hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    JDT is a little frustrated at Blackburn
    Venkys can only pull so much money out of India due to some new financial implications from their government.
    I was told they wanted Vente but couldn’t justify the fee.
    The people I know who go and watch Blackburn are happy with the way he tries to play football
    I still think a solid experience manager of Scottish football is needed
    McInnes
    Robinson
    Kettlewell

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ian Murray walked past me in Nicholson Street last night about 1am.

Make of that what you will

On it's own it means nothing, but I was out for a very good Ruby Murray around the same time.

Too much of a coincidence? I think not, bring him home.

Kevin Thomson as assistant but rested for Sevco matches?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I’d be going all balls out for Derek McInnes. Tried and tested and at this juncture, exactly what Hibernian Football Club needs.

He and McDermott, on paper, would be an excellent team.

Make it happen Kensell, you unbuttoned, bronzed sexbomb.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’d be going all balls out for Derek McInnes. Tried and tested and at this juncture, exactly what Hibernian Football Club needs.

McIness is the kind of guy you give a long term deal to. Not Lee ****ing Johnson who was coming in off the back of a League One sacking.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

McIness is the kind of guy you give a long term deal to. Not Lee ****ing Johnson who was coming in off the back of a League One sacking.
    Hear hear.

Get him in Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

Did he no suggest he didn't want to come to us in the past before or was it just a rumour

I'm just not seeing it. If his Killie team were playing especially good football or putting teams away then I'd get it.

They lost away to Motherwell yesterday. We can achieve that already with Johnson. 0-0 away to Livi. We'd take that as a one off result but how about in a succession of similar? Didn't beat Raith in the league cup groups. Write it off as early season form... or do folk on here get the knives out because (if it were hibs) we fail to beat a lower league team?

McInnes is living off a reputation built competing in a league without Rangers in it. Those days are gone. His results are so-so now.

Blog Entries
    I don’t think there will be a queue at the door waiting for a fleeting hold of the poisoned chalice.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I'm just not seeing it. If his Killie team were playing especially good football or putting teams away then I'd get it.

They lost away to Motherwell yesterday. We can achieve that already with Johnson. 0-0 away to Livi. We'd take that as a one off result but how about in a succession of similar? Didn't beat Raith in the league cup groups. Write it off as early season form... or do folk on here get the knives out because (if it were hibs) we fail to beat a lower league team?

McInnes is living off a reputation built competing in a league without Rangers in it. Those days are gone. His results are so-so now.
    Agree to an extent, but you’ve got to realise he’s at Kilmarnock now, who are (or at least should be) far further down the food chain in comparison to Hibs and Aberdeen.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    You don’t agree our midfield is imbalanced and has been an issue for years without being properly addressed?
    It’s not the root of our problems. We finished 3rd in a season where we mainly had Newell and Gogic in centre midfield. Because our team collectively were effective.

I want Hibs to build a good team.

Coming more and more to the idea of Robinson at St Mirren.

Talks really well and his teams play decent fitba.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It’s not the root of our problems. We finished 3rd in a season where we mainly had Newell and Gogic in centre midfield. Because our team collectively were effective.

That’s a fair point of view, not one I agree with, but fair. Talking about weird obsessions isn’t constructive or adding anything to the debate though.

I believe central midfield is the most important area of any team. Especially if we want to be anything other than a poor, inconsistent team, that can achieve 3rd by being slightly less poor than the other 9 teams. As has been the case for the last while in terms of teams finishing 3rd, and then a big drop off the next season as we saw.

@hibs.net private member

I reckon the midfield is exactly the root of our problems. It’s an area that has needed strengthened for a while now and it hasn’t

First Team Breakthrough
    Big Steve Evans from Stevenage. Football would'nt be pretty but by god we would get some results. And we would finish 3rd.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

I think I’d go for him too. Unsure if he’d want it though, kind of the same as McInnes. Both are very secure in their current jobs.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    I'd love Stevie Clarke to get the job but that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    That’s a fair point of view, not one I agree with, but fair. Talking about weird obsessions isn’t constructive or adding anything to the debate though.

I believe central midfield is the most important area of any team. Especially if we want to be anything other than a poor, inconsistent team, that can achieve 3rd by being slightly less poor than the other 9 teams. As has been the case for the last while in terms of teams finishing 3rd, and then a big drop off the next season as we saw.
    Going on about McGinn and McGeouch every 5 minutes isn’t adding anything either.

Annoying we didn't appoint him before Kilmarnock as he would have been cheaper.

Now if Hibs come asking about him he will be on a much higher salary plus his back room staff plus the compensation to Killie.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 27-08-2023 at 10:20 AM.

I’d be happy with him, can bring Ohara with him too.

@hibs.net private member
    Robinson and MacInnes are the two front runners for me. I don't want someone with no experience of Scottish football. We've tried the lower leagues in England for players and managers and they very rarely work. Scottish football is not pretty it's physical and it's time we signed players to compete in that environment.

I am not sure what this is based on. Didn’t achieve much at Motherwell and resigned as he admitted he had taken them as far as he could as they headed towards the bottom of the league. Stabilised st mirren but not exactly hitting the levels we would expect at hibs. I don’t see him as being any better than we currently have.

Maybe there is good players coming in before window closes with Henderson Melkerson Leaving will Johnson get a reprieve and could turn it around judging by net is it now a formality

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Robinson and MacInnes are the two front runners for me. I don't want someone with no experience of Scottish football. We've tried the lower leagues in England for players and managers and they very rarely work. Scottish football is not pretty it's physical and it's time we signed players to compete in that environment.
    Williamson and butcher were tried and tested in Scotland. Duffy as well arguably. Our trophy winning managers had no managerial experience here but did have playing experience. But then so did maloney.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Going on about McGinn and McGeouch every 5 minutes isn’t adding anything either.
    You can always put me on ignore or skip past my posts when I’m banging on about the midfield, of which I acknowledge I definitely do bang on about it. However, It’s an issue that has got each manager from Lennon to, soon to be Johnson, sacked IMO. So a long-standing problem we haven’t ever got close to properly addressing, and a relevant conversation when discussing a new manager IMO.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    On it's own it means nothing, but I was out for a very good Ruby Murray around the same time.

Too much of a coincidence? I think not, bring him home.

Kevin Thomson as assistant but rested for Sevco matches?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Kevin Thomson? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank god you’re not in charge of recruitment!

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I am not sure what this is based on. Didn’t achieve much at Motherwell and resigned as he admitted he had taken them as far as he could as they headed towards the bottom of the league. Stabilised st mirren but not exactly hitting the levels we would expect at hibs. I don’t see him as being any better than we currently have.
    Well they played us off the park first game of the season.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    McInnes. I can’t really see the argument against him being the right person. He’s consistently did a good job at this level, not just the one season with one side.

Absolutely not Calum Davidson, and Scott Browns name wouldn’t be mentioned at all if he’d not played for us. He’s done nothing to show he’s who we should bring in.

@hibs.net private member
    Prior to Hibs job -

Johnson - Sacked by Sunderland and Bristol
    Maloney - Untested
    Ross - Sacked by Sunderland
    Hecky - Sacked by Leeds
    Lennon - Sacked by Bolton.

How about we go for a manager who is doing well at a ‘smaller’ club right now rather than someone out of work for poor performance in their previous role.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Prior to Hibs job -

Johnson - Sacked by Sunderland and Bristol
    Maloney - Untested
    Ross - Sacked by Sunderland
    Hecky - Sacked by Leeds
    Lennon - Sacked by Bolton.

How about we go for a manager who is doing well at a ‘smaller’ club right now rather than someone out of work for poor performance in their previous role.
    Mourinho and Ancelotti have been sacked as managers. Being sacked doesn’t automatically mean you’re not a good option.