hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Amazon 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Amazon 👍

I know that Amazon is the blood sucking plaything of the devil incarnate, but I have just had a highly positive experience.

I ordered replacement light bulbs, fitting E27, but I forgot to specify warm white rather than daylight.

I tried one but it was way too white, almost clinical so I ordered some better ones.

Out of interest more than anything else, they were only £7, I decided to see if I could return them.

It turned out I could return them so I started the process telling them that I'd ordered them by accident and explained that I really needed warm white bulbs.

I clicked on continue and it said that it would issue a "non-return refund" to my Amazon balance even though I'd paid by card. 😳

So, I didn't have to wrap up a parcel and take a trip to the returns shop, and I've now got 3 daylight bulbs for spare and they never cost me a penny.

Very, very good service.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I got an offer for £15 off my first delivery from Co-Op through Amazon Prime last week as long as I ordered over £50 worth of stuff, they still applied all the discounts that applied to the numerous deals that they offer, £52 worth of scran for £26, result. 👍

There will be a few cynical replies to follow.

I hate using amazon for a host of reasons but in the main they are very good at the service they provide.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that Amazon is the blood sucking plaything of the devil incarnate, but I have just had a highly positive experience.

I ordered replacement light bulbs, fitting E27, but I forgot to specify warm white rather than daylight.

I tried one but it was way too white, almost clinical so I ordered some better ones.

Out of interest more than anything else, they were only £7, I decided to see if I could return them.

It turned out I could return them so I started the process telling them that I'd ordered them by accident and explained that I really needed warm white bulbs.

I clicked on continue and it said that it would issue a "non-return refund" to my Amazon balance even though I'd paid by card.

So, I didn't have to wrap up a parcel and take a trip to the returns shop, and I've now got 3 daylight bulbs for spare and they never cost me a penny.

Very, very good service.
    Used their no packaging Evri return service the other day.

Got a QR code and popped into my local Tesco Express. Scanned the QR code in the Evri machine and received a label…went to the counter and handed over the product with the printed label (still in manufactures box but not wrapped or packaged). Tesco person scanned the label and gave me a receipt and that was that.

Was dead easy and would defo use again if Amazon insist on me actually returning the item ;-)