hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Level Of Passing

How absolutely horrendous was the basic level of passing from that Hibs team today?! The amount of cross field balls that went out of play, crosses that hit the first man, the weight of pass being not only far too heavy but at times far too light. Very concerning to say the very least.

Oh, and to save me starting another thread, there’s a reason our form RAPIDLY IMPROVED last season when Rocky was injured! The guy is no where near good enough and it’s no coincidence we concede like a siv when he’s on the pitch. Hanlon & Fish or Fish & Harbottle if he’s up to the requirement needed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How absolutely horrendous was the basic level of passing from that Hibs team today?! The amount of cross field balls that went out of play, crosses that hit the first man, the weight of pass being not only far too heavy but at times far too light. Very concerning to say the very least.

Oh, and to save me starting another thread, there’s a reason our form RAPIDLY IMPROVED last season when Rocky was injured! The guy is no where near good enough and it’s no coincidence we concede like a siv when he’s on the pitch. Hanlon & Fish or Fish & Harbottle if he’s up to the requirement needed.
    Totally agree quality weight of pass very little pass and move. Obsession with going long. Every set piece the same lump into the box no short corners or variation. Absolute horror show. Lost to a pub team who played better pub team football than we did.

It was almost like the TV went on fast forward anytime the ball went long from right to left on the camera. Turned into a missile.

I used to ping passes about like that in the Meadows every Sunday. I was hopeless at fitba and always hungover. Criminal our guys being that bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game where so many passes were just shelled out the park

TBH that was my bug bear last season too. We continually over hit passes all season. We done the same with corners which further angered me 😂 as we never ever put anybody round the back to take account of this much repeated error. 😡

Lump, lump, lump, lump, lump

Absolute minging style of football.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

When we have a lot of the ball, Rocky has to be a lot better with it when passing forward, he has to be quicker and more accurate, i doubt he has the ability to do either.

I’m glad, after reading a lot of posts from today and before Rocky was out the team, my comments from a while back which got quite a bit of backlash from people are now being supported. I posted saying that Rocky should be nowhere near our starting 11. I will admit like I did a while ago he did have some decent games but surely Hibs as a club should have much higher standards

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiehibs View Post
    I’m glad, after reading a lot of posts from today and before Rocky was out the team, my comments from a while back which got quite a bit of backlash from people are now being supported. I posted saying that Rocky should be nowhere near our starting 11. I will admit like I did a while ago he did have some decent games but surely Hibs as a club should have much higher standards

100%

These adults have been passing footballs since they were wee boys, professional footballers now paid to work at passing a ball, yet they looked like they'd never kicked a ball in their life.

It's the manager, the tactics, the utterly shambolic style and standard. Folk calling for 4 or 5 new players, we've already signed a load, do we just keep going with a huge squad? FFS.

Cut the loss and get rid.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    The amount of times we pass the ball behind or level with the player is probably the most frustrating thing for me. I actually get so angry about it, probably unnaturally so.

There was a 60 second passage in the 2nd half when first Lewis, then Jeggo then some other duffer, all under next to no pressure, just booted the ball out the park. Basic, basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game where so many passes were just shelled out the park
    But, but, but it was the altitude and a wee pitch.

An utter joke, Stevenson, Youan were the pick of a bad bunch

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Stevenson? Youan and Newell maybe🤷*♂️

@hibs.net private member
    You think Stevenson was the pick of the bunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    Stevenson? Youan and Newell maybe🤷*♂️
    Didn't you watch the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    But, but, but it was the altitude and a wee pitch.
    And the wind 🤣
    There was a strong wind towards the end the Hibs fans were behind, not noticeable from the stand at side, and presumably not apparent on TV. A full time professional team completely unable to adjust & cope with it says it all, ball after ball over hit.

First Team Breakthrough Soldiersteve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    The amount of times we pass the ball behind or level with the player is probably the most frustrating thing for me. I actually get so angry about it, probably unnaturally so.
    Thats my bug bear too - any momentum is immediately lost!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Does my head in when it coincides with an overall poor performance snd result

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love Stevenson but if he has ever had a worse game for Hibs I would be very surprised. He was absolutely brutal tonight.

Didn't you watch the first half?
    Stevenson was involved in both goals we lost and kept kicking the ball back to them or out of play. He was poor

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I don't think I've ever seen us blooter so many balls out the park

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Potty78 View Post
    Stevenson was involved in both goals we lost and kept kicking the ball back to them or out of play. He was poor
    Yes he was shocking but so were so many others, players who couldnie trap a bag o cement or pass a ball more than 20 yards, dont know what the training involves but perhaps they need to practice a bit more, rather than just running.
    Very poor, but they do get a chance to make things a wee bit better next week. They better take the chance.

Youan caused more problems for Hibs than he did for Inter,such a frustrating player, surely by now he must know that it is supposed to be a team game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    These adults have been passing footballs since they were wee boys, professional footballers now paid to work at passing a ball, yet they looked like they'd never kicked a ball in their life.

It's the manager, the tactics, the utterly shambolic style and standard. Folk calling for 4 or 5 new players, we've already signed a load, do we just keep going with a huge squad? FFS.

Cut the loss and get rid.
    It's amazing, isn't it? They get paid thousands a week and perform like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    Youan caused more problems for Hibs than he did for Inter,such a frustrating player, surely by now he must know that it is supposed to be a team game.
    I half jokingly complained during the strip clash friendly (can't remember who the Gibraltar team was!) that I was worried about him being played wide. I'm joking even less now.

It wasn’t just the passing. We weren’t good in any aspect of the game including the way we applied ourselves. But the number of passes that were absolutely leathered out the park was unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    It wasn’t just the passing. We weren’t good in any aspect of the game including the way we applied ourselves. But the number of passes that were absolutely leathered out the park was unbelievable.
    Very narrow pitch - probably 10 yards narrower than Easter Road.

No excuse - but it can be difficult to adjust.