC1875 View Post
    Got mine from Fairley Good Shirts on Facebook…decent quality and comes with Umbro tags
    Cheers guys

I got the 150th anniversary top with the same. Got it tight when I pitched up to 5s wearing it😅
    😂😂 coincidentally that’s the other new top I’m getting but decided wanted that one plain.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Soccer04 has them.

Assume by the price that these are replica/fake? Decent quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Assume by the price that these are replica/fake? Decent quality?
    I got the new home Scotland one which arrived yesterday and they are good. Got the anniversary one last year and no issues either

Soccer04 has them.

Can vouch for the quality. Really good. Not had any issues with any tops from them so far. All been great

I would recommend that if anyone is going to order one for the euros, do it now. If they get busy can take a long time to come.

'98 top came At the start of the week and the new away one is due to arrive tomorrow. Been roughly 2.5 weeks
    Last edited by Fuzzywuzzy; 26-04-2024 at 12:50 PM.

I get my hookey ones from DHGate.

Retro tops usually tap out at XXL which is like real money Large. Being XL in normal U.K. sizing (not macron and Joma) I go 3XL for DHGate.

Stuff is decent, go for a seller that has lots of reviews and look at buyers photos in the reviews.

I bought a pink Germany away top to take to the Euros from DHGate and it looks spot on. Unfortunately I went XXL and it’s too tight. Have reordered in 3XL.

J