hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Bouncing between Düsseldorf and Cologne on dates of June 23rd to 27th.
    It’s worth checking out the Premier Inns in Germany for accommodation,they don’t generally come up on hotel sites such as Booking,hotels.com etc

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    Me and 8-10 pals have booked up for varying lengths of time between the 15-27th. Flying in and out of Cologne from Edinburgh and staying there for 4 nights, Dusseldorf for 4 nights and Frankfurt for 3 nights. Got free cancellation on all the hotels in case we end up needing to shift around.

Like a lot of people I've spoken to, we've hedged our bets that Scotland will be playing in the cluster of 5 western cities (Cologne, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen & Frankfurt). We looked into it last night and worked out the likelihood of Scotland playing their group games in that area.

Assuming we are in pot 2, here's the breakdown:

Group E - All 3 games in 5 western cities.
    Group F - 2 games in western cities, 1 in Hamburg
    Groups A&C- 1 game in western cities
    Group B&D - 0 games in western cities

so there's a roughly 66% chance of at least 1 Scotland game being there.

Hopefully someone else finds this remotely useful

Roll on next summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm flying into HCMC at the start of the knock out rounds and out of Hanoi the same day as the final if you're around?
    I think I arrive in HCMC on 24th June. I then leave from Hanoi 14 days later so I'll definitely be around

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowhibby95 View Post
    Me and 8-10 pals have booked up for varying lengths of time between the 15-27th. Flying in and out of Cologne from Edinburgh and staying there for 4 nights, Dusseldorf for 4 nights and Frankfurt for 3 nights. Got free cancellation on all the hotels in case we end up needing to shift around.

Like a lot of people I've spoken to, we've hedged our bets that Scotland will be playing in the cluster of 5 western cities (Cologne, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen & Frankfurt). We looked into it last night and worked out the likelihood of Scotland playing their group games in that area.

Roll on next summer!
    A2, B2, etc. arent necessarily pot 2. It is an open draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    A2, B2, etc. arent necessarily pot 2. It is an open draw.
    You are right. I’d just presumed 2nd seeds would get A2,B2 etc.

“Teams will be allocated to one of four pots (1, 2, 3, 4) in advance of the draw, in accordance with their results in the qualifying group stage. Hosts Germany are seeded in Pot 1 but are not drawn as they are automatically allocated to Group A. The three eventual play-off winners are assigned to Pot 4.

A further six pots (A, B, C, D, E, F) are required to draw the respective team’s position in each group. Pots B-F contain four balls each to represent the positions available in each group (eg B1, B2, B3 and B4). Pot A contains only three balls for the positions A2, A3 and A4 in Group A, since Germany will occupy position A1.”

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    Booked return flights to Dusseldorf a few months ago, 14 nights.

Have not booked accommodation yet, waiting for the draw in December before booking up, but will likely travel about, depending on where Scotland end up playing.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

me and 4 mates booked for frankfurt 14th june for a week, filghts and hotel for £900

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Waiting for draw on 2/12 and will then have a look. Might be too expensive by then? Just fancy going where Scotland are playing for the experience, don’t expect to get a ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Won't be able avoid it. My "Company" will be providing services at all locations where UK teams play. Just hoping I get the Scotland gig but I think it will probably be a mixture of Scotland, England and Wales if they manage to qualify.

Maybe they'll get you some tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Driving over…Hull - Rotterdam ferry, fortunately I have in-laws who have offered to to put me up in Bielefeld

Oh wow, where exactly?

Some of my in-laws live in Hoberge-Uerentrup, and I've visited there at least half a dozen times. It's a really nice place to live.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowhibby95 View Post

Roll on next summer!
    We’re more likely to be in Pot 3

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    I'm going, if not for all 3 group games, then certainly the first 2. I'm just waiting until the draw gets made. I have a cousin in south-west Germany, so if the first game wasn't until a few days into the tournament, I might have a day or 2 in Luxembourg and then head over to visit him before it. It all really depends where the games are and I am in the lucky position where I can afford to pay a bit extra, albeit not wanting to get ripped off!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Booked up today, staying in Cologne, should be a pretty good base. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    We’re more likely to be in Pot 3
    Looking at the other teams, we probably want to be in pot 3 rather than pot 2

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Oh wow, where exactly?

Some of my in-laws live in Hoberge-Uerentrup, and I've visited there at least half a dozen times. It's a really nice place to live.
    Got family in Steighorst and Sennestadt plus another on the outskirts in Halle (NRW)

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    If we win both our remaining games the we should be Pot 2. To be honest, there’s very little difference between Pots 2 & 3. Pot 2 would hopefully mean we avoid England. That would be good. Canny be arsed with the garden furniture chucking!

If we win both our remaining games the we should be Pot 2.
    Surely we’re more likely to be in pot 2 in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Surely we’re more likely to be in pot 2 in that case?
    Have you seen our record in Georgia and Norway will be no pushover

Have you seen our record in Georgia and Norway will be no pushover
    Have you seen our record in this group? Have you seen Georgia’s record in Georgia during this campaign? Surely more relevant than what our poorer teams have done years ago.

Neither will be pushovers but we are the better team in both fixtures and are more likely to win than not.

We should absolutely be putting Norway away at hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Have you seen our record in this group? Have you seen Georgia’s record in Georgia during this campaign? Surely more relevant than what our poorer teams have done years ago.

Neither will be pushovers but we are the better team in both fixtures and are more likely to win than not.

We should absolutely be putting Norway away at hampden.
    I hear you and we will be favourites in both games. 6 points would be a great return. Clarke will also be desperate to stop the losing run. A lot will depend on how we react to having already qualified. This team does seem to be different but it's hard to shake off the scars from the last 2 visits to Tbilisi. 2 wins would be a massive boost to our seeding not only for Germany but the World Cup qualifying draw.

I hear you and we will be favourites in both games. 6 points would be a great return. Clarke will also be desperate to stop the losing run. A lot will depend on how we react to having already qualified. This team does seem to be different but it's hard to shake off the scars from the last 2 visits to Tbilisi. 2 wins would be a massive boost to our seeding not only for Germany but the World Cup qualifying draw.
    Have faith Fraz 😁 it’s difficult to get used to, I know, but we’re actually a good side again!

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    IIRC after we qualified for Euro 2020, we immediately lost winnable Nations League games vs Israel and Slovakia (or was it Czech Republic?)

Need to cut that out.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Got family in Steighorst and Sennestadt plus another on the outskirts in Halle (NRW)

👍

If Haaland plays at Hampden it's a difficult game, whether he does or not given it means nothing to Norway I'd say a good chance he doesn't.

He is a close as you can get to almost guaranteeing a goal a game, so we'd likely have to get atleast 2 to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Youre not wrong. Italy Croatia and Netherlands looking like pot3.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Youre not wrong. Italy Croatia and Netherlands looking like pot3.
    Wales have taken 4 points off Croatia, wouldn't be overly bothered about them this time round....

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Booked accommodation in Bonn and Bochum nr Dortmund 17-27. Will cover 5 of the venues. 3 of us going. Went to Dortmund previously to see Germany v Scotland. Great country and lovely people. Can't wait.

Will be going with my son.
    Fortunately we can drive to any of the cities.
    Will wait for the draw and also see when and where Scotland and Czech Republic play, before making any firm plans.. Though my boy is only really interested in the Scotland team funnily enough. 😊
    Will be a fabulous experience!

Booked last night. Flying in and out of Hamburg, digs in Essen, 13th to 27th.

me and pals going, we went to Euro 96 and France 98 back in the day together so taking this chance as the next few tournaments for both Euros and World Cup are spread out more. I think there will easily be 70k plus going over for the games. Should be a great party.

To register for tickets for the games, you only have up to 26th of this month. No option to follow your own team though, but if you end up with tickets for elsewhere and want to swap for Scotland ones, apparently they are going to have some kind of process for that to stop the touts. Tickets are to your phone only. you can register for 4 tickets per game.