hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeggy Jimmo

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've liked him since he arrived and I just couldn't understand the excessive criticism he was getting.
    This.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He's been disappointing of late, I mean, when's the last time he was booked????

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Think a lot of players will flourish under Monty, looking forward to when Dylan Levitt returns from injury
    I cant wait till Melkerson gets back in January - I think we have seen enough of the recruitment team to know they have picked up some great players with resources we have... I just can't believe we have seen anything near what he is capable of and led to his recruitment to be seen as a bit of a coup

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Up-the-slope View Post
    I cant wait till Melkerson gets back in January - I think we have seen enough of the recruitment team to know they have picked up some great players with resources we have... I just can't believe we have seen anything near what he is capable of and led to his recruitment to be seen as a bit of a coup
    Yeah, he is another one who I think Monty is more than likely to get a tune out off, not really followed how he is getting on but January is not far off and all these players could feel like new signings

I was delighted when we signed Levitt and a combination of getting played out of position and then his injury didn't do us any favours, no way have we seen the best of him yet.

Jimmy Jeggo is the unsung hero in the middle of the park, even Joe Newell pointed it out !

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I still don’t see a Lego Jimmy Jeggo in the club shop.
    Sold out . They don’t last long on the shelves

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post

Can't say I'm all that keen on his hair.

Glad Jeggo is getting the recognition he finally deserves. We were better with him in the team under LJ and now him and Newell are our best midfield 2 under NM. He’s no world beater but he’s a solid pro who understands his position, does the basics well and allows the better players to go and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I still don’t see a Lego Jimmy Jeggo in the club shop.
    When he’s in defence mode, everybody and their friends know you canny meg a Lego Jimmy Jeggo - especially with his legs closed.

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    Jeggo looks a different player under Montgomery, biggest improvement has been his passing, another solid game today and a cheeky edge of the box bicycle kick attempt 😁.

Another good outing. 👏

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Best game in a Hibs strip. Can’t believe the sponsors gave the MOTM award to Newell. Joe had an ok game, but Jimmy was everywhere

Did his job well again. But we need to change up against teams like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Best game in a Hibs strip. Can’t believe the sponsors gave the MOTM award to Newell. Joe had an ok game, but Jimmy was everywhere
    And they played side by side - so an easy enough comparison. Someone obviously wanted to meet Joe.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wasn't even close eh? Jeggo was brilliant today. Newell was fine.

Jeggo's best game for me, and clear man of the match.

Played very well again today for me and looks to be a key player for us under Monty.

@hibs.net private member
    Only saw the first half and thought Jeggo was a weak link. But can’t speak for the 2nd half in which I assume he was far better. But fundamentally I don’t think the guy is a good footballer.

I was impressed with Miller who is aggressive and takes responsibility. He knows how to mix it a bit and can play a bit too.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    I thought Jeggo played well. Falling back into defence when required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Only saw the first half and thought Jeggo was a weak link. But can’t speak for the 2nd half in which I assume he was far better. But fundamentally I don’t think the guy is a good footballer.

I was impressed with Miller who is aggressive and takes responsibility. He knows how to mix it a bit and can play a bit too.
    Think he has been good recently personally thought he was better than Newell today

Jimmy was fine today, its a squad game, Montyball we love it.

He's a much better passer than he was initially given credit for. Nothing wildly creative, but he's good and brave enough to fire in it into feet and break through whatever press an opposition have.

A good part of the team at the moment.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think he has been good recently personally thought he was better than Newell today
    Absoluteiy. I thought Newell was poor today in the main.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Definitely better than Newell and had another good game. I’d have preferred Levitt coming on for Vente and keeping Jeggo on.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Absoluteiy. I thought Newell was poor today in the main.
    He was

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Definitely better than Newell and had another good game. I’d have preferred Levitt coming on for Vente and keeping Jeggo on.
    Agree Vente should have been subbed he was knackered. Would have brought Campbell on for his running near the end.

It's a conundrum for Monty if he wants to go with only 2 in the middle. Jeggo was ok today but when Levitt came on you saw the quality he offers in possession. He always wanted the ball and generally did something positive with it. For all Jeggo has improved his all round game in recent weeks he doesn't offer anything like as much in a creative sense as Levitt.

Long term I think it will be Levitt and Newell as the middle two with Jeggo coming on to shore things up or starting when we need to switch it up and put another body in there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a conundrum for Monty if he wants to go with only 2 in the middle. Jeggo was ok today but when Levitt came on you saw the quality he offers in possession. He always wanted the ball and generally did something positive with it. For all Jeggo has improved his all round game in recent weeks he doesn't offer anything like as much in a creative sense as Levitt.

Long term I think it will be Levitt and Newell as the middle two with Jeggo coming on to shore things up or starting when we need to switch it up and put another body in there.
    Agreed, but I think if we had Levitt on with Newell at the start, we'd have been overwhelmed totally in the midfield. Jeggo was essential today, I think, at least in a formation where he had two wingers. But it was a good move to bring Levitt on later when legs tired and play was stretched and where he had more opportunity to pass and run.

I love the nads on Monty, though some of the formations are a little scary.

Jeggo has an important role in Monty’s team and does the job well. However, Levitt looked the part when he came on and give both an option and a headache.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

Jeggo was much better than Newell today, who was probably our real weak link.