hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Before I found the whole “no lower league English manager” chat really boring.

But now I feel like I’m on board with it, I just think being ‘successful’ down there is so different.

They don’t go up against as many teams that will just sit in and counter for 90 minutes the way teams do here. They also seem to underestimate it and have an arrogance for no real reason.

At least Maloney tried to play football to unlock defences. Without going too deep into it I really would like to have seen what he would have done with a squad of players we have now and pace to stretch teams. The poor boy was choosing between James Scott, Drey Wright, Elias Melkersen, Chris Mueller and Sylvester Jasper to play as part of his front 3!!!! Honestly just let that sink in.

The squad we have no are capable of being coached into a decent team, we still need another centre mid or 2 in my opinion. Defensively yes we could sign more and better players but a bit of organisation would go a long long way. It just seems like a free for all at the back

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen fan influence - they were far from happy.

Now I live in Ayrshire, I work with Killie fans, they’d not shed a tear if he went.
    He is doing a great job for Killie..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Before I found the whole “no lower league English manager” chat really boring.

But now I feel like I’m on board with it, I just think being ‘successful’ down there is so different.

They don’t go up against as many teams that will just sit in and counter for 90 minutes the way teams do here. They also seem to underestimate it and have an arrogance for no real reason.

At least Maloney tried to play football to unlock defences. Without going too deep into it I really would like to have seen what he would have done with a squad of players we have now and pace to stretch teams. The poor boy was choosing between James Scott, Drey Wright, Elias Melkersen, Chris Mueller and Sylvester Jasper to play as part of his front 3!!!! Honestly just let that sink in.

The squad we have no are capable of being coached into a decent team, we still need another centre mid or 2 in my opinion. Defensively yes we could sign more and better players but a bit of organisation would go a long long way. It just seems like a free for all at the back
    Yep we look a very poorly coached team little structure. A decent coach improves that immediately imo

Stubbsy or Jack Ross. Both got a good eye for a player.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano Kirsty View Post
    Ian Murray.
    Couldn't beat the Hibs, so naw

In no particular order of requirements…

• Nobody who has been here before. Times have moved on, so did they, no encores.
    • No failures, or at least not a failure in their last job. Hiring folk who’ve just been sacked for not being good enough seems to, funnily enough, lead to us sacking them for not being good enough. Somebody on an upward trajectory would be nice for a change.
    • No rookies. Normally I love a coach with promise, but mid season when we’re in a mess is not the time for a bold gamble on somebody cutting their teeth, as we saw with Maloney. Really it’s why we should have moved on from Lee in the summer.

Oh and Malky Mackay can absolutely get ******.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by chookyembra View Post
    Anyone who has zero connection to Them.
    That's a tad unfair on Van Morrison

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    Get him out now - Lennon until end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by sauzeelegod View Post
    From that list, Chris Wilder.
    Would be surprised if he came up here though.
    A known hearts fan, not a chance is he coming here.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKeatings View Post
    A known hearts fan, not a chance is he coming here.
    He’s a Hearts fan ?

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Some highly unlikely names that I'd be excited by

Graham Potter
    Ruud van nistelrooy
    Andres Villa Boas
    Karel Geraerts
    Ralph Hassenhuttl
    Christoph Galtier
    Jolen Lopetegui

And **** it, Zidane.

Perhaps realistic if not as exciting could be Nathan Jones.

Geraerts maybe worth an ask, can only see him linked with Nice and Strasbourg since he left Union SG.
    A shaved monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is Scott Brown a realistic option?

Sure I heard he’s popular with the Fleetwood fans but I’ve no idea how good a job he’s doing.
    So far in League One he has DLLLL so 1 point more than us, but he got that from Carlisle Utd who themselves have only managed to get DLDLL

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Robbie neilson

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I'd be McInnes and if not Robinson. Both know the league, both seem to be able to get the sum of a team worth more than its individuals and both get players to play in a shape that makes sense. McInnes stayed too long at Aberdeen. Up until the last couple of years his record was excellent. He also scores goals, knows how to win ugly and always has a nice mix of grit and flair. I've certainly moaned, like most, as Aberdeen chop down a Hibs player yet again to stop a promising attack. These days though everyone seems to do it bar us. The big issue with McInnes is he is loyal so probably wouldn't come. He has the Thes connection but he also turned managing them down so that squares that up to me. LJ is finished as the players have completely lost confidence. They are not playing for each other and look terrified of getting involved in the game. So many poor touches and misplaced passes which would be bad enough but it is within our playing context of slow, laborious, safe build up play. THe players may not be brilliant but they are miles better than they are performing and they look like they need direction. We were beat in teh tunnel before walking out against Villa and I don't think we were far behind that today

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Where are we getting the money to buy McInness, Robinson or others out of their present employment?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar

Who for next manager?

McInnes and if not him Brian McDermott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Where are we getting the money to buy McInness, Robinson or others out of their present employment?

A good number of posters seem to hail from Narnia, maybe they have money trees there.

Coaching Staff
    There’s a guy in Australia I could recommend but no doubt he would be scoffed at because he is operating in what is seen as a lower level and has no experience in Scotland.

I mean, look at how bad that other guy did, because of his inexperience in Scotland.

Can’t remember that guy’s second name but think his first was Ange something.

Kettlewell
    Robinson
    Lennon
    McInnes
    Courts

@hibs.net private member
    I honestly don't know. Maybe just in a mood but I find all the names underwhelming.

I watched so many Aberdeen games where his team came to ER and were brutal. Yes they did win more than their fair share but I remember myself and others remarking on here that I'd struggle to watch that every week.

Maybe that's what we need at the moment but he's definitely not inspiring me.

And please for the love of God, let's not even consider Ross or Lennon. I liked both at times during their spell as manager but we need to move on, and each got the sack for a reason, and equally aren't in manager gigs for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    There’s a guy in Australia I could recommend but no doubt he would be scoffed at because he is operating in what is seen as a lower level and has no experience in Scotland.

I mean, look at how bad that other guy did, because of his inexperience in Scotland.

Can’t remember that guy’s second name but think his first was Ange something.
    U*** Talay? If nothing else for the wonderful mispronounced versions of his name we would get in sportscene 😁

Edit: guess the sweary filter doesn't like it either 🤣

McInnes or Robinson if we went down the route of a Scottish manager proven at this level. Probably far too soon but Rhys McCabe and Bartley are also 2 I would be keeping an eye on.

Don't want Michael O'Neill. Was a mixed bag at Stoke and I think he's a manger suited to a job like Northern Ireland where they will go into a huge number of games as underdogs. That isn't the case domestically at Hibs.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

Same place we got the money to spend £700K on Vente.

I'd argue using the money we bring in from the Villa game to go out and get a proven manager would be a better use than giving it to Johnson to bring in another player. A decent manager gets more from this squad even with it's obvious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    A good number of posters seem to hail from Narnia, maybe they have money trees there.
    Hail from Narnia because they think we can get the Kilmarnock or St Mirren manager?

Managers rarely go for much money in comparison to players and we’ve shown we’re willing to spend money as shown over the last 18 months.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    I just want it left to the DoF to hire, that's partly what he here to do

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    For once I'd like us to go out and bully other teams, win the effing game and then start the good football. A spine in the team, someone dominating at the back and a brute in the middle that opposing players don't want to face. Let's be Hibs who you know you are in a game with

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    For once I'd like us to go out and bully other teams, win the effing game and then start the good football. A spine in the team, someone dominating at the back and a brute in the middle that opposing players don't want to face. Let's be Hibs who you know you are in a game with
    I keep hearing about the Hibs way and entertaining football. Very few managers have actually achieved that so I agree let’s just get to a stage where we are winning the majority of games we should be winning and consistently challenging for 3rd place.

Getting sick fed up of this same crap on repeat for years. Really depressing stuff.

If it was later in the season (and we were reasonably safe from relegation) I'd be all for McDermott taking over as interim manager with a view to making it permanent if he does well enough. It's what he did when he took over the shambles left by Brendan Rodgers at Reading and turned them round immediately. I'm not so sure about taking it on for the whole season though as that all happened a long time ago.

Incidentally, LJ's Sky interview is very reminiscent of Rodgers' last few interview as Reading manager.

Nobody springs to mind. But that's not the fans job. It's the clubs job. The worrying thing for me is that it was a choice between LJ and JDT last time. After an extensive search they made it to the final two. JDT is also failing spectacularly at his current club. We've thought these two were the best candidates. Pretty worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post
    Kettlewell
    Robinson
    Lennon
    McInnes
    Courts
    That is a horrendous list. Scary.