hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I am the same,I will be based in Berlin still contemplating going to Munich the day of the game,and getting the night train back.But playing Germany Berlin will be jumping anyway,I just feel I will be missing out if I don't go to Munich.I will look at train prices late January and make my mind up then

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With us being based in dusselforf we were thinking of just watching the first game in the fanzone there..
    Is anyone else thinking the same or would you recommend just making the effort and heading to Munich?
    It's a good 5 hours on the train between the two, might be a long journey when there no doubt will be just as many Scots in Dusseldorf

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    We're based in Dusseldorf but heading to Cologne fan zone for Swiss game and wil take in Germany game in Dusseldorf fanzone..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Ideal, least I know there will be at least a couple more like minded Scots in the Düsseldorf fanzone! Cologne will be jumping for the second game.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    We are based in Cologne too, hope to catch some Hibees over there for a 🍻

Based in Berlin 19-24 June so there for 2 Scotland games but too far to Cologne or Stuttgart so fan/bar zones for us

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    Me and my mates have came up trumps for our trip tbh.

Mate stays in Stuttgart so staying with him for free board. Booked tickets to Paris on the 18th then train to Stuttgart ages ago (after the Norway away game I think). Flights were £70.

Luckily we got tickets to A2vA3 in the ballot, which has obviously turned out to be Scotland v Hungary!

When the draw was made my mate used his German knowledge to book a hotel in a small town 20 min away from Cologne on the S-Bahn on the 19th for £40 a night.

Feeling pretty smug that we've managed to get everything booked up plus Scotland tickets on the cheap.

Oh and we also have a couple spares for the Hungary game that we are looking to use as swaps for the Swiss game.

Sent you a PM

First Team Breakthrough
    Booked up for a few nights in Stuttgart. Getting a flight to Basel then train from there 😀

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Still waiting to find out if Wales qualify. Depending on that my work will set up 3 or 4 bases. 2 or 3 in the cities where UK teams are playing and the HQ in Berlin. I've been inundated with invites from German friends to watch the opening game at their pads, but there's next to no chance I'll be able to attend. Worse case scenario I'll be on the road for 4 weeks solid.

Hope everyone has a ball, the Germans will welcome you with open arms.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    3500 tickets left in the SSC.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Category 2 tickets secured for the Switzerland and Hungary games - ya dancer! 🥳🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Quote Originally Posted by Mark05 View Post
    I am the same,I will be based in Berlin still contemplating going to Munich the day of the game,and getting the night train back.But playing Germany Berlin will be jumping anyway,I just feel I will be missing out if I don't go to Munich.I will look at train prices late January and make my mind up then
    We are based in Berlin (fly in on the Thursday and will just train immediately to Munich). Atmosphere night before in Munich will be incredible and the day of the match. We fly home on the Sunday (Berlin) and had thought about spending one day/night in Berlin but decided to stay in Munich for the 3 nights so we can do some tourist stuff as well. Munch hotel prices are very high though and it’s my son and I so can’t really take a risk. Overall trip costing me a fortune but memories and all that.
    Last edited by Col2; 08-12-2023 at 01:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    We are based in Berlin (fly in on the Thursday and will just train immediately to Munich). Atmosphere night before in Munich will be incredible and the day of the match. We fly home on the Sunday (Berlin) and had thought about spending one day/night in Berlin but decided to stay in Munich for the 3 nights so we can do some tourist stuff as well. Munch hotel prices are very high though and it’s my son and I so can’t really take a risk. Overall trip costing me a fortune but memories and all that.
    Hi Col2 I booked Berlin as my base months ago,As I went there on my stag do and always wanted to go back.In hindsight the gamble hasn't paid off,I did look at hotels in Munich but as you say the prices are crazy.Luckily I got great deals in Berlin so happy with that,I will get the train to Munich and enjoy the day of the game have a great time in Munich with your son 👍

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Just booked new accommodation for Bonn. Better location than where I was before. 6 minute walk to the train station then a 41 minute train ride to Colonge Central Station. 19th - 21st. Absolutely can't wait for the Fan Zone and how bouncing Colonge is going to be for the Switzerland game!

Anyone else staying in Bonn?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark05 View Post
    Hi Col2 I booked Berlin as my base months ago,As I went there on my stag do and always wanted to go back.In hindsight the gamble hasn't paid off,I did look at hotels in Munich but as you say the prices are crazy.Luckily I got great deals in Berlin so happy with that,I will get the train to Munich and enjoy the day of the game have a great time in Munich with your son 👍
    Thanks and I agree Munich hotel prices very high. I got us a half decent price but they are going up. Enjoy your trip. Berlin is only 3.5 hours away in a fast train 👍

Is there any way to swap 4 tickets for a Belgium game for tickets for a Scotland game?
    I'm not expecting anyone on here to swap😁

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Is there any way to swap 4 tickets for a Belgium game for tickets for a Scotland game?
    Pretty sure, at the last Euros, there was an exchange scheme for that sort of situation.

Maybe I dreamt it.

If there's not, there should be.

First Team Breakthrough JPrinty's Avatar
    You'll need to wait until April when the resale site goes live. Not sure how easy it will be to sell/buy/swap tickets

Quote Originally Posted by JPrinty View Post
    You'll need to wait until April when the resale site goes live. Not sure how easy it will be to sell/buy/swap tickets
    Cheers, my son has 4 tickets @€150 each and would happily swap them for the cheapest Scotland tickets,

Im flying to Amsterdam on saturday then Berlin on Sunday morning. Few days in Berlin then train down to Cologne for the Switzerland game. No tickets yet but you never know. A few days touring about then back to Amsterdam for flight home. With my son too. As you said...all very expensive...but lifes too short etc. Enjoy yer trip.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Just booked new accommodation for Bonn. Better location than where I was before. 6 minute walk to the train station then a 41 minute train ride to Colonge Central Station. 19th - 21st. Absolutely can't wait for the Fan Zone and how bouncing Colonge is going to be for the Switzerland game!

Anyone else staying in Bonn?
    Im defo looking at Bonn for a couple of nights. Much cheaper than cologne. Dragging my heels a bit. Want to make sure there are late trains back to bonn after game.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Cheers, my son has 4 tickets @€150 each and would happily swap them for the cheapest Scotland tickets,
    He'll easily be able to sell the 4 for the Belgium game. But there isn't a swap option - he would just have to be trying for Scotland tickets like half the country at that point.

Just stick it on twitter or Facebook etc. There'll be a Belgium fan out there somewhere with Scotland tickets.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Just stick it on twitter or Facebook etc. There'll be a Belgium fan out there somewhere with Scotland tickets.
    Risky one that.....how would you know you could trust a random?

Anyone looking at Munich, try accommodation in Augsburg, I was getting cheap prices when I was thinking of heading down. Your only an hour away.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 08-12-2023 at 05:32 PM.

booked 3 nights stay in Stuttgart for the Hungary game cat 2 ticket
    then hopefully if we get into the knockout stages then i will extend
    flights are expensive

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Access codes for GER & *** games arrived at noon. SWI game already sold out. Went to GER fixture but only €480 and €600 tickets available. Tried *** code, none available. Those available must have gone in first 10 mins. Then went back into GER and found only €600 tickets available. Could have bought 2 with the codes but just too much for me I’m afraid !

Hungary remaining tickets and €400 Germany tickets sold out by 12.04.

€600 tickets for Germany still available as off about 20 mins ago.

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar

Did you manage to get any Hungary tickets? I’d really wanted the SWI tickets as have friends in Koln. 😕

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar

My mate managed to get a €400 ticket around 12.20 after hitting refresh repeatedly! Ticket obviously released from someone's basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin911 View Post
    Did you manage to get any Hungary tickets? I’d really wanted the SWI tickets as have friends in Koln. 😕
    No didn’t manage to lost out by I reckon 2 mins 🙃