hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Who's all going to Germany?

OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Me. Booked flights and hotel in dusseldorf. 15th-22nd June from Edinburgh

Yip flying into frankfurt , one way , staying in cologne for 3 days only , and booked 2 tickets in every stadium in germany, lottery if we are successful.
    Booked 2 months ago.👍🏻

Me.

5 nights in Frankfurt arriving for the opening day on the 14th.

Applied for tickets in various cities and will travel to wherever Scotland opening game is regardless. Group of 4 of us travelling together and an informal group of 20 planning to meet up across there. We booked our flights with Lufthansa, Edinburgh to Frankfurt, a few weeks back and a hotel even longer ago. Looking at the prices today I'm glad we took the risk.

Can't wait.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 16-10-2023 at 06:48 PM.

Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the general area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout
    Last edited by SChibs; 17-10-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the General area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout
    That’s a terrific alternative to being there. Great countries and be some quality wee spots for taking in games (at whatever time they may be!!)

Booked up in August in anticipation we'd get there. Glad we did as prices have gone up substantially since. Frankfurt for us 6 nights.

Düsseldorf from Manchester. Buzzing.

@hibs.net private member
    Dusseldorf 10 days. Tried for a few games but if unsuccessful will use the train pass to explore and bounce about fan parks ect. Should be braw

My grandson wants to go but I have no idea where to start 🤷
    Don’t want hours of travelling, trains, planes and automobiles!

@hibs.net private member
    Flying to Cologne on the 14th, staying in Essen until the 26, hoping to see some matches and some gigs.

@hibs.net private member
    Dusseldorf 10 days. Tried for a few games but if unsuccessful will use the train pass to explore and bounce about fan parks ect. Should be braw

@hibs.net private member
    Yes,flying to Berlin going to base myself there 16th to 27th hopefully get lucky with the draw,if not will travel to the games can't wait its been a long time

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

Won't be able avoid it. My "Company" will be providing services at all locations where UK teams play. Just hoping I get the Scotland gig but I think it will probably be a mixture of Scotland, England and Wales if they manage to qualify.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I’m going to Düsseldorf. Can go direct from Edinburgh and you’re pretty close train wise to Cologne, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund and Frankfurt so that’s 5 of the 10 stadiums within 2 and a half hours on the train.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post

From Edinburgh there's direct flights to - Munich, Berlin, Hamburg (easyJet)
    Düsseldorf and cologne (eurowings)
    Frankfurt (lufthansa)
    Düsseldorf Weeze (Ryanair, düsseldorf is a trek from this airport)

If I was going I would base myself in North Rhine Westphalia -Dusseldorf and Cologne are the the best with plenty of eating and drinking options. If accommodation is too much there have a look at duisburg,essen, Bochum. As has been mentioned 4 of the stadiums can be reached by local public transport (1:15 hours or less). Frankfurt and Stuttgart are doable by train.

To give you an idea of how easy it is to travel in this area, I'm staying in Düsseldorf this weekend. We're doing a tour of the westfalenstadion (Dortmund) on Saturday morning, then going to the MSV duisburg game Saturday afternoon and then the Fortuna dusseldorf game saturday night. On Sunday we're going to FC koln v borussia Monchengladbach. Public transport is great there, plus you can crack open a beer and chill

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    We've just booked Dusseldorf from 12th to 26th.. flying from Edinburgh to Frankfurt then train up to D'dorf..cannae wait 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

First Team Breakthrough JPrinty's Avatar
    I'm going to Cologne (direct from Edinburgh) from 18th to 22nd June and have applied for 3 games in the area.

Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the General area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout
    I'm flying into HCMC at the start of the knock out rounds and out of Hanoi the same day as the final if you're around?

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Keith_M;7487879]OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

Driving up from southern Spain with my wife - meeting my daughter and friends in Düsseldorf (likely camp) when they get there from Scotland. Ticket application posted today (UEFA ballot) but I’m also able to buy tickets for any Spanish games. Happy to go to as many games as I can.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Was there in 1974 for Scotlands undefeated campaign. Unfortunately wont manage this time. Had a blast.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    I spent 3 weeks in North Vietnam, loved every minute, such an amazing country ! Its on my list to get back ASAP n explore a bit more of the country, I wanted to do north and south in 3 weeks but the north was so stunning was having a great time so I spent the whole three weeks there.

Few of us staying in a Airbnb in Dusseldorf, I'm getting the overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam and the others booked their flights a while ago.

Hopefully England don't end up in Dusseldorf, got no problem with the English but some of their fans are fuds
    Last edited by BS44; 16-10-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Booked back in March. 5 nights in Berlin from 19 June flying from Edinburgh.

Ramsay Travel worth a wee look

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Me and the old man are going. Been following Scotland since 2003 and this is our first proper tournament.

Will bite the bullet and just fly in and out. Also living in South England I do have the option of taking the car for some Rhur games.

Will wait until the 2nd December when the groups and fixtures are decided before booking as holiday is tight.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I’m going to Düsseldorf. Can go direct from Edinburgh and you’re pretty close train wise to Cologne, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund and Frankfurt so that’s 5 of the 10 stadiums within 2 and a half hours on the train.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    From Edinburgh there's direct flights to - Munich, Berlin, Hamburg (easyJet)
    Düsseldorf and cologne (eurowings)
    Frankfurt (lufthansa)
    Düsseldorf Weeze (Ryanair, düsseldorf is a trek from this airport)

If I was going I would base myself in North Rhine Westphalia -Dusseldorf and Cologne are the the best with plenty of eating and drinking options. If accommodation is too much there have a look at duisburg,essen, Bochum. As has been mentioned 4 of the stadiums can be reached by local public transport (1:15 hours or less). Frankfurt and Stuttgart are doable by train.

To give you an idea of how easy it is to travel in this area, I'm staying in Düsseldorf this weekend. We're doing a tour of the westfalenstadion (Dortmund) on Saturday morning, then going to the MSV duisburg game Saturday afternoon and then the Fortuna dusseldorf game saturday night. On Sunday we're going to FC koln v borussia Monchengladbach. Public transport is great there, plus you can crack open a beer and chill
    Thank you very much for info

Berlin from 14th June. Can’t wait

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Driving over…Hull - Rotterdam ferry, fortunately I have in-laws who have offered to to put me up in Bielefeld

Yes, hopefully. Got friends in Dusseldorf but will be in an Air B'nB, from 20-25th June, jealous of those going for 10 days/2 weeks but having small kids etc mean that option is out the window
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 18-10-2023 at 09:36 AM.