hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m just please for the football geniuses that howled abuse and wanted rid of Paul Heckingbottom and Jack Ross. Must be pleased with how that has turned out
    Heckingbottom won 1 league game from his last 16 so not sure what kind of point you’re trying to make there.

Ross is a bit more debatable obviously.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Nobody springs to mind. But that's not the fans job. It's the clubs job. The worrying thing for me is that it was a choice between LJ and JDT last time. After an extensive search they made it to the final two. JDT is also failing spectacularly at his current club. We've thought these two were the best candidates. Pretty worrying.
    Not sure what you’re on about here. Jon Dahl Tommasson had Blackburn finish 7th last season which is a great season for them. They are bottom half in terms of budget, so whilst they’d have been disappointed not to reach the play offs it was still their best finish since they were relegated over 10 years ago.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Not sure what you’re on about here. Jon Dahl Tommasson had Blackburn finish 7th last season which is a great season for them. They are bottom half in terms of budget, so whilst they’d have been disappointed not to reach the play offs it was still their best finish since they were relegated over 10 years ago.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Stephen Robinson is easily my number one preference. McInnes probably second.

Hope we have one of them in soon

Think it would have to be someone without a job at the moment and desperate to get back into football.Can’t see anyone like McInnes coming if they have a football brain. No defence, midfield poor and the transfer window shutting this week, meaning they would be stuck with the squad until January. By then it could well be too late and another reputation tarnished.Johnson has to go though and now IMO

Ian Murray for me instead of the usual re treads. Worth taking a chance with him as he seems to be doing a decent job right now.

Fancied Liam Manning last time round and would like us to go for him this time.

They finished on the same points, one place higher but lost more games and scored less goals than the season before JDT. Hardly progress.
    Last edited by Since452; 27-08-2023 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Ian Murray for me instead of the usual re treads. Worth taking a chance with him as he seems to be doing a decent job right now.
    Done literally nothing to merit the Hibs job, only mentioned as an ex player, may as well bring yogi back whose managerial record is far superior.

@hibs.net private member
    They finished on the same points, one place higher but lost more games and scored less goals than the season before JDT. Hardly progress.
    So they finished equal points wise and better league position wise to the previous season, which was also their best season in nearly a decade up until last season, despite their budget being one befitting of a team much further down the league.

Doesn’t quite sound like ‘failing spectacularly’ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    So they finished equal points wise and better league position wise to the previous season, which was also their best season in nearly a decade up until last season, despite their budget being one befitting of a team much further down the league.

Doesn’t quite sound like ‘failing spectacularly’ to me.
    Well it is if you go by your mantra of saying LJ hasn't improved us since Maloney

@hibs.net private member
    Well it is if you go by your mantra of saying LJ hasn't improved us since Maloney
    They followed up a successful season by having an even more successful season, punching above their weight both times.

We followed up a failure of a season by having a slightly less failure of a season and then continuing into the next season by failing.

The two are incomparable.

Don’t know who but, for me, we need a manager who has a bit of presence that the players have a bit of respect for.

If you look at the last couple they use all their fancy words and basically prattle on. I just can’t imagine it inspiring players at all, in fact from watching them play you can see it doesn’t.

A competent manager would come in and make a difference simply by giving us a bit shape and organisation and letting our good attacking players get on the ball in the right areas.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Same place we got the money to spend £700K on Vente.

I'd argue using the money we bring in from the Villa game to go out and get a proven manager would be a better use than giving it to Johnson to bring in another player. A decent manager gets more from this squad even with it's obvious issues.
    That money came direct from Ian Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    They followed up a successful season by having an even more successful season, punching above their weight both times.

We followed up a failure of a season by having a slightly less failure of a season and then continuing into the next season by failing. 7th/8th. Same difference.

The two are incomparable.
    "An even more successful season"? More defeats, less goals, same points? Imagine that was a Hibs manager? Their feet wouldn't touch the ground on the way out the door.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    "An even more successful season"? More defeats, less goals, same points? Imagine that was a Hibs manager? Their feet would touch the ground on the way out the door.
    Must have had more wins as well then?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Must have had more wins as well then?
    One more. An extremely less attractive style of play as well.

Ian Murray walked past me in Nicholson Street last night about 1am.

Make of that what you will

Last edited by Hibs90; 27-08-2023 at 08:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That is a horrendous list. Scary.
    Agree only one wouldn't put a line through was Mcinnes

One more. An extremely less attractive style of play as well.
    Think you should stop digging. JDT hasn’t failed at Blackburn

@hibs.net private member
    "An even more successful season"? More defeats, less goals, same points? Imagine that was a Hibs manager? Their feet wouldn't touch the ground on the way out the door.
    And you’ve conveniently missed the fact he won more and finished higher up the league, following up pretty well on what was a very good season for them the season before.

What you’ve posted was nonsense. As someone else has said, it’s probably best you stop digging.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 27-08-2023 at 08:22 AM.

I think we should be aiming higher than a lot of the names mentioned really. We need someone who has experience playing and managing at a level above ours to drag the club upwards.

I dont have anybody in particular in mind but recycling the same names we always do when looking for a manager is getting a bit tiresome.

Now I know getting someone with that sort of background is probably worth more than what we have offered out before but in my opinion getting in a coaching team with proven experience at that level is 100% worth the investment.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t know who but, for me, we need a manager who has a bit of presence that the players have a bit of respect for.

If you look at the last couple they use all their fancy words and basically prattle on. I just can’t imagine it inspiring players at all, in fact from watching them play you can see it doesn’t.

A competent manager would come in and make a difference simply by giving us a bit shape and organisation and letting our good attacking players get on the ball in the right areas.
    SDG and Daz have the presence and respect. In the interim I think that’s what we will do. There will be posts saying not SDG ‘cos he’s been part of the last three coaching teams, but without knowing exactly what influence he has I don’t think that’s a fair judgement. If they do well it wouldn’t surprise me if they get it permanently.

I’m not saying that’s my number one choice, I’m another one wanting McInnes but that ship has sailed + he wasn’t considered the last two times, so doubt that would change now. I’d like to see us go for a foreign manager, someone from Scandinavia though couldn’t name a single candidate.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

We need someone that understands good teams are, largely, defined by their central midfield IMO. It doesn’t have to be Mcinnes but you can point to his sides being built around Shinnie and then Ferguson. That’s the key to a successful manager and Hibs team IMO.

All the more bemusing when we only have to go back a few seasons to see a template of one of the most balanced Hibs midfields I’ve seen in terms of their roles and how those roles complimented the others in McGeough, McGinn & Allan. I would have a good deal of understanding if you could see Hibs trying to replicate that template but it’s simply too big an ask to replace quality like for like.

As it is we’ve been fixated on the defensive midfield role/position on the park being the fix to all our midfield woes in signing Gogic, Kenneh, Jeggo, then same position but different role in Levitt. As well as the following players playing that defensive midfield role, Egan-Reilly, Delfierre, Porteous & Stevenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Yogi and John Collins, hibsdreamteam, you heard it here first 😁
    Not a bad shout would be the fittest team in the league both trophy winners in the Scottish game. They both need something to keep them of the golf course. Both of them are probably much fitter than our first team squad.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs90 View Post
    Ian Murray walked past me in Nicholson Street last night about 1am.

Make of that what you will

Did he shrug his shoulders?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    We need someone that understands good teams are, largely, defined by their central midfield IMO. It doesn’t have to be Mcinnes but you can point to his sides being built around Shinnie and then Ferguson. That’s the key to a successful manager and Hibs team IMO.

All the more bemusing when we only have to go back a few seasons to see a template of one of the most balanced Hibs midfields I’ve seen in terms of their roles and how those roles complimented the others in McGeough, McGinn & Allan. I would have a good deal of understanding if you could see Hibs trying to replicate that template but it’s simply too big an ask to replace quality like for like.

As it is we’ve been fixated on the defensive midfield role/position on the park being the fix to all our midfield woes in signing Gogic, Kenneh, Jeggo, then same position but different role in Levitt. As well as the following players playing that defensive midfield role, Egan-Reilly, Delfierre, Porteous & Stevenson.
    Your obsession with this is getting a bit weird.

We finished 3rd with a midfield you thought was rubbish. Hearts were 3rd with Devlin and Haring in centre midfield.

Aberdeen had a central midfield last year that were beaten 5-0 at Tynecastle and 6-0 by us.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

We finished 3rd with a midfield you thought was rubbish. Hearts were 3rd with Devlin and Haring in centre midfield.

Aberdeen had a central midfield last year that were beaten 5-0 at Tynecastle and 6-0 by us.
    You don’t agree our midfield is imbalanced and has been an issue for years without being properly addressed?

@hibs.net private member

I don’t think it’s weird at all.

We all moan about the fact we have a horribly unbalanced midfield that doesn’t do anything to complement each other. The Allan, McGinn, McGeough midfield was as close to perfect in terms of complimenting each other as you’ll ever get, even without considering the exceptional ability of them.

They pretty much covered all bases in terms of at least one of them being very good at every single aspect a midfield needs to be good at.

Whilst they were very talented individually, I’d argue that because of how well balanced they were that they were actually greater than the sum of their parts.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    We’ve tried a few managers now who weren’t knowledgeable about the current SPL teams/players.

To bring some stability to ER we really need someone who can set us up properly to compete in the league.

We are a few weeks into the season and our set of professional athletes look like they are nearing April instead of September.
    I really don’t understand that …but it’s been the same for a few years ..we can’t get 90 mins out of the team ….why is that ?

I’ve always felt the squad seems to be too soft and maybe east mains is more like a Spa than a workplace.
    Get the ******* up and down the dunes at Gullane until they show a bit more fitness. If the stats the trainers are seeing say they are fit, then they definitely aren’t hungry enough to be wearing our colours.

LJ isn’t improving any of them that I can see and the promised high tempo, high pressing game is rarely evident.

oh …and Passing ……professional footballers ….aye well !

Get a real manager in and the imposters out …whatever their role.