hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Does anyone know the best way to get from the Olympic Park fanzone in Munich to the stadium? Sure i read somewhere there would be shuttle buses but not sure if this is just for the locals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take whatever flag you want, who cares what The Tartan Army police say.
    I'll be taking the Hibs top with me like, won't wear it when Scotland are playing but I might well wear it to the France V Austria game, got to represent the Hibs in some way.

@hibs.net private member
    Always assumed it was weirdo behaviour to wear club gear away to see Scotland but not sure.

I've heard from a few people that Gary lock had hearts gear at France 98 and got demolished for it the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Contador View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to get from the Olympic Park fanzone in Munich to the stadium? Sure i read somewhere there would be shuttle buses but not sure if this is just for the locals.
    Shuttle buses not been confirmed yet, also a proposal for shuttles from a separate Scotland fan meeting point.
    Last edited by JasonC1875; Today at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    Take whatever flag you want, who cares what The Tartan Army police say.
    Tartan Army "police" as you call them are just football fans who have kept fans from different clubs from clashing at games for years, For a few days fans should drop their club allegiance and support Scotland.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    IMO it’s just a bit neddy to wear your club shirt in general outside of either your club’s match day, or playing 5s, or of course if you’re a kid. It’s super cringeworthy seeing football tops on a Ryanair flight to Tenerife and even worse when you’re there.

If you’re in Germany to support Scotland, support Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    IMO it’s just a bit neddy to wear your club shirt in general outside of either your club’s match day, or playing 5s, or of course if you’re a kid. It’s super cringeworthy seeing football tops on a Ryanair flight to Tenerife and even worse when you’re there.

If you’re in Germany to support Scotland, support Scotland.
    Exactly.

In the nicest possible way nobody cares what club team you support. Keep that stuff away from Scotland games.

If someone wants to wear a club top then that's on them and I'm certainly not going to pull them up about it.

For me though it's not a club trip. I'm doing the football with guys I don't normally get the chance to because we support different teams. For a week we all support the same team and I'm treating the week accordingly. I don't expect any of them to be parading about in a St Johnstone, Raith Rovers or Celtic top so I won't wear a Hibs top. I want to drink with people without all the parochial and tribal stuff that comes with club football. If a guy is swanning about in a Hearts top then it instantly puts a divide in place that doesn't need to be there.

I'm just not convinced a Scotland trip is the place for club colours regardless of the club.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; Today at 08:23 AM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Wearing club colours at an international game is like wearing your trunks on a nudist beach, you'll look a bit weird and people will question your motivation for being there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Wearing club colours at an international game is like wearing your trunks on a nudist beach, you'll look a bit weird and people will question your motivation for being there.
    What questions did they ask you on the beach ?

Asking for a friend