hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan Levitt.

Dylan Levitt.

On the bench last 2 weeks but not got any minutes.

Anyone know what the deal is with him?

Easing him back in slowly? Jeggo and Newell doing well or Montgomery not as keen? (Doubt it though)

2. Log in to remove the advert

I imagine with his injury record he's mostly being looked after properly as opposed to being rushed.

Maybe start midweek?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe start midweek?
    Can't drop Newell from our midfield and Jeggo has had two very good games now . Tough one , isn't it ?🤔

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Could it not be as simple as we already have our best midfield two?

Maybe Levitt won't be as effective in a midfield two as Newell and Jeggo?

I'd comfortably be starting both them in front of any other central midfielder just now. Seem to have a brilliant partnership.

Newell and Jeggo preferred two. Simple as that IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Could it not be as simple as we already have our best midfield two?

Maybe Levitt won't be as effective in a midfield two as Newell and Jeggo?

I'd comfortably be starting both them in front of any other central midfielder just now. Seem to have a brilliant partnership.
    I'd keep Newell and Jeggo in for St mirren game , St mirren are quite physical and think that kinda game would suit Jeggo more than Levitt possibly.

Nah. When he’s fully fit he’ll be first name in the midfield.

But he’s had a bad injury, and as good as it is to see him get back around the squad so quickly, might take a bit longer until he’s fully fit and firing.

Until then no panic. Newell is in the form of his hibs career, and Jeggo is doing the business too.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Can't drop Newell from our midfield and Jeggo has had two very good games now . Tough one , isn't it ?🤔
    I thought Jeggo was rotten today, played as a centre half in that first half, was good last 2 away games which probably suited him as they're games you need to dig in, at home to crap teams Levitt would be the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    I thought Jeggo was rotten today, played as a centre half in that first half, was good last 2 away games which probably suited him as they're games you need to dig in, at home to crap teams Levitt would be the better option.
    Jeggo was far from rotten today. They have some shift in there being just the two off them and both did well, in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Jeggo was far from rotten today. They have some shift in there being just the two off them and both did well, in different ways.
    Like I say I'll give credit where it's due and the last 2 games he's deserved it, today we didn't need Jeggo, Saints were shocking. We could have been doing with a bit more on the ball.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Jeggo had a decent game today especially second half where he surprised me with his spatial awareness and he played some very useful forward passes. He won a fair few tackles and made better use of the ball than he has at times.

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    I thought Jeggo had a decent game today especially second half where he surprised me with his spatial awareness and he played some very useful forward passes. He won a fair few tackles and made better use of the ball than he has at times.
    Fair enough, game of opinions, just felt Jeggo was a big problem first half with sitting so deep. At home to saints I'd rather we played higher up the park. Couple times he did push up a bit saints popped it round him and away they went, newell is by far superior in every department. If only we had 2 Joe Newells.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Eh? I know we can all have varying opinions but I'm struggling to see how you think he was rotten. In fact I thought it was one of his best games since coming to the club.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Newell and Jeggon have been working well together. Levitt will get a chance when that's no longer the case or someone picks up an injury.

Coaching Staff
    Every one is entitled to their opinion.

Even if it is a daft one.

Levitt may well turn out to be a better option, but to say Jeggo was ‘rotten’ today, is erm……a strange comment.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 24-09-2023 at 12:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was anything but rotten today. He was actually my MOTM

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Jeggo certainly wasn’t playing as a centre half at any point in the game. And his performance was up there with our best players. What I did notice was that positions may be a bit more flexible under the current regime. e.g. Why was Miller coming in from the left when he scored?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

was far from rotten and no idea what you mean about him playing centre half - were you even at the game?!

you might want to listen to Joe's down the slope interview - surprised me the amount of praise he gave Jeggo in it. I've not always been a fan of jeggo but thought he generally played a lot better since Johnson left...but then that could be said for most I guess!

Like I say I'll give credit where it's due and the last 2 games he's deserved it, today we didn't need Jeggo, Saints were shocking. We could have been doing with a bit more on the ball.
    We won 2-0 and kept a clean sheet. Could have scored 6.

What was it we didn’t need and/or hindered our performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Sounded like Joe’s preferred partner was Jeggo in the DTS interview

We won 2-0 and kept a clean sheet. Could have scored 6.

What was it we didn’t need and/or hindered our performance?
    Second half he and we were much better, first half I thought he sat too deep, we got the goal at a good time imo. Rotten was a bit exaggerated, but I thought first half in particular we could have been doing with someone that was a bit better on the ball in there. Jeggo has been much improved for weeks though like I said I'm not bashing him as such there's definitely a place for jimmy Jeggo in this Hibs side.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Nah. When he’s fully fit he’ll be first name in the midfield.

But he’s had a bad injury, and as good as it is to see him get back around the squad so quickly, might take a bit longer until he’s fully fit and firing.

Until then no panic. Newell is in the form of his hibs career, and Jeggo is doing the business too.
    What's your objective justification for this?
    If it were so, he'd have been getting some build-up minutes off the bench, even if just 10 to begin with. If he's not ready to play 10-15 then he wouldn't be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Every one is entitled to their opinion.

Even if it is a daft one.

Levitt may well turn out to be a better option, but to say Jeggo was ‘rotten’ today, is erm……a strange comment.
    The boy isn’t right in the head

Playing 442 there is no room for Levitt if Newell and Jeggo are playing well.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Think he’s an unfortunate casualty of comimg in under Johnson and Montgomery only playing 2 in midfield. Probably going to be Newell or Levitt, maybe both at home to the lesser teams & either Jeggo or JDH this season.

@hibs.net private member
    We can't rely on the same 11 every week. Injuries and suspensions will take their toll. When a player comes in its up to them to make the jersey theirs.

Good to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Playing 442 there is no room for Levitt if Newell and Jeggo are playing well.
    Of course there is. Levitt is a much better footballer. What jeggo does is very easy to replicate

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    What's your objective justification for this?
    If it were so, he'd have been getting some build-up minutes off the bench, even if just 10 to begin with. If he's not ready to play 10-15 then he wouldn't be on the bench.
    I haven’t got one. It’s just my opinion that once he’s up and running he’ll prove to be the best footballer we’ve got.

I could be wrong (again) of course.