hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dylan Levitt.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Liked what I saw from Levitt, particularly his ability to pass through the opposition midfield and into space. When his fitness is up to speed it might be time to see what a pairing with Jeggo looks like.

Newell has been good in lots of games this season, but more so in Europe than the league IMO. I think his form has also been declining recently and he wasn’t at it yesterday.

A midfield two of Levitt & Newell could work, but with two strikers, Boyle & Youan a Jeggo type is probably needed. For all Newell has improved his consistency in the last 6-12 months, I think Levitt is better at passing forward and into space. Though still to be seen if he would be an improvement alongside Jeggo over Newell.
    I'd like to know the stats but I guess Newell won the ball back more than Jeggo yesterday and was better defensively along with being a country mile better when we have the ball. I thought he had a decent game overall with most of the good play in the second half. Jeggo has been playing much better in recent weeks but to me he is still poor when we have the ball. I'd play Levitt alongside Newell and Jeggo and lose one of the forward players.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Thought Levitt was good yesterday. Really looking forward to seeing more of him. Let's be honest, it'll be Newell and Levitt if anything and rightly so. Monty has given Newell the captaincy when Hanlon isn't playing, so clearly rates him highly.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'd like to know the stats but I guess Newell won the ball back more than Jeggo yesterday and was better defensively along with being a country mile better when we have the ball. I thought he had a decent game overall with most of the good play in the second half. Jeggo has been playing much better in recent weeks but to me he is still poor when we have the ball. I'd play Levitt alongside Newell and Jeggo and lose one of the forward players.
    I agree, our two central midfielders are having to do the work of three too much and against the better teams we do struggle in midfield.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I really like Levitt, he’s a player i want to watch every week and he’s a player good enough to start for us.

I think Jeggo is the one to make way, we saw against Luzern - particularly at Easter Rd - how effective Newell and Levitt can be together. They were immense that night, a midfield performance that had shades of McGinn and McGeouch.

We’d lose some of what Jeggo offers but Levitt’s good at the defensive side as well, with the benefit of being significantly better on the ball.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

The game has changed and ‘starting’ isn’t such a big deal these days for coaches, and I suspect, players. They have to be fit to go for 100 mins but half of them won’t hit that game time. They will all be needed though, that’s for sure.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I really like Levitt, he’s a player i want to watch every week and he’s a player good enough to start for us.

I think Jeggo is the one to make way, we saw against Luzern - particularly at Easter Rd - how effective Newell and Levitt can be together. They were immense that night, a midfield performance that had shades of McGinn and McGeouch.

We’d lose some of what Jeggo offers but Levitt’s good at the defensive side as well, with the benefit of being significantly better on the ball.
    What about Jeggo Levitt and Newell?

Levitt played as a sitting midfielder further back when he first arrived and I wasn’t convinced

Looked class on Saturday playing slightly further forward threading through his precision balls his passing was perfection and never wasted a ball

More what I was expecting when he arrived from United

We could also drop Youan or Boyle back and go to a 4-4-2 or change to a 4-3-3 depending on the opposition

We definitely had our work cut out on Saturday in midfield

Going to need them all anyway including Josh and JDH
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 08-10-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I think he’ll work his way in to the team after the international break.

Jeggo has been doing well just now but reckon we’ll see a bit more of Levitt from the bench against Rangers and Celtic then he’ll get his chance against Ross County at home in the week leading up to the semi final. Once he’s in, I think he’ll go on to make a place his own.

Think it’s a fitness thing as much as anything. Hopefully he can get some minutes when away with Wales.

First Team Breakthrough

Me too!

Ground duels won :,

Newell 7

Jeggo 2,

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought Jeggo was miles off Lowry yesterday. He was just too far back most of the time. Levitt would definitely improve the team.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    What about Jeggo Levitt and Newell?

Levitt played as a sitting midfielder further back when he first arrived and I wasn’t convinced

Looked class on Saturday playing slightly further forward threading through his precision balls his passing was perfection and never wasted a ball

More what I was expecting when he arrived from United

We could also drop Youan or Boyle back and go to a 4-4-2 or change to a 4-3-3 depending on the opposition

We definitely had our work cut out on Saturday in midfield

Going to need them all anyway including Josh and JDH

Will be interesting to see if Monty remains wedded to his 4-2-2-2 or is willing to change things. We will be playing against 3 man midfields more often than not.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Thought Jeggo was miles off Lowry yesterday. He was just too far back most of the time. Levitt would definitely improve the team.
    We were outnumbered in midfield. Lowry was able to get behind both centre mids frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Monty remains wedded to his 4-2-2-2 or is willing to change things. We will be playing against 3 man midfields more often than not.
    Thanks

I was trying to think how Monty currently lines us up and that sounds more like it

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

You would think he will need to , at least from time to time. Fastly becomes predictable if your setup isnt at least slightly flexible.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Ground duels won :,

Newell 7

Jeggo 2,
    Cheers, that is certainly how I viewed the match. I like Newell though and don't rate Jeggo so that bias is inbuilt. Newell is actually really good at teh dirty side of teh game, far better than he gets credit for and he is always ready to take a card for the team. Jeggo does a job but I would far rather have Levitt in his place or perhaps alongside

Can or has Levitt ever played as a 10?
    Slight change to a 4231 could work if so.

It’s not hugely different to how we’re playing now with one of the strikers dropping off.

Failing that 433 would be my choice.
    I just don’t see a 442 working in the big games unless we don’t want to have the ball and just play on the counter.

Simply put he’s a better footballer than Jeggo, but Jeggo is better defensively
    Joe and levitt in games we should be dominating, Joe and Jimmy against the old firm is the way I’d be going