hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Also managed to get 4x €400 tickets for Hungary.
    The website was a shambles. My dad was in the queue and got in to the ticket pages at 10.10, there were tickets for all the Scotland games but 2 clicks later it blocked him.

We already had tickets for Belgium v Slovakia from the original ballot.
    Hibernian Football Club

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The website was a shambles. My dad was in the queue and got in to the ticket pages at 10.10, there were tickets for in all the Scotland games but 2 clicks later it blocked him.

I had your dad’s experience. Git in 10:03 and stuck in the waiting room. There were tickets in all areas, except the Tartan Army ones at thy time. Shortly afterwards there were none. The annoying thing is that the tout sites have a bundle of tickets 🤬

I’ll be enjoying the games in the football zone

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    The website was a shambles. My dad was in the queue and got in to the ticket pages at 10.10, there were tickets for all the Scotland games but 2 clicks later it blocked him.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I had your dad’s experience. Git in 10:03 and stuck in the waiting room. There were tickets in all areas, except the Tartan Army ones at thy time. Shortly afterwards there were none. The annoying thing is that the tout sites have a bundle of tickets 🤬

I’ll be enjoying the games in the football zone
    The amazing thing is that apart from Germany V Switzerland, Scotland games were the quickest to sell out. There is no doubt we are one of the the best supported travelling team in the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The amazing thing is that apart from Germany V Switzerland, Scotland games were the quickest to sell out. There is no doubt we are one of the the best supported travelling team in the Euros.
    We will have a lot there. Hungary are meant to be taking a massive following and Switzerland obviously borders Germany. In terms of ticket availability, I think we’ve been unfortunate in who we drew. Especially when you chuck in the fact we drew the Germans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We will have a lot there. Hungary are meant to be taking a massive following and Switzerland obviously borders Germany. In terms of ticket availability, I think we’ve been unfortunate in who we drew. Especially when you chuck in the fact we drew the Germans as well.
    Yeah defo - Swiss obviously just next door travelling in numbers as you say. Wasn't sure about Hungary (particularly as their national association never took the fans first tickets) but that game had the second least tickets of all games when logging on yesterday morning!

No luck for me either, farce of a system as I was in the "waiting room" for ages before the metaphorical doors opened.

Will be the fan zones for me and my mate.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Who's all going to Germany?

More than 250,000 were in the queue at 11am for tickets at the resell apparently. With less than 40k tickets up for grabs.
    Next sale beginning of May (opportunity to list tickets for resale open again now) but not expected to be many made available

Btw, there’s about 17 of us hibees that are going to Germany, in the WhatsApp group if anyone else is wanting to join….

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fb3zGsdTsNB0zuEmMK0T3P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CallumLaidlaw; 23-03-2024 at 01:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I was chatting to someone last night who said the Germans were estimating about 20k (max) Scottish fans travelling over, but that they have been advised it's going to be a lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think Turkey are expected to be one of the best supported teams because of the ex pat population in Germany. If they end up playing Greece I can only see that swelling the numbers.

One of our groups is Greek and is both excited and terrified by the prospect.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think Turkey are expected to be one of the best supported teams because of the ex pat population in Germany. If they end up playing Greece I can only see that swelling the numbers.

One of our groups is Greek and is both excited and terrified by the prospect.
    I have tickets for Turkey V Playoff winner C which will be the winner of Georgia V Greece on Tuesday. Could be tasty.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    More than 250,000 were in the queue at 11am for tickets at the resell apparently. With less than 40k tickets up for grabs.
    Next sale beginning of May (opportunity to list tickets for resale open again now) but not expected to be many made available

Btw, there’s about 17 of us hibees that are going to Germany, in the WhatsApp group if anyone else is wanting to join….

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fb3zGsdTsNB0zuEmMK0T3P

Nice one. Just sent a request. My Dad and I are heading over. My cousin managed to get Germany tickets in the latest resell. All good Hibees.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I have tickets for Turkey V Playoff winner C which will be the winner of Georgia V Greece on Tuesday. Could be tasty.
    Oooft! That will be a cracker!

I have Slovakia vs Ukraine or Iceland in Düsseldorf. Not as explosive.

J

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    I was chatting to someone last night who said the Germans were estimating about 20k (max) Scottish fans travelling over, but that they have been advised it's going to be a lot more!
    Friend of mine is the chairman of ATAC (Association of Tartan Army Cubs). He has been over to Germany twice in recent weeks, at the invitation of UEFA and the German authorities, along with representatives of some of the other bigger supported finalists. He's done site visits to all three cities, the stadiums and fan park venues, city centers etc to see arrangements. The authorities are expecting around 150,000 Scots to travel and are geared up for it by all accounts.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I know the person you're referring to and was hearing he'd been over, inbetween his media duties! Buzzing to go to my 4th tournament supporting Scotland, but first one thats ticks both boxes of being in another country (I'm not counting England) and hosted by a proper football nation (sorry, France).

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    I know the person you're referring to and was hearing he'd been over, inbetween his media duties! Buzzing to go to my 4th tournament supporting Scotland, but first one thats ticks both boxes of being in another country (I'm not counting England) and hosted by a proper football nation (sorry, France).

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    Haha aye I think BBC Scotland outside broadcast vans are permanently parked in his drive-way!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone else thinking of getting to the Allianz Arena quite early in case there's any issues with it being the first game?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Friend of mine is the chairman of ATAC (Association of Tartan Army Cubs). He has been over to Germany twice in recent weeks, at the invitation of UEFA and the German authorities, along with representatives of some of the other bigger supported finalists. He's done site visits to all three cities, the stadiums and fan park venues, city centers etc to see arrangements. The authorities are expecting around 150,000 Scots to travel and are geared up for it by all accounts.
    I'm involved in a think tank looking at organising events for Scotland fans in Berlin should we progress further than the group stages. We've eyeballed a few locations where we could encourage Scotland fans to gather for where beer gardens, live screening and live music would be on offer. They're expecting a ****load more than 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I'm involved in a think tank looking at organising events for Scotland fans in Berlin should we progress further than the group stages. We've eyeballed a few locations where we could encourage Scotland fans to gather for where beer gardens, live screening and live music would be on offer. They're expecting a ****load more than 20,000.
    I’m thinking there will be at least 20 in the stadiums!

J

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I’m thinking there will be at least 20 in the stadiums!

J
    And at least 5 x that just along for the jolly.

There's a whole generation of Scots who have either never seen us at a major tournament or were too young to really go for it last time (I'm excluding 2021 as all the restrictions meant it wasn't proper). I know guys who are just going because they want to be part of it. I'm not staying in any of the cities Scotland are playing in but I just want to be involved in the experience in a country I enjoy visiting with a load of other football fans.

Obviously the World Cup is another level again but I can remember 1998 like it was yesterday. Running home from school for the Brazil and Norway games then family and neighbours coming round to watch the Morocco game. I always wanted to be involved in it and it's finally a chance to do it. It will be fever pitch at home as well, particularly if we get to the last game looking like we could get out the group.

I can't wait now. It genuinely feels like a party I have waited the best part of 30 years to attend.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's a whole generation of Scots who have either never seen us at a major tournament or were too young to really go for it last time (I'm excluding 2021 as all the restrictions meant it wasn't proper). I know guys who are just going because they want to be part of it. I'm not staying in any of the cities Scotland are playing in but I just want to be involved in the experience in a country I enjoy visiting with a load of other football fans.

Obviously the World Cup is another level again but I can remember 1998 like it was yesterday. Running home from school for the Brazil and Norway games then family and neighbours coming round to watch the Morocco game. I always wanted to be involved in it and it's finally a chance to do it. It will be fever pitch at home as well, particularly if we get to the last game looking like we could get out the group.

I can't wait now. It genuinely feels like a party I have waited the best part of 30 years to attend.
    You are right. I was 17 in 1998. Just assumed I’d go to the next tournament.

It’s funny, there’s lads a bit older than me at 98 going to their first proper tournament and me aged 43 doing likewise.

It will be a seminal moment for a large chunk of our travelling support.

I know loads of family and friends going who rarely go to Scotland games. They just want to be part of it.

Can’t wait!

J

anyone know the crack with the trains? 5 of us based in frankfurt and have tkts for the swiss game in cologne. i heard transport was free with a ticket is that correct?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    anyone know the crack with the trains? 5 of us based in frankfurt and have tkts for the swiss game in cologne. i heard transport was free with a ticket is that correct?
    Only on local trains. So can’t go on the high speed ICE trains.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Only on local trains. So can’t go on the high speed ICE trains.

knew there would be a catch cheers mate

Have a read here.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-...8c0b03-1000%2F

Only local trains from 0600 on match day until 1800 the following day. So if you need to get to the airport or the nearby town you’ll get it for free after the game.

I’m flying back early from Munich so will jump on the local train (outside our hotel) to the airport (44 minutes on the S-bhan).

J

Get your tickets soon if getting the ICE train (which is by far and away the quickest journey) - prices will rise nearer the time.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi all, sorry if covered already . Does anyone have campsite details in Munich and Cologne ?

Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Get your tickets soon if getting the ICE train (which is by far and away the quickest journey) - prices will rise nearer the time.

Booked four 1st class return tickets from Essen to Stuttgart (seats reserved) for €80 a head, bloody great price.

Last time I looked it was full, no tickets available.

Got a ticket for the Switzerland game back in December, but just booked return flights Edinburgh to Dusseldorf (via LHR) and accommodation in Bonn 18th-21st June. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    Booked four 1st class return tickets from Essen to Stuttgart (seats reserved) for €80 a head, bloody great price.

Last time I looked it was full, no tickets available.
    Very good price that

We paid a bit more for returns Cologne to Stuttgart. Was a group booking, quickest trains available though and direct.