hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    No access to pitlochry from the south, the river Tummel is right across the road. Aberfeldy caravan park under 1m of water. Lots of roads closed up here.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No access to pitlochry from the south, the river Tummel is right across the road. Aberfeldy caravan park under 1m of water. Lots of roads closed up here.
    I forgot to mention that the only supermarket, the coop was flooded so nowhere to get food shopping.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I forgot to mention that the only supermarket, the coop was flooded so nowhere to get food shopping.
    That’s up a hill as well, was it water coming down the hill that caused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    That’s up a hill as well, was it water coming down the hill that caused it?
    The Moulin Burn runs underneath the store room at the back, it goes underground between the town hall and church and comes back out on the other side of the coop. The building used to be a mill and used the water for power. I remember a previous time it was flooded before work was done to reduce the impact from the burn overflowing with boxes of whisky and other stuff floating down the road.

Gamer IDs

The Moulin Burn runs underneath the store room at the back, it goes underground between the town hall and church and comes back out on the other side of the coop. The building used to be a mill and used the water for power. I remember a previous time it was flooded before work was done to reduce the impact from the burn overflowing with boxes of whisky and other stuff floating down the road.
    Ah, didn’t realise the burn was underneath - but it does explain the name of the Old Mill pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Ah, didn’t realise the burn was underneath - but it does explain the name of the Old Mill pub.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    6 out of how many?

I'm not sure why that matters. The fact that a number of games, mostly on the east coast, were cancelled kind of shows that the OP was asking a reasonable question.

I'm delighted that in the end our game wasn't one of those, given the distance I traveled, but it was a concern for a while.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm not sure why that matters. The fact that a number of games, mostly on the east coast, were cancelled kind of shows that the OP was asking a reasonable question.

I'm delighted that in the end our game wasn't one of those, given the distance I traveled, but it was a concern for a while.
    Because the posters you questioned said it wasn't a big issue, 6 games out of how ever many hundred shows that for football games it wasn't a big deal, travel etc was quite clearly another issue for some

Gamer IDs

Because the posters you questioned said it wasn't a big issue, 6 games out of how ever many hundred shows that for football games it wasn't a big deal, travel etc was quite clearly another issue for some
    By saying however many hundred, we must be including matches on local parks. I know of four of those which were cancelled this weekend, and another which was moved to a 3G surface. Including all matches in Scotland, there were a lot more than six called off because of the weather.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I’ve had a quick look over the leagues down as far as the juniors and it looks like 50 games were postponed although I can’t see the lowland league for some reason. Doesn’t sound like a big deal right enough but as I touched on earlier seems a bit strange to be as vocal as you are about it. It’s a fitba message board and rightly discussed. It doesn’t amount to a whole hill of beans too be honest. It really isn’t a big deal.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I’ve had a quick look over the leagues down as far as the juniors and it looks like 50 games were postponed although I can’t see the lowland league for some reason. Doesn’t sound like a big deal right enough but as I touched on earlier seems a bit strange to be as vocal as you are about it. It’s a fitba message board and rightly discussed. It doesn’t amount to a whole hill of beans too be honest. It really isn’t a big deal.
    I've hardly said a word about it so not been vocal at all thanks, in fact, I think you have said more in this one post than I have