hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Desseldorf will be full of Enhlish
    It’ll be full of all nations tbf. Plenty Scots basing themselves there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fyi for Dusseldorf, a lot of the boat trips on the Rhine have a free bar included in the ticket price

I'm not overly worried about English fans tbh.

We are based in Frankfurt and leave a couple of days before their 2nd game which takes place there, I daresay there will be a bit of an overlap.

I was in France at the time of the Euros in 2016 when England and Russia had the battle in Marseille. We traveled from my mates in Montpellier by train and it was full of English fans. We are both Scottish and the banter was good natured and the vast majority of the guys there just seemed like ordinary guys following their team. There was one obnoxious prick who was noising up a table of French students and just generally trying to be the big man. He stood out because he was very much a lone wolf.

Of course there will be a few idiots, I daresay in a fanzone on opening night with 100K Germans for company there will be a few idiots as well. I'm fairly comfortable about the whole thing tbh.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not overly worried about English fans tbh.

We are based in Frankfurt and leave a couple of days before their 2nd game which takes place there, I daresay there will be a bit of an overlap.

I was in France at the time of the Euros in 2016 when England and Russia had the battle in Marseille. We traveled from my mates in Montpellier by train and it was full of English fans. We are both Scottish and the banter was good natured and the vast majority of the guys there just seemed like ordinary guys following their team. There was one obnoxious prick who was noising up a table of French students and just generally trying to be the big man. He stood out because he was very much a lone wolf.

Of course there will be a few idiots, I daresay in a fanzone on opening night with 100K Germans for company there will be a few idiots as well. I'm fairly comfortable about the whole thing tbh.
    Frankfurt also but we leave day after England Denmark so considering options for that day. 😊 Have tickets for Swiss game in Cologne couple of days before that.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    We originally booked Essen as our base for the tournament but got wind of it being a bit of a hub for English fans. We've since changed plan to Mannheim. I'm sure there will be English everywhere but the thought of being in the middle of some garden furniture chucking contest doesn't exactly appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Fyi for Dusseldorf, a lot of the boat trips on the Rhine have a free bar included in the ticket price
    Very interesting. Any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    Very interesting. Any links?
    It might be this one, because this is advertised on the site as being all inclusive, and the boats look familiar:

https://www.w-flotte.de/

It was a few years ago when I did it, and it cost about 10 euros less then. But it was about 3 euros a drink in the altstadt so we worked out if we had 6 beers then the ticket for the trip was essentially free. We managed to 7 so actually made money

We did one that went down the river and to an island or park and came back, lasted about 2 and a half hours. But it's also just a nice thing to do on a sunny day

It might be this one, because this is advertised on the site as being all inclusive, and the boats look familiar:

https://www.w-flotte.de/

It was a few years ago when I did it, and it cost about 10 euros less then. But it was about 3 euros a drink in the altstadt so we worked out if we had 6 beers then the ticket for the trip was essentially free. We managed to 7 so actually made money

We did one that went down the river and to an island or park and came back, lasted about 2 and a half hours. But it's also just a nice thing to do on a sunny day
    Thanks. Will take a look. Will be a nice way to fill some time

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Any you guys watching the first game in dusseldorf rather than making the trip down to Munich?
    Yep,based in D'dorf and will be in Der fanzone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    in case anyone is looking for S04

it's back to S03 again, for now

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Yep,based in D'dorf and will be in Der fanzone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Ideal! I think there will be a few who won't bother making the trip down to Munich, a lot will base themselves in and around dusselforf with the second match being in cologne.

anyone based in frankfurt? looking for some scotland fans to watch the germany gamel

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    anyone based in frankfurt? looking for some scotland fans to watch the germany gamel
    Me.

Group of 4 of us flying in on the Lufthansa flight on the Friday.

No firm plans yet on where we are watching, hoping to get a wee group together on the plane tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Me.

Group of 4 of us flying in on the Lufthansa flight on the Friday.

No firm plans yet on where we are watching, hoping to get a wee group together on the plane tbh.
    5 in our group arrive on the Friday also.. hopefully find a Scotland friendly boozer

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Back in 2006 was there just the one screen on the Gate? The main thing I would be worried about would be actually being able to watch the game.

And what was the vibe like towards supporters of the team playing against Germany? I've watched a few games in Germany now, when Anya scored in Dortmund I was in the German end, which he scored into, and one of their supporters tapped me on the shoulder so he could shake my hand, but likewise when I was with some Gladbach supporters I encountered some right ********s from the Dortmund supporters (although obvs club football is different).

I know there will be other Scots in Berlin, but not sure how many given our games are in the west. I'm assuming most Scots watching in Berlin might be folk who live there? So I expect to be very very much in the minority, but a vocal minority!
    Think of the Mall in London, all cordoned off with street bars and food stalls either side of the road and large TV screens along the route and you'll not be far off. The fan mile runs from the Siegessäule to the Brandenburg Gate with a wooded park either side of the road. It'll be mobbed when Germany or Turkey play, otherwise I doubt it will be filled to capacity most other days.

In 2006 I didn't witness any real antisocial behaviour but there were reports of incidents in and around the area in the press. But with that amount of people and alcohol in play, you'll always get some idiots.

I work pretty much directly at the Brandenburg Gate and will definitely take in some games there if I'm not actually at the games where England and Scotland are playing.

Enjoy yourself and if you behave we likely won't bump into each other.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Has anyone experience in selling euros tickets? Have some for Denmark England and considering punting them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Has anyone experience in selling euros tickets? Have some for Denmark England and considering punting them.
    I’ve been considering the same.

Doesn’t really sit right with me to rip people off but I have England V Serbia tickets. If I could sell them for over the odds and buy Scotland V Switzerland tickets for over the odds off the money then id consider it.

Like you though, I’ve no idea how to go about it. I don’t even know what form the ticket will come in/will ID need presented with the ticket etc so wouldn’t want to commit to selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    We originally booked Essen as our base for the tournament but got wind of it being a bit of a hub for English fans. We've since changed plan to Mannheim. I'm sure there will be English everywhere but the thought of being in the middle of some garden furniture chucking contest doesn't exactly appeal.
    Ah ****, is this true?

We are booked there for the second game because it’s so close to Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    Ah ****, is this true?

We are booked there for the second game because it’s so close to Cologne.

There will be folk from all nations everywhere. You’ll be able to avoid England fans

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

Doesn’t really sit right with me to rip people off but I have England V Serbia tickets. If I could sell them for over the odds and buy Scotland V Switzerland tickets for over the odds off the money then id consider it.

Like you though, I’ve no idea how to go about it. I don’t even know what form the ticket will come in/will ID need presented with the ticket etc so wouldn’t want to commit to selling.
    Tickets will be available via an app on the day within an area around the stadium, with Bluetooth switched on (?!?).

I believe you can 'transfer' tickets to another person's app ahead of the games though. So I think that would sort getting the ticket to a buyer.

Anyone know of a good place to sell England tickets?

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Tickets will be available via an app on the day within an area around the stadium, with Bluetooth switched on (?!?).

I believe you can 'transfer' tickets to another person's app ahead of the games though. So I think that would sort getting the ticket to a buyer.

Anyone know of a good place to sell England tickets?
    Have you looked into https://www.ticombo.com/en?

Think that's where I'll be putting my final tickets if England end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Although you can get a €49 a month travel pass that is valid around the whole country.

would the€49 ticket work from and back to Munich Airport and during the 4 days im in munich?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

I’m sure there was meant to be some sort of official ticket swap system happening? Not sure if it’s happened though- might have been ideal for you!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    would the€49 ticket work from and back to Munich Airport and during the 4 days im in munich?
    Yeah well do from the airport which is easy to get to by train. It'll also do all overground and underground in the city. You can use it to get to other German cities as long as you don't use the high speed trains

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Yeah well do from the airport which is easy to get to by train. It'll also do all overground and underground in the city. You can use it to get to other German cities as long as you don't use the high speed trains
    Cheers for that m8.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I’m sure there was meant to be some sort of official ticket swap system happening? Not sure if it’s happened though- might have been ideal for you!
    There was an official resale platform that was a hot pile of ***** but there's no swap platform.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    There was an official resale platform that was a hot pile of ***** but there's no swap platform.
    Aye they didn’t word it well at all. The platform didn’t work great but I guess there were millions trying to get tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Have you looked into https://www.ticombo.com/en?

Think that's where I'll be putting my final tickets if England end up there.
    I hadn't, thanks for this.