hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, twitter footage of Frankfurt airport is not promising, heavy flooding so can't really blame them. Hopefully they'll provide a refund.

Alternate Lufthansa flight paths were terrible so I've rebooked and I'm going to Zurich via London at quite a cost, here's hoping the travel insurance coughs up or it's beans on toast for all of September!
    Jesus, just saw the flooding. I've booked edinburgh-geneva direct at considerable cost, the wife is going to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    That's a scunner. I'm getting cancellation notifications for flights involving Frankfurt at work so it's not just you!

Hope all get here eventually by hook or by crook
    Cheers. Currently sitting in Edinburgh airport with a free pint and bacon roll courtesy of Lufthansa. All going well I should make it to the game

Made it, hope everyone else that had their plans scuppered is as lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Well done mate, enjoy the game.

Glad to hear it! Hope everyone else has made it too. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    Me and my lassie arrive late Tomorrow night so would definetly be up for a meet up somewhere.
    Hi mate, I hope your daughter is ok today.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    To be fair, twitter footage of Frankfurt airport is not promising, heavy flooding so can't really blame them. Hopefully they'll provide a refund.

Alternate Lufthansa flight paths were terrible so I've rebooked and I'm going to Zurich via London at quite a cost, here's hoping the travel insurance coughs up or it's beans on toast for all of September!
    After 4 months I received an email today telling me Lufthansa would reimburse me for my flight to Geneva and train to Luzern- £400

I claimed through Söp, it's worth a go for anyone that had to make their own plans due to the Frankfurt flight cancellation

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

After 4 months I received an email today telling me Lufthansa would reimburse me for my flight to Geneva and train to Luzern- £400

I claimed through Söp, it's worth a go for anyone that had to make their own plans due to the Frankfurt flight cancellation

Just been reading this thread and your success with Lufthansa interested me, so sorry for the thread drift.

Was the Lufthansa flight cancelled because of bad weather and who are Sop? You also say they offered alternative flights.

The reason I ask is because last year we were due to fly with them from Budapest to Frankfurt connecting to Edinburgh and they cancelled at the last minute, not mentioning why. We later found out it was because of thunderstorms which they used as a reason not to stump up. Having been handed a chit by their useless handling agents, we had to find overnight digs ourselves before going back out to the airport the next day.

Their whole set-up dealing with matters was terrible so I'd like to know if you have any gen which may help me pursue them again.

Great news. Who are SoP ? I failed trying to get compensation. Keen to try again

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    Just been reading this thread and your success with Lufthansa interested me, so sorry for the thread drift.

Was the Lufthansa flight cancelled because of bad weather and who are Sop? You also say they offered alternative flights.

The reason I ask is because last year we were due to fly with them from Budapest to Frankfurt connecting to Edinburgh and they cancelled at the last minute, not mentioning why. We later found out it was because of thunderstorms which they used as a reason not to stump up. Having been handed a chit by their useless handling agents, we had to find overnight digs ourselves before going back out to the airport the next day.

Their whole set-up dealing with matters was terrible so I'd like to know if you have any gen which may help me pursue them again.
    I had booked Edinburgh to Basel via Frankfurt. The first flight was cancelled due to flooding at Frankfurt airport but there was still options to arrive in Basel the same day (easyJet flight to Geneva then onward train for me)

This article by Simon Calder explaining your rights is very good

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b2207715.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper1875 View Post
    Great news. Who are SoP ? I failed trying to get compensation. Keen to try again
    I made a claim directly to the airline which was rejected within a matter of hours btw. I then made a claim through this website with screenshots of flight and train bookings

https://soep-online.de/en/your-conci...e-form-flight/

I made a claim directly to the airline which was rejected within a matter of hours btw. I then made a claim through this website with screenshots of flight and train bookings

https://soep-online.de/en/your-conci...e-form-flight/

Cheers will give it a go

I had booked Edinburgh to Basel via Frankfurt. The first flight was cancelled due to flooding at Frankfurt airport but there was still options to arrive in Basel the same day (easyJet flight to Geneva then onward train for me)

This article by Simon Calder explaining your rights is very good

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b2207715.html

Thanks for that. However it deals solely with flights cancelled due to to strikes rather than weather where I believe your rights may be different.